Racing alone bug/glitch

I’m experiencing a glitch when I race in Sport Mode. At the start of the race the opponents cars are at a standstill and I just past them. When the countdown starts I start racing but I’m racing alone, no opponents. None of the other racers show that they are connected to the network. When I complete a lap, the cars are still parked on the grid. I can finish the race with a time and perfect SR rating. I seem to place based on the overall lap times I put in, but sometimes I gain places or lose places. Anyone have a similar experience and know the cause or fix for this glitch? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seeing as this seems to be a Sport Mode related issue, try the connection test before you enter a race. Other people have tried it and it has stopped them from being disconnected. It's worth a shot at least.

Seeing as this seems to be a Sport Mode related issue, try the connection test before you enter a race. Other people have tried it and it has stopped them from being disconnected. It's worth a shot at least.
When you say “test”, you mean the network/internet test in the PS4 menu or is there something in the game?

I had the exact same issue in Sport Mode. I thought at first that it might be my ISP messing up some ports, but races/meet-ups in Open Lobbies work just fine. Why this glitch occurs?

I had the exact same issue in Sport Mode. I thought at first that it might be my ISP messing up some ports, but races/meet-ups in Open Lobbies work just fine. Why this glitch occurs?
I don’t mind racing alone, but it gets boring and I don’t seem to be as fast. Hopefully, now that the weekly races have changed, I won’t have this problem. I’m hoping that someone offers a solution and reason for this glitch. I wonder what it looks like to the other racers? Are we just ghosts or parked at the side of the track?

No, but it fixed itself. I'm thinking that at the time, I had issues with my internet upload speed. When I checked, it was running a 0 kb/s and maybe a little faster. Just guessing...check your upload speed?

Hello.

Same problem over here in Switzerland. I'm the only one who is racing. All other cars are standing on the grid. It looks like I'm a ghost for all the other drivers.

Any news right now?

Back