Racing Series for the TimeZonally ChallengedOpen 

• Thread starter rambo793
  • 1 comments
India
Mumbai,India
rambo793
Hi, the name's Sean. :)

I bought GT5 a few months after release. After I discovered the online scene, I absolutely fell in love with it; it was my first simulator, and online racing (with civilised, disciplined people) was a blast. Sadly, it was short lived, I resided in the middle-east then, and moved to India, my place of origin, a couple of years back.

Throughout Gran Turismo 5's lifetime, I've tried exhaustively to find a league I could fit into, with disciplined, mature drivers, and regular, intense racing. The problem is, majority of the leagues and races conducted on GTP are predominantly done by those of American, Australian or European Nationalities. This poses a big problem, due to the massive time difference ( India is GMT +5.30 ). Not that I haven't tried. Tried a few leagues and ended up racing at 12-1 p.m, which just wasn't possible always. I never returned to those leagues sadly.

Now that Gran Turismo 6 is out, I finally decided to take the initiative, to start my own racing league. I'm looking for people in the same time-zone or nearby, or anywhere else for that matter as long as you're comfortable :).

Nothing fancy, we race every Sunday in pre-decided cars and tracks for half an hour or so. Enough for those out there like me, to get their fix of online racing amidst heavy schedules and Timezones.

Here's a list of particulars.

1. Races will be held EVERY SUNDAY at 13:30 GMT.

2. Each race shall begin with a qualifier before start.

3. The cars and tracks for each race will be pre-determined.

4. The winner of each tournament gains the right to choose the cars and tracks for the next race beside earning the pride and glory.

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY, any sort of dirty tactics and racing will NOT be tolerated and will result in a ban from the League. Respect everyone's space, a few bumps and knocks are alright, we all screw up, long as you fight for your space in a civilized manner. Besides, strict regulations will be set ON during the race.

6. No aids are allowed except for ABS.

7. How to Subscribe? Simple, simply post your PSN in the comments below. For obvious reasons, subscriptions will be closed during a tournament.

Based on the response this receives over the next few days, I shall lay down particulars for out first ever tournament. So if you're interested, please let me know in the comments below.

Also, feel free to leave behind any questions whatsoever. :)

Last edited:
Back