RACE - RAcing Community Evolved - The Place To RaceOpen 

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
RACE logo midsize.png

Welcome to the headquarters of RACE!

Although just recently gone official, it's RACE's vision to provide :gtplanet: users from every corner of the world with spectacular racing of any imaginable kind. While we do host most of our events ourselves, independent racing series and club/league owners are welcomed to join the fun. The more the merrier!

About RACE

RACE started life in late 2013 inside the head of a GTP user. Since the first strike of a thought, the idea has evolved into the product you see here. A group of dedicated racers aiming to bring you some of the best and most varied racing available in the world of Gran Turismo.

The RACE Vision

RACE is a very young organisation, but we're continuously doing our best at improving where we can. Our goal is not to put other organisations to an end, but to provide a good and fun experience for GT-newcomers as well as seasoned veterans.

While the current lineup of events may not seem that excessive, you have to remember that RACE has just recently been realised. Our goal in the first few months will as of such be to provide a stable ground on which we can expand.

Behaving in public spaces/online rooms

The :gtplanet: OLR apply to all events of this organisation, unless otherwise is noted in the specific thread.

You may NOT use bad language while in public spaces*. This includes the online rooms in which our events take place, as well as on :gtplanet: and other publicly available spaces. If you are found guilty of this, you will, with immediate effect, be banned from RACE and all events.

*You may, in a positive tone, say "I drove like an idiot today" or "That was a slightly idiotic move you did on lap 3". Calling other people an idiot or anything similar in a negative tone, e.g. "🤬 you, you 🤬 🤬" is NOT accepted!

RACE license

The license system is currently being updated. Check back soon!

RACE moderators
The RACE moderators are the main source of RACE events, and they have the final saying on everything related to RACE. These are the guys to contact regarding any questions or queries you might have. They are also taking notice of your behaviour here and anywhere else, and they must be treated with the same respect as you would treat a police officer, or you may not stand big chances of making a name for yourself in RACE.

What follows is a list of current RACE moderators:

@rallymorten - Founder and Director
@GTracer98 - Co-founder and Co-director
@nascarfan1400 - Co-founder and Co-director
@Turbo_snail - Co-operator

Current RACE Events

RACE offers a variety of different events, from fun-based, entry-level one-make-knockout races to serious competition in multi-race championships of various kinds.

upload_2014-11-9_16-12-27.png

Event/Series name: Grand Prix Legends
Event type: Championship
Day/date: Saturday

NR2003 banner.png

Event/Series name: RACE 2014 GTPlanet NR2003 Fantasy Series
Day/date: None**

RACE Porsche Cup teaser 1 mini.jpg

Event/Series name: RACE Porsche Cup
Day/date: None**

* Bi-weekly
** This event has no specific day attached to it

More RACE

RACE weebly.png

RACE facebook.png

OP/RACE update log
  • November 20, 2014 @ 12:58 GMT - More RACE section updated!
  • November 9, 2014 @ 15:16 GMT - Minor maintenance thingies done, preparation for new, awesome stuff going on
  • November 6, 2014 @ 8:15 GMT - Long over-due update to racing series, including addition of GPL, removing of outdated series and removal of "Past RACE Events". "More RACE" is also undergoing update/maintenance. ITCC_Andrew has also been removed from the moderation group, with possible replacements in mind.
  • June 3, 2014 @ 16:01 GMT - Added NR2003 Fantasy Series to the lineup!
  • May 28, 2014 @ 11:50 GMT - Overhauled the racing series on offer
  • March 21, 2014 @ 6:58 GMT - Included link to the newly-created RACE Facebook page (yay, we're now on two sites!)
  • February 23. 2014 @ 15:03 GMT - Minor adjustments made to the "Current RACE events"
  • February 18, 2014 @ 13:25 GMT - Major update, included "Past RACE events" and removed licenses (will return later)
  • January 31, 2014 @ 9:57 GMT - Added Volkswagen Battle Of The Beach to the event lineup
  • January 27, 2014 @ 8:56 GMT - Added ITCC as series and made some minor changes
  • January 26, 2014 @ 17:00 GMT - The RACE OP was officially launched!

Last edited:
Hello RACErs!

I'm Andrew, one of the RACE Moderators, and Series Director of the RACE International Touring Car Championship.

I'll be helping to run the Sanctioning, organize the series and expand our new and exciting club into one of the greatest groups ever in Gran Turismo history!

I thought I'd just take this opportunity to introduce myself and remind everyone that you can start a GTPlanet conversation with any of us regarding anything.

No question is "stupid," because we're here to help everyone.

:cheers: :),

Andrew G.

Wow, really impressive layout and being organized, much better than the new leagues being created these days 👍

What days are you planning on Racing?

Hello, I am Ciro!

As my fellow organisers, I'm also very open to questions and help about mostly anything. My best areas are rally, endurance, GT, touring and formula racing. :)

I'm glad to give racers hopefully the best experience yet!

Wow, really impressive layout and being organized, much better than the new leagues being created these days 👍

Whenever :lol:
There's the Matterhorn 90 in the OP, and ITCC, Which is on Saturdays.

Currently, ITCC is running on Saturdays, and Morten's Matterhorn endurance is also going to be Sat. Feb. 15th.

However, we plan on creating one series for every moderator. They will most likely be on different days, so there will be something to fit even the busiest of schedules.

On a side note, I really like the ideas we've come up with over the past months, and I'm excited to see them when the time comes to announce them.

👍

Edit: ITCC ends much earlier than TURTLE, I believe. We race at 3:30 PM EST approximately.

Well, there's no need to register for RACE itself (your licenses will automatically upgrade if you enter enough events. So there's no driving 100 races just to find out you didn't register), but feel free to check out the events at offer. Small number for now, but the plans are to offer quality>quantity 👍

Of all of your surprisingly decent ideas, you chose the one that I found the weirdest?

I might actually join that, regardless.

Back