Turbo_snail WINS!! 2014 RACE Volkswagen Battle At The Beach Presented By DunlopFinished 

United States
Divided States of America
MikuHime80

image-jpg.107876
RACE's Volkswagen Battle At The Beach
DATE: Race: Friday, February 14th

Hello! Do you like Volkswagens? Do you like Daytona? Do you like racing an elite lineup of GTP's best? Well, then this is the place for you! There's a few simple things to go over, however, before you get out on the track.

1. The Classes
There are two classes for The Battle At The Beach. The Sciroccos, and the Golfs. They are both the RM'd versions. :
Volkswagen Golf Touring Car 2001
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model 2008

2. The Specs
Both cars are going to be bone stock. No oil changes oil changes allowed, no tuning. Absolutely stock. We will also be using racing soft tires. The only thing different on these cars, will be paint.

3. Multi Class Etiquette
The Sciroccos are faster than the Golfs. When the Sciroccos approach the Golfs, the Golfs are advised to give the Sciroccos racing room and let the Sciroccos pass. Severe Infractions of this will lead to a time penalty.

4. Safety Cars
Should an accident occur that could effect the racing, a caution will be thrown and the Safety Car will pick up the leader. The Scirocco class will line up Double File behind the Safety Car, and the Golfs will line up Double File behind the Scirocco class. The Safety Car will also show up during the pace laps.

5. Red Flags
If a major accident occurs, a red flag will be thrown. The Safety Car will come to a stop, and the field will halt behind it. This will continue Until the field regroups, and all drivers are ready. We will the. Transition to a Safety Car Period.
6. Pit Stops
Should you need to take a pit stop, you shall enter smoothly into the pits. Preferably being on the apron, slowing down at the exit of NASCAR Turn 4.
7. Safety Car
The driver of the Safety Car will pace the field at 70-75mph at all times. When going green, the Safety Car will pull off on the back straight, opposite the bus stop. This is denoted in the track map. The leader of the pack is then in charge of keeping the field at 75mph until hitting the restart lines.
8. Race Length and Details
The race will be 80 laps, or about 200 miles. There will be a grouped qualification lasting for 10 min. The race start will be at TBA track time. The time acceleration will have the in game day progress, ending the race at night.
9. Track Map
race-battle-at-the-beach-track-map-png.107879

10. Post Race
There will be an extra lap after the race, in game it will be the final lap. However that is not the case. The race is complete on the next to last lap. This means the Scirocco Class will slow down and stop off track, and allow the Golfs to finish. Then the drivers will parade around in their finishing order and cross the line.
11. Registration and Current Driver List
You can sign up to race here Sign ups are now closed.
Safety Car:
Pending...
(4 Spots Left!!) Scirocco:
@nascarfan1400 - #15, Red Bull
@GTracer98 - #72, Order of Racedrivers
@ITCC_Andrew - #51, Need Less Grip Racing
(4 Spots Left!!) Golf:
@Turbo_snail - #97, Team Australia
@rallymorten - #95, Dunlop Motorsport
@Ph1sher - #39, Viva La Turtles
@spiraldave #43, AMS Motorsport

Good luck, and Have Fun!
Check out RACE!

Last edited:
Would like to sign up of course at my favorite track going with the Golfs and team name - Viva La Turtles

Going to get a few guys to join this

Would like to sign up of course at my favorite track going with the Golfs and team name - Viva La Turtles

Going to get a few guys to join this
Good to hear! Add you to OP in a few! :)

If you could, please sign up via the link in OP.

I wouldn't recommend having the cars double file during the Safety Cars until the race is about to go back to green. Takes up a lot more track space and makes overtaking (for the slower/faster classes) difficult.

I wouldn't recommend having the cars double file during the Safety Cars until the race is about to go back to green. Takes up a lot more track space and makes overtaking (for the slower/faster classes) difficult.
Then perhaps Golfs on outside and Scirocco on inside and stay single-file until the 1-to-go signal?

I have a room up for a little practice session just to get my first couple of laps in.. Room Number: 1472-6118-4130-9223-1984

Is the race going to be with time change or no?

I have a room up for a little practice session just to get my first couple of laps in.. Room Number: 1472-6118-4130-9223-1984

Is the race going to be with time change or no?
Yes, it says in OP that it starts in the morning and ends at night.

Well, it has been brought to my attention by @Ph1sher, that some things might not work. And some things in the OP were, erm, overlooked :lol:

To start the drivers meeting early, you will all be invited to a conversation upon signing up, allowing for private driver discussion.

Back