Racers Reunited, Thanks chaps, Target 84 is over for now. Good racing with you, cheers!

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 207 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to my latest concoction aimed at tightening the pack and bringing close racing to all.

The 'Target 84' of the title refers to the fact that the person who is leading the series runs his (or her) car at 84% on the power limiter. The person in 2nd runs at 86%, 3rd at 88% etc.

The means by which the order in the series is determined is through average finishing position in all of the series races any particular driver has competed in, ie, someone who comes 3rd in one race, 5th in another and then 4th in another has finished in an average position of 4. Someone who did the same races and came 1st, 4th and 6th would have an average finish position of 3.66, and so would be ahead of that first person. Sufficiently confused? :)

So, on to the vehicles, all of which will be stock (oil change allowed) and on C/S tyres:

Cheers Zo.

Last edited:
Reserved for signups, results, standings and the odd sarcastic comment.

Signups:

Suts, No 88.
Paul, No 8.
BB, No 77.
Zolon, No 32.

RESULTS FROM ROCKET RACEWAY:
Race 1: 1 Zolon: 2 BB: 3 Suts: 4 Paul: 5 Jocke: 6 Rob

Race 2: 1 Zolon: 2 Jocke: 3 Suts: 4 BB: 5 Paul: 6 Rob

Race 3: 1 Paul: 2 Suts: 3 Zolon: 4 Jocke: 5 BB (Rob DNF)

RESULTS FROM CRAWFIELD:
Race 1: 1 Blue: 2 Paul: 3 BB: 4 Zolon: 5 Rob.

Race 2: 1 BB: 2 Blue: 3 Zolon: 4 Paul

RESULTS FROM DINGLEY DELL:
Race 1: 1 Goofy: 2 Paul: 3 Zolon: 4 Jocke: 5 BB: 6 Patrick: 7 Tarn: 8 Rob.

Race 2: 1 Zolon: 2 BB: 3 Tarn: 4 Jocke: 5 Patrick: 6 Paul: 7 Goofy: 8 Rob.

Race 3: 1 Goofy: 2 Paul: 3 Zolon: 4 Patrick: 5 Tarn: 6 BB: 7 Jocke: 8 Rob.

RESULTS FROM THE EVIL JUDY
Race 1: 1 Zolon: 2 Suts: 3 Paul: 4 Tarn: 5 Jocke. Goofy DNF

Race 2: 1 Zolon: 2 Goofy: 3 Jocke: 4 Suts: 5 Tarn: 6 Paul: 7 Rob

Race 3: 1 Paul: 2 Zolon: 3 Jocke: 4 Tarn: 5 Suts: 6 Goofy: 7 Rob

RESULTS FROM FIGARO OPERA
Race 1: 1 Zolon: 2 Tarn: 3 Suts: 4 Goofy: 5 Paul.

Race 2: 1 Goofy: 2 Tarn: 3 Zolon: 4 Suts: 5 Paul.

Race 3: 1 Goofy: 2 Paul: 3 Zolon: 4 Suts: 5 Tarn.

RESULTS FROM LIME ROCK

Race 1: 1 Rob: 2 Goofy: 3 Jocke: 4 Sir Suti: 5 Zolon: 6 Tarn: 7 Paul: 8 Suts

Race 2: 1 Rob: 2 Goofy: 3 Tarn: 4 Zolon: 5 Sir Suti: 6 Suts: 7 Paul: 8 Jocke

Race 3: 1 Goofy: 2 Paul: 3 Tarn: 4 Jocke: 5 Sir Suti: 6 Suts: 7 Zolon: 8 Rob

RESULTS FROM CIRCUIT SANS NOM

Quali: 1 Zolon: 2 Suts: 3 Paul: 4 BB: 5 Goofy: 6 Tarn: 7 Sir Suti: 8 Jocke

Race 1: 1 Zolon: 2 Goofy: 3 Suts: 4 BB: 5 Tarn: 6 Sir Suti: 7 Jocke: 8 Paul

Race 2: 1 Paul: 2 Goofy: 3 Suts: 4 Zolon: 5 BB: 6 Tarn: 7 Sir Suti: 8 Jocke

RESULTS FROM VIKING MOTOR PARK ENKOPING
Quali: 1 Zolon: 2 Goofy: 3 BB: 4 Sir Suti: 5 Zeus: 6 Suts: 7 Jocke: 8 Paul: 9 Tarn.

Race 1: 1 Paul: 2 Zolon: 3 Zeus: 4 Suts: 5 BB: 6 Goofy: 7 Sir Suti: 8 Tarn: 9 Jocke.

Race 2: 1 Jocke: 2 Suts: 3 BB: 4 Tarn: 5 Zolon: 6 Sir Suti: 7 Paul: 8 Goofy: 9 Zeus

RESULTS FROM JOCKE'S BONKERS MOTOYAMA SPEEDWAY

Quali: 1 Paul: 2 Zolon: 3 Jocke: 4 Sir Suti: 5 Zeus: 6 BB: 7 Gamer: 8 Goofy: 9 Tarn: 10 Rob

Race 1: 1 Jocke: 2 Paul: 3 BB: 4 Gamer: 5 Zolon: 6 Goofy: 7 Tarn: 8 Sir Suti: 9 Zeus: 10 Rob

Race 2: 1 Zolon: 2 Goofy: 3 Zeus: 4 BB: 5 Paul: 6 Jocke: 7 Sir Suti

RESULTS FROM WEEEEE!
Quali: 1 Zeus: 2 Zolon: 3 Jocke: 4 Suts: 5 Paul.

The Race! 1 Zolon: 2 Jocke: 3 Suts: 4 Zeus: 5 Paul.

This leaves us with the final standings (With average finish position)

1: Zolon (2.63)

2: Goofy (3.50)

3: BB (3.82)

4: Suts (3.85)

5: Paul (4.07)

6: Jocke (4.65)

7 Zeus (4.75)

8: Tarn (5.15)

9: Sir Suti (5.83)

10: Rob (6.23)

Those who also competed at some of the meetings were:

1 Blue (1.50) 2 races.

2 Patrick (5.00) 3 races.

3 Gamer (5.50) 2 races.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, and especially to those who turned out week after week; I hope that was a sign that people enjoyed it.

Onwards and upwards to Paul's Rockets, I'm loving it already!

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Zo

This sounds great. I might actually have a chance of being around middle of the pack!

However I'm sure you've realised the dates you've given are Wednesdays and not Tuesdays?!?

Commencing Tuesday 9th March.
Tuesday is the 8th?!?:odd::confused:

I can definitely do 3 out of the 5 races whichever day it is, so count me in as a reserve.
#88 and you know my psn name.
:cheers:

77 for me please. I'd like to nominate crawfield for my track. Found in signature, thanks to Paul four helping out with that

we'll be racing it at Paul's Rocket Raceway, a belting circuit ideal for this little animal, its ridiculously low gearing is really not a problem there
Not sure on what tyre wear you're going with Zo, but I'm getting 2.09's in arcade mode at the moment around Rocket Raceway. There's chance of some slight improvement.

The track was designed around the LCC Rocket so there's not really any flat out sections. You may just hit the rev limiter briefly at the end of the pit straight but then it's time to brake for the chicane.

I remember Crawfield @buybon355 that's the one with the "kink" if I'm correct. Or was it a wiggle? :)

It's a shame we can't keep more tracks, 30 is not a lot to try other peoples if you are also creating your own. There's always the free run option I suppose.
Feel free to try any in my signature also.

Yes the wiggle, or wee shimmy as we affectionately called it that night. May be past the 2 minute mark, haven't driven it in a while so can't remember, but will give it a go soon.

May be past the 2 minute mark

please limit tracks to those which can be lapped in the NSX on C/S in less than two minutes ten seconds

No use in having rules if you can't bend them BB ;)

Not sure on what tyre wear you're going with Zo

I'll opt for normal I imagine. Rocket Raceway is certainly a circuit that won't present problems as far as learning it are concerned, and it's in anyway, so won't be a part of the voting procedure. Feel free to nominate another one yourself Paul, if you fancy.

Cheers, Zo.

I should have said my 2.09 was in the un-tuned Rocket. The NSX would probably be be a little less.

If you want a quick circuit Zo my Dingley Dell would suit the bill. I think you've tried it previously. Another one that's easy to learn hard to master.

Last edited:
So we all race at 100% tonight? How many races? Then next week we drop to 84% or whatever and stick with that for the whole meeting? Have I picked this up right? Sorry feels like lots of questions

So we all race at 100% tonight? How many races? Then next week we drop to 84% or whatever and stick with that for the whole meeting? Have I picked this up right? Sorry feels like lots of questions

It's fair enough BB, I didn't cover it comprehensively in the first post, mainly because I didn't want to throw too much detail in and make it unreadable.

We're going to do the first race at 100%, but the handicap will kick in for the second and third races. I'm aiming to make them each 15-20 minutes long. The handicap from race three will carry over to next week, with anyone new starting on 90%.

Cheers, Zo. (here's hoping for a decent turnout, the Rocket is a truly brilliant car)

the Rocket is a truly brilliant car
It is my new favourite car*. If the interior view included the mirrors it would perfect.

I've started designing courses just for it and it's gearbox! A few more and I'll have a series worth. :)
Try it out on this wee one. ;)

And yes let's hope for a good turnout. Perhaps Zo you could mention on the main RR thread, there might be some who've missed this new one.

*For a couple of weeks anyway.

Had a little spin this afternoon, I can't believe how good this car/track combo is, were in for a real treat tonight, woohooo!

Cheers, Zo.

EDIT: Room now open fellas, I'll be along around 8ish.

Last edited:
I won't make 8 but hoping to be there by 830 just.
Hoping not to miss this but please start if you guys are ready to go.
:cheers:

That was good fun tonight. Lowering the power did seem to even the pack up a bit, even though I somehow managed a quicker time at 90% than I did at 100%

Had a go in the nsx at my crawfield track, that car is great in stock form, gears fit nicely for all the corners, and I was lapping in 2 minutes flat in free run mode.

I like the look of that lime rock park you've suggested rob, I'll have a crack at that on Thursday when I'm next online for jockes ooe cup.

Great evenings racing yesterday and my internet was good enough to let take part in the second race! Sorry for blocking your line when you lapped me @IfAndOr! Also, the track we raced on last night was awesome as well!

Grrr work stuff now means I'll have to miss next week, was looking forward to the nsx too. Bummer. I'll catch up the week after

Grrr work stuff now means I'll have to miss next week

Bad news BB. If there is a very small turnout we could possibly do something else and postpone Target 84 for a week anyway. We'll just see who turns up. It looks like it's going to be Crawfield.

Results posted chaps, by the way.

Cheers, Zo.

If we could stall for a week to use the NSX at crawfield, that would be great. Car feels great on that track, be a shame to miss out on it.

Format with the dropping of power seems to really work - good call Zo

That seems to have fixed it.

Thanks Paul, it is Judy. No good reason for the name, just hadn't heard of a race track called Judy before.

If we could stall for a week to use the NSX at crawfield, that would be great

That we'll do then BB, I'm sure I can come up with something to entertain us on Tuesday ;)

Cheers Zo.

just hadn't heard of a race track called Judy before.
I don't think it's too common. :)

I'm sure I can come up with something to entertain us on Tuesday
Since we've just ran them, how about the Rockets again. They are entertaining little things. And Tarn's back this week (hopefully).
At just over a minute a lap my Shortun track might be good for some fun. Perhaps with a public room?

Last edited:
Since we've just ran them, how about the Rockets again. They are entertaining little things. And Tarn's back this week (hopefully).
At just over a minute a lap my Shotun track might be good for some fun. Perhaps with a public room?

Sounds good to me, I can't get enough of the mental little nutter!

Cheers, Zo.

Back