Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
Words cannot describe how much I apologise for my botched start.

Yes they can Longbow, it's pretty clear how you feel about it. These things happen. You and BB would probably have had a great race afterwards, if the petty 'Jobsworth' pit steward had allowed his reverse entry to stand. As it was, he got a drive through, and another lap with a knackered engine! Poor fella.

I feel sorry for Jammy too, who, I think, found out too late that Jocke's ghosting M4 was a bit more solid than it appeared. I'd hit it myself earlier, but only lost about 4 seconds, and got no damage. I think Jammy wasn't so lucky.

Hopefully, next week will be better

👍

So, congratulations to Harsk on becoming a double winner. As amazing as it sounds, someone really has closed right in on Jammy, who is still stuck with Boss. I'm not sure how things would be working out if I hadn't totally cocked-up on the ranking for the Vette, but it will be interesting to watch the battle between Jammy and Harsk go down to the wire.

I'll update the results and rankings in a moment, and I'm giving Rich equal fourth with Jammy, as he DCd whilst in that position. Only a few laps earlier I'd been thinking that he was set to become our seventh winner of the series, something he deserves after having three second places. Maybe Midfield?

Finally, welcome back Paul. It was ace to see that you'd still got real pace fella. Pity you couldn't continue to the end, but that was very encouraging. Hope you can make it to Midfield, where you'll have your pick of the motors. Phew!

Cheers, Zo.

Sorry I had to quit guys. As mentioned above, picked up engine damage at the start, spun going into the pit lane which gave me a drive through then had to do another lap with a buggered engine. Then I went off, saw the leaders were nearly with me. A lap down 4 laps into a 42 lap race doesn't have much fun factor so I bailed.

I watched the race for a bit and it was excellent! Jammy, Paul, rich and zo all put on a great show.

Just a little update on the standings. Although everybody is dropping one score, the fact is that this only directly effects Jammy, Harsk and me, because we're the only ones who have raced in every round.

As it stands, the dropped result leaves the scores at

Jammy 83
Harsk 81
Zolon 80
Longbow 71
Rich 63
Jocke 53
BB 47
Tom 34
Aaroh/Suts 33
Tarn 27
Zeus 23
C-John 21
Gamer 15
Paul 6

And Lilium on half a point, for turning up...

Cheers, Zo.

Nicely and tightly on the points board...I think it's still me, Harsk, Zo and also LB has chance. Interesting....
I'm getting really bored to run Boss all the time...

EDIT: Yeah Jocke's ghosted M4 was little too hard...

I'm getting really bored to run Boss all the time...

Yep. Sorry about that Jammy :( Imperfect handicap system. Using the Vantage/SS10/Maserati worked better, I think. Although there have been times when three or more drivers in three different types of car have scrapped for a few laps during the races we've had so far; that's the sort of thing I was after. I do think that handicapping can work. It could just do without a joker like the 04 Vette slipping through the net...

Anyway, onwards to Midfield. 45 laps; each with that damn 'HELP, I CAN'T STOP!' approach to the final hairpin. That's going to be a real laugh if it rains.

Cheers, Zo.

Am I in with a chance of the trophy then? Do I need to clear a space ready for it? :dopey:

Finally, welcome back Paul
It was nice to be able to pop in. I didn't think I'd get through these long races uninterrupted and that was indeed the case. Now if it'd been three fifteen lap races I might have had a chance. But anyway it was good to get a few laps in with you.

The handicapping seemed to work quite well since I was at a similar pace to the drivers around me. I was even battling with Jammy, which is a rare treat in itself.
It might work better with shorter races at Willow since the cars might not get so strung out around the track. Without any barriers an off track incident there really is off track.

Hope you can make it to Midfield, where you'll have your pick of the motors.
I'll do my best. 👍 And any car!

Well fellas, I'm sorry to say that I think that was a pretty uneventful race for most. Congratulations to BB on becoming a two times winner, and sneaking up to within one point of Rich, who couldn't make it last night. And well done to Longbow, for sticking within about a third of a second of BB, per lap, on average across the hour.

I was pleased to see Suts up at second on the quali board for a while, and I thought, 'here we go!'...

And Jocke! The fastest carrot cutter in the land, lap record holder for quite a while, but in the end his wounds did for him. He's got the keys to the Viper (if he wants) for the next round, and we all know that he's fast when he puts his mind, and thumb, to it. Let's see what Autumn Ring brings, BB and Rich are both within striking distance.

Speaking of Autumn Ring... We may well see Jammy turning up in a sports car instead of his usual school-run saloon. Longbow has now become the active racer with the lowest (highest?) handicap and the Boss is, as we speak, in a container headed for that big place with the Mooses, where it's going to be resprayed, have a fur-lined interior fitted and do its best for LB.

Finally, what an epic battle for Harsk and me for about 35 of the 45 laps. I managed to get my nose ahead once, but it had been a bit of a lunge, and had to give it back :( Well done to Harsk for not making a single mistake with me right up your chuff; that was real fun.

Cheers fellas, Zo.

Last edited:
Thanks zo. Really enjoyed that and it did not feel like an hour long race at all. Had no room for error with longbow holding the gap most of the way through. Towards the end I got the gap to 15 seconds and backed off a little for the last couple of laps. Didn't want to throw it off after leading for an hour!

My fastest lap was only three tenths quicker than jocke with his cut thumb, great pace jocke.

I'm glad the rain stayed off, I'd have been a gonner.

On to the autumn ring!

I nearly made it. My PS3 was turned on and my Corvette's engine was running but a last moment "incident" meant I wouldn't have arrived until qualification had started! I didn't want you all restarting so I stayed away.

I'll try again for Autumn Ring, it might require something more nimble than a Corvette though.

How many hundreds of laps are you planning for there? :)

The Boss is, as we speak, in a container headed for that big place with the Mooses, where it's going to be resprayed, have a fur-lined interior fitted and do its best for LB.

I request faux-fur only please. :lol: I'm not looking forward to the Boss, in any case.

I was reasonably pleased with the result. I was pushing pretty hard for most of it, trying to minimise the gap, or at least pressure @buybon355 into a mistake. I likely should have pitted a lap or two earlier to undercut, but it probably wouldn't have made a difference, as he had the edge in pace. Very good work. After I made a slight error, I backed off a little for safety.

Last edited:
How many hundreds of laps are you planning for there? :)

Forty-two Paul. Not forty-two hundred, but just forty-two :)

I request faux-fur only please. :lol: I'm not looking forward to the Boss, in any case.

Faux, of course! I think you'll do okay with the Boss LB. Don't forget, Jammy managed second with it at Brands Hatch, phew.

I don't want to have to run the Mustang Boss in the final round... :nervous:

Come on Harsk. You can do it...

@Aaroh Come to Autumn race to get your handcup up and then it would interesting to see who want to/have to (top 4 drivers) run Maserati and Boss on final round :rolleyes:

That would be brilliant :)

Cheers, Zo.

Could you do the championship math for the title, please?

Don't take this so seriously. This series is most of all to have some fun with good friends.

I'm with Jammy on this Harsk.

There are a few problems with complying with your request. Firstly, you've used the word math. No, no, no, no, NO! If some nation wants to invent a language, let them make one up from scratch, not rape ours.

Secondly, there are two races to go, so the permutations are really numerous. I wouldn't want to get it wrong and lead you astray.

Thirdly, Jammy's right. It's not an FIA world championship, and shouldn't be taken too seriously. (Nor should language, but there you go.)

And, finally, but quite importantly, let's not forget that I made a serious mess of the handicapping, which has meant that he has used the Boss for about eight races so far. Anyone serious about winning the championship, rather than just scoring most points, should run it at least once. (But do bear in mind that I'm only saying that to hide my guilt over the mistake in the first place :))

And on to other things, I've discovered that the Alpha really does not like Autumn Ring, and it looks like I'll be joining the Vette posse for Tuesday. It's steering has nowhere near the feedback of the 8C, and it sounds a bit dull, but lap times do not lie. I've got one on order in that smashing 'Metallic Gunmetal 04'. Lovely 👍

Cheers, Zo.

I'm with Jammy on this Harsk.

There are a few problems with complying with your request. Firstly, you've used the word math. No, no, no, no, NO! If some nation wants to invent a language, let them make one up from scratch, not rape ours.

Secondly, there are two races to go, so the permutations are really numerous. I wouldn't want to get it wrong and lead you astray.

Thirdly, Jammy's right. It's not an FIA world championship, and shouldn't be taken too seriously. (Nor should language, but there you go.)

And, finally, but quite importantly, let's not forget that I made a serious mess of the handicapping, which has meant that he has used the Boss for about eight races so far. Anyone serious about winning the championship, rather than just scoring most points, should run it at least once. (But do bear in mind that I'm only saying that to hide my guilt over the mistake in the first place :))

Cheers, Zo.
Well, what I mean is that I'm trying to score the most points, however, without using the Boss in the final round. But by the way, I will see what I can do...

I've discovered that the Alpha really does not like Autumn Ring
The Alpha? Sounds like someone has invented a language there*. :mischievous:

What math would it take for me to win the trophy? If probably involves a quantum computer and string theory.

*That or the pesky spell checker.

But by the way, I will see what I can do...
That's always my philosophy Harsk. ;)

IMG_6666.JPG
Just played gt sport at the tag stand in basel. Amazing. This is a must buy.

I'm not sure Paul, but the pedals were superb compared to mine and the steering felt a bit better too. Think I may need to treat myself to a new wheel

Latest Posts

Back