Racing Master from NetEase and Codemasters

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
https://www.neteasegames.com/m/news/game/20210312/30576_936359.html

Sounds interesting, the trailer has hints of some decent driving physics and a look at some customisation. The Codemasters Tweet suggests other platforms to come.

"Racing Master is a real-time simulation racing game. Developed using the Unreal 4 engine and Codemasters’ proprietary EGO technology, players will experience intense, authentic racing with precision-engineered vehicles. Players have access to hundreds of hyper-realistic cars from brands including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Koenigsegg, and Aston Martin. Race against other players in cities around the world to become a racing champion.

Steeped in automotive culture, Racing Master allows players to race, tune and build their ultimate car collection. Customise vehicles with real-world parts from leading manufacturers and set the handling from casual to simulation for maximum control. With both tilt and touch options, Racing Master is the definitive racing experience, fully optimized across every platform."

Tagging @GTPNewsWire :)

Full press release: https://www.neteasegames.com/news/game/20210312/30576_936359.html

f67f6830-fcf6-4c5d-9175-6b2119056320.png

FYI I only know what's been announced regarding this (ie: the above link), as I'm the DiRT Rally guy ;)

Last edited:
Based on how its described, this is an incredibly interesting title - Sounds like a remake of Driveclub and/or Project Gotham Racing. On mobile platforms, it could really go toe-to-toe with Real Racing 3 and be a massive hit if the monetization isn't too aggressive.

However, this would be far more appealing to me as a Console/PC game. I suppose that's the plan with the "other platforms to follow" wording, but it would be nice to have it confirmed sooner rather than later! :)

What does real-time simulation mean?

No VR news ..... so far.

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out myself.

Last edited:
Why the hell is an M8 GTE racing against supercars? This just sounds like another garbage F2P title thats gonna be rammed full of MTs as is standard practice with mobile games.

Can't help but be seriously skeptical of this game.

- Development team, DaHua Studios, has no history I can fall back on. NetEase, the owning company, has no racing games in its portfolio, either.
- It's a simulation racing game and that trailer is how they showcase it? Either the statement or the trailer is false.
- Major new racing game, with prestigious brands. First platforms announced: iOS and Android... that's a red flag (well, at least for those who don't play on mobile due to the limitations of those platforms).
- Very buzzword intensive marketing. Not necessarily a red flag, in itself, but considering the already above mentioned points...

Also, this:

tempsnip.png

AWW...
:D

First gameplay footage released:

It's not what I would consider a simulation, but it has the basis of a solid arcade handling model with a weighty feel. Reminds me of GRID Autosport.

Last edited:
That's actually not so bad. Looks like GRID assets being used but I'm not surprised. I really like how they did the gas pedal, never seen that before.

First gameplay footage released:

It's not what I would consider a simulation, but it has the basis of a solid arcade handling model with a weighty feel. Reminds me of GRID Autosport.

I've definitley seen worse. Looks fun. Be interested to know if it will support gamepads and higher refresh rates on mobile.

This really does look good for a mobile game. Hopefully they are planning a switch version after the android/ios versions. That would really make a good addition to the racing games on switch.

It's interesting how they're making you buy decals to put on your cars. I can't really think of any other car game (mobile or console) that copy this (except for Midnight Club).

It's interesting how they're making you buy decals to put on your cars. I can't really think of any other car game (mobile or console) that copy this (except for Midnight Club).

It's an EA/Codemasters mobile game, so you can bet every aspect of it is going to be nickel and dimed to death :lol: NFS No Limits makes you pay to change ride height/camber, I'd expect this to be similar or worse.

Looks good, gives me Driveclub/PGR vibes but I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

It's an EA/Codemasters mobile game, so you can bet every aspect of it is going to be nickel and dimed to death :lol: NFS No Limits makes you pay to change ride height/camber, I'd expect this to be similar or worse.

Looks good, gives me Driveclub/PGR vibes but I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Pretty standard practice for any F2P mobile game really.

Back