Racing Modification Question

• Thread starter Dreamaker
  • 9 comments
IIRC, it's possible, but you'd have to do some Action Replay magic after buying the Racing Modification for a car to change its body back to the stock one (if that's what you're after)

Don't exactly know how that works, haven't tried it myself.

If you meant getting a Race Mod body but without a livery tho, then that would require texture editing.

Last edited:
That would change the body to the non-racing modified body while keeping the downforce settings that the race body provides. To have the racing body but a plain texture woudl require modding the games files to add a plain livery to each car you wanted to have a plain race mod livery for.

That would change the body to the non-racing modified body while keeping the downforce settings that the race body provides. To have the racing body but a plain texture woudl require modding the games files to add a plain livery to each car you wanted to have a plain race mod livery for.
That would be the best option '-'

The Racing Modification flag is tied to the upgrade stage/body. Therefore you can't do what you're asking for unless you're removing the decals off the texture (assuming you want to keep the RM bodykit) or replacing the RM body with the stock one, but you lose the editable downforce aspect. Don't remember if the downforce setting is tied to the RM or not. Could potentially have settable downforce provided you change the min/max values in the stock body...

I'm really enjoying the responses, the community is very helpful.

I've been a fan of Gran Turismo for a long time, I just decided to research mods.

Could someone tell me a video or tutorial where I can remove these textures?

Last edited:
Unfortuantely I don't think there's a quick and simple way to create custom liveries in GT2 that would remove the declas. It is very much possible, but it's quite a complex process from what I can gather. It's not sometihng I've personally done, my modding is mostly around GT5 and 6, GT2 is much harder to work on, for me at least.

Removing decals would mean literally repainting the car. Decals aren't simply overlays on top of the main body texture, back in those days. There are some rare cases where it's almost that, mostly woth GT1 models, but otherwise it's pixel art work.

That's not how this works, most of the time sadly. More often than not, RMs have differently sized textured bits, rearranged parts, all to fit the additional stuff.
This could work only on a dozen or so cars.

Back