Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
Watching the replay now.
On lap 2, the #28 fluo green is running 182km.h-1 after cutting "le raidillon de l'Eau-Rouge" and is slamming the throttle after going off limits at Blanchimont... just saying :)

edit: the green machine gets off limits at Pouhon as well without making way for the swedish M4 following close in pursuit like it was instructed in the pre-race briefing.
So yes, it is indeed a grand slam of violations for #28 on lap 2!!! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
First things first chaps. Green 28 has received a 100 second penalty for:

The two lunges inside Jammy within the first thirty seconds.
Countless violations of the white line rule, particularly at the last chicane.
Keeping throttle full on when drifting outside Blanchiwhatever whilst being chased by Jocke (who really was driving the M4 like he stole it!)
Finally, really irritating use of the horn.

This penalty places him in eighth place.

However, despite the above, what a brilliant race that was! Really good drive to second from stone last, by Gamer. Jammy got the Big Boss up into fourth, after launching it off the line like a missile! The scraps involving Harsk, Jocke and Longbow are fantastic to watch 👍.

The results, standings and next week's cars are updated chaps.

Speaking of next week, there is a distinct possibility that I will have to miss, unfortunately (I love big willow). Do I have a volunteer to host?

Keep up the good work fellas, Zo.

First things first chaps. Green 28 has received a 100 second penalty for:

The two lunges inside Jammy within the first thirty seconds.
Countless violations of the white line rule, particularly at the last chicane.
Keeping throttle full on when drifting outside Blanchiwhatever whilst being chased by Jocke (who really was driving the M4 like he stole it!)
Finally, really irritating use of the horn.

This penalty places him in eighth place.

However, despite the above, what a brilliant race that was! Really good drive to second from stone last, by Gamer. Jammy got the Big Boss up into fourth, after launching it off the line like a missile! The scraps involving Harsk, Jocke and Longbow are fantastic to watch 👍.

The results, standings and next week's cars are updated chaps.

Speaking of next week, there is a distinct possibility that I will have to miss, unfortunately (I love big willow). Do I have a volunteer to host?

Keep up the good work fellas, Zo.
Seventh and not eighth. :sly:

I could host the lobby in next tuesday, if you want to. 👍

Congrats to @Zolon32 for leading the race that long and @gkgamer for the amazing come back 👍

For my self it looks likes I'm definitely not a rain driver :confused: also I think I chose bad strategy by keeping my mandatory pit in case I broke the car. Anyway it is always fun to be in the race sorry next week I'm not home so I can't be we you guys :bowdown:

Seventh and not eighth. :sly:

Correct, sorry :dunce:

I could host the lobby in next tuesday, if you want to. 👍

Sorted, thanks.

mgo
Congrats to @Zolon32 for leading the race that long

Thanks Tom. I didn't think that my old brain could concentrate for that length of time, I must admit. When I watch the replay I look like I'm tootling round like a tortoise!

Cheers, Zo.

Was doing OK till I crashed and picked up damage, I pit to fix but then crashed again more damage ,this made a for a car that I couldn't keep under control on the full wet track .
Well done all that finished :bowdown:

Really good drive to second from stone last, by Gamer.

mgo
Congrats to @Zolon32 for leading the race that long and @gkgamer for the amazing come back 👍

Thanks guys for the shout out but my performance in Spa has nothing to do with skills.
It was all car.
The California was a blast in addition to being the fastest machine in the field.
I think that any of you would have got the win with it. I think even I may have been able to come up with a win with a better job in Q or a faster first 5 laps. Or had the race lasted for a couple more laps (5 at least I reckon).
Anyways kudos to everyone who rallied the checkered flag in one of those butt-heavy over-torquey muscle cars, that is much harder to do than a fast lap in a well-balanced Ferrari.
As for our Lusitanian mascot, I watched your whole race while feeding my kids and I admit it was good fun to watch.
For info I think you grand slammed the 3 warning points from the pre-race briefing on 15 laps out of the 25. In all honesty you also had 5 clean sheets (laps) at least on those 3 spots.
Although I understand that you are a fast driver and are not used to be challenged by many cars coming from behind in a race; the rules, and Zo please stop me if I'm wrong, are not made for the sole purpose of handling time penalties to the culprits but rather to give an idea to everyone of what's acceptable and what's out of line, when to keep going on for the reward of a good gambling/risk taking action and when to lift off because of an unfair gain or advantage.
Almost everybody during that race did break the rules at one point or another but with this bunch, if one does so, he will most certainly self-indulge a much harsher penalty than what he would be handled if the stewards had to enforce one. To me that is real racecraft when competing with friends. I love the fact that anyone in this group would feel cheap with an irregular advantage if it were to go unnoticed. In my opinion, that is racing spirit.
This is the thing I love the most while racing with you guys, it is this gentlemanly racecraft spirit second to none.
I am most certainly not sad I did **** work today at the office because I woke up early. In fact I am very happy about it.
Race ya all soon! cheers

I would definitely have struggled to hang on Gamer, my concentration was burning out my brain. I'm really frustrated because I look like I wasn't trying, but I thought I was right on the limit 99% of the time!

You've described the spirit of our Racers Reunited creed quite well I think, and long may it last. Good luck next week, if you can make it.

You're right @jammy21 , I recon Harsk might even have damaged you and himself in the first ten seconds. That could have been a record!

By the way chaps, 42 laps for Big Willow.

Cheers, Zo.

Comfort Soft and 100% wet it was like driving on the ice sometimes because if you go little bit over the tire's grip car just snap to oversteer and you'll spin. You just have to be very concentration whole time and hear/listen how tires whine. Tires get very cold and my goal was spin the wheels every save place to get some warm on them and get little bit more grip.
...I thought I was right on the limit 99% of the time!...

So, I came into the room thinking to use one of the ferraris but I knew I was 2s faster in the C7 corvette. (In the dry)!!
I chose the corvette and was making good ground until a few silly mistakes took me to last!

Again gained 2-3 places as the rain came. I was still making up ground but then decided to pit early. Big Mistake.
Corvette with cold CS tyres and 100% surface water was not good. Couldn't get the tyres warm despite spinning and braking aggressively on the straights. Then near the end it suddenly turned on me and I had to pit again for damage.

I don't deserve 6th as only got it due to others leaving but happy I got a better place than my last few races.

Hard work racing at Spa with 100% rain but it was worth it. It really tested what little skills I have!! More like this please Zo. And very well done for your win in the vantage as well as everyone else who raced...I can't even keep the other cars below the California facing straight in the dry!!

:cheers:

old habbits die hard eh!
I know that whatever I say here won't make a difference. Too many have already tried in the past to help change his ways and failed. Time and again it's always the same.

First though a bit of praise and admiration, Harsk you are the best defensive driver I have ever competed with. It's quite impossible to find a gap and squeeze by you. When you abide by the rules you are almost unbeatable. I have been impressed by this before, not just here at Spa. Even though I was faster you made your Corvette appear to be three times as wide. Good job. Expert defensive driving.

However, along with the praise follows some criticism. For all your defensive skills you have no idea what is and what isn't fair. You cost me and Longbow a lot of time by not yielding your position when going off track. The battles for position was exciting but it wasn't fair.

For info I think you grand slammed the 3 warning points from the pre-race briefing on 15 laps out of the 25.
Seems about right.

I wasn't going to raise the issue, wasn't looking for penalties and apologies, but I guess karma had it's way seeing as Zolon saw fit to hand out the 100 second time penalty. A fitting ruling in my opinion.

I love the fact that anyone in this group would feel cheap with an irregular advantage if it were to go unnoticed. In my opinion, that is racing spirit.
This is the thing I love the most while racing with you guys, it is this gentlemanly racecraft spirit second to none.
Amen to that. Very well said, gk.
Do I have a volunteer to host?
To be honest I would rather see you postpone it for a week, Zo. No harm done in extending the championship for an additional week. Wouldn't be the same if you weren't there. Just one mans opinion.

Great 2nd place, gk. It wasn't just the car, you drove really good. I let you past to see if I could keep up with you and slip by Harsk that way but it didn't work. The spray made it tremendously difficult to see anything. Also thumbs up to Jammy in fourth, always lurking in my mirrors and I knew that if I made any mistake he would be right there to take advantage.

Onwards and upwards.

To be honest I would rather see you postpone it for a week, Zo.
a wee break won't do any harm
I backup Jocke and BB for postbone one week.

@Harsk100 @pretend racer @LongbowX @Sutsagrd @gkgamer @mgo @tarnheld @richroo @Aaroh @CrazyJohn @IfAndOr @John Wells

Okay fellas, I'm very happy to do that, with BB, Tom and myself guaranteed to be missing, it could be a low turnout anyway.

See you all in the dustbowl in eleven days then! (Plenty of time to practice, should be some really speedy performances.)

Cheers, Zo.

sorry for the late reply, but after a few life troubles, and a sick wife, this week I'll join in full force. expect me to be one of the firsts there :gtpflag:

Hi Liium. Sorry to hear that things have not been going too well, but it will be nice to have you with us for any races you can get to 👍

Please note that we are having a break this coming Tuesday, 7th March, and back with the Big Willow race on 14th March. If you can join us then you have the choice of car No 6 (The Vantage) or any below that in the list.

I hope you can make it.

Cheers, Zo.

Remember this?

1 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Well, my meteorologist tells me that the track will probably dry out pretty quickly at Big Willow. It's going to be hot and dusty.

Will Harsk get the right day?

Will Aaroh turn up and give the Maserati a run out?

How will Lilium go in the Vantage?

Will I ever make up my mind between the 8C and the Vette?

Which car will Suts choose?

So many questions, and only one way to find the answers. See you out in the desert folks. Bring your hydration packs.

Cheers, Zo.

I think that the DB9, Mustang and Maserati are slow, so, I will keep using the Corvette. I just hope that I can stay on the fight for the title today without forcing too much the podium...

my apologies to all. it seems everytime the race was started, i would lost connection to the servers.

Hopefully, next week will be better

Words cannot describe how much I apologise for my botched start. The grid is extra tight there, so the consequences were massive. There was someone vacuuming nearby and it really bamboozled me for some reason. Otherwise I would have made a better decision after I had the penalty. So, let me say sorry to you all once more. That was truly reprehensible.

Back