Races won’t load

Australia
Australia
I only play Gran Turismo 4 and have recently been getting red spinning rev counter loading screens that just never seem to load. This only seems to happen with the red coloured ones but the white ones are completely fine. I play on a PS2 (Fat type) and was wondering if it was a game issue or a console issue. I have looked everywhere and there are no forums on it and no advice on how to fix it. Help?

This only seems to happen with the red coloured ones but the white ones are completely fine.
That's because the red ones literally mean there's an error - usually a disc-read error caused by either a dirty disc or lens, or the famous "PS2 disc read error"; that usually means you need to adjust the lens or replace it.

Last edited:
L
That's because the red ones literally mean there's an error - usually a disc-read error caused by either a dirty disc or lens, or the famous "PS2 disc read error"; that usually means you need to adjust the lens or replace it.
Could a new disc fix this? I have 2 fat PS2s and I have tried this copy and both give this so it obviously isn’t a problem with the console itself so should I look for a copy of the game online which has less damage than my current one? Thanks

I have 2 fat PS2s and I have tried this copy and both give this so it obviously isn’t a problem with the console itself
That's not necessarily the case, but I would certainly suggest trying a different disc first. Fortunately, copies of GT4 aren't exactly scarce and highly valued!

That's not necessarily the case, but I would certainly suggest trying a different disc first. Fortunately, copies of GT4 aren't exactly scarce and highly valued!
Recently received a new disk for GT4 and it seemed to be working perfect for about a day until I did a race and when I finished it, I got the red spinning wheel again. I have checked to see if the memory card was full but it has 6000kb left on it and I also tried putting the disk into my other PS2 but that PS2 is broken and the game stayed on the copyright information screen for like half an hour so I just gave up on that. What do I do with the red wheel now. (Since the arrival of the new game I have taken extreme care to not scratch it whilst putting it into the PlayStation or scratch it whilst taking it out. It came with a few tiny scratches but it was in much better condition than my other disk.)

Back