The League for the TimeZonally Challenged - This Sunday Race Registrations open |Open 

• Thread starter rambo793
  • 61 comments
India
Mumbai,India
rambo793
Hi, the name's Sean. :)

I bought GT5 a few months after release. After I discovered the online scene, I absolutely fell in love with it; it was my first simulator, and online racing (with civilised, disciplined people) was a blast. Sadly, it was short lived, I resided in the middle-east then, and moved to India, my place of origin, a couple of years back.

Throughout Gran Turismo 5's lifetime, I've tried exhaustively to find a league I could fit into, with disciplined, mature drivers, and regular, intense racing. The problem is, majority of the leagues and races conducted on GTP are predominantly done by those of American, Australian or European Nationalities. This poses a big problem, due to the massive time difference ( India is GMT +5.30 ). Not that I haven't tried. Tried a few leagues and ended up racing at 12-1 p.m, which just wasn't possible always. I never returned to those leagues sadly.

Now that Gran Turismo 6 is out, I finally decided to take the initiative, to start my own racing league. I'm looking for people in the same time-zone or nearby, or anywhere else for that matter as long as you're comfortable :).

Nothing fancy, we race every Sunday in pre-decided cars and tracks for half an hour or so. Enough for those out there like me, to get their fix of online racing amidst heavy schedules and Timezones.

Here's a list of particulars.

1. Races will be typically held EVERY SUNDAY anywhere between 12-2 pm GMT ( A definite time will be mentioned before each race) .

2. The lobby shall be opened by me half an hour before race start, during which participants can join in and practice should they wish to do so. In the event that I cannot make it to a race or fail to open a lobby, I'll inform well in advance who will be doing the needful.

3. The cars and tracks for each race will be pre-determined.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, any sort of dirty tactics and racing will NOT be tolerated and will result in a ban from the League. Respect everyone's space, a few bumps and knocks are alright, we all screw up, long as you fight for your space in a civilized manner. Besides, Penalties will be set to STRONG.
5. No aids will be allowed except for ABS.

6. How to Participate? Simple, check for any on-going race admissions and follow the mentioned procedure to sign-in.
Everyone who wishes to race with us on a regular basis is requested to "Subscribe" to this page so as to receive notifications and stay updated with what's happening.

Also, feel free to leave behind any questions whatsoever. :)

Quick Index

BMW 2002 Turbo '73 Cup Registrations open.

Off to see the Lizard Cup Registrations closed
M3 Sunday Cup Registrations closed

Last edited:

Also, since this club is more about people getting together and having fun whenever they can and want to, if you wish to hold impromptu races or cruises and drift sessions for that matter during the week with other members, feel free to do so. :)

Official club races however will still be held on Sundays.

Last edited:
EvertV12
Im also looking for group to race around. Maybe not possible every sunday for me.
It's not mandatory you make it every Sunday sauna, long as you get to race when you want to :) . So I'm counting you in, that makes 3 of us, awesome :D

Well, I would like to join you as well. Seems like a good idea when you don't know when you have the time to race a little:-) And if I write this in the wrong place or anything, I'm sorry, don't really get how this works, not a forum guy!:-) //Daniel

Well, I would like to join you as well. Seems like a good idea when you don't know when you have the time to race a little:-) And if I write this in the wrong place or anything, I'm sorry, don't really get how this works, not a forum guy!:-) //Daniel
Hello. Could you add me? I'm blackbeltninja57

THanks for joining in guys! That makes 5 of us, which should suffice for our first ever race!
There's just a minor glitch though, I've been away from GT6 for a bit, it won't update to 1.02. Until I get that fixed, it would be hard for me to decide the appropriate cars and tracks. I apologise and do bear with me for a bit.

alright Gentlemen, I'm more than pleased to announce our first ever event. Since this is our first event, and to allow for a level playing field, we shall be racing stock hatches.

Hot Hatchery.
Car: Ford Focus ST 2013
Performance Modifications: None, completely stock.
Visual Modifications: Allowed
Tires: Stock.
Date: 22nd December '13

Time of commencement: 1330 hours GMT
Itinerary: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - 2 laps
Matterhorn Dristelen - 5 laps - Variable Time
Nurburgring 24 hours- 2 laps
Penalties: Strict
Mechanical Damage : None
Body Damage: On

Do add me to your PSN accounts, and the room number shall be announced 30 minutes pre-race so you can all join in.

To affirm participation, kindly copy the list of participants above you in a comment:

Participant Name | PSN

Sean B | rambo793

Also, it would be highly appreciated if you would go through the rules to be followed while racing online as stated.

Hope to see you all on the track, if any qualms whatsoever, do let me know. :cheers:

Last edited:
Participant Name | PSN

Sean B | rambo793
M. Saarinen | EvertV12

Somehow funny that Ford is the only one I've fully modded so gotta buy a new one.

Last edited:
The 5th gear is so slow but over all the Ford is easy to handle. There was also no lag in the room which was suprising. Did you guys have any?
Yeah, really made me wonder if I should be upshifting or just letting it be on 4th :lol: . No lag at all, I think it's one of those few times I've had a nice, clean drive online.

Thanks to @saunavihta , @Ratsnacker and @Phil3819 for showing up :)

Hot Hatchery Race Results

Winner of all three races - rambo793

Race Gallery

Details of the next event shall be posted shortly :)

I hope everyone's shaken off their hangovers because admissions for the next race are now open! :)
007 Race Day.

l.jpg

Car: BMW Z8 '01
Visual Modifications: None.
Date: 29th December '13
Itinerary: Willow Springs International Raceway - 15 laps. Variable Time ( Progression set to 30 )
Matterhorn Riffelsee - 10 laps
Visual Damage: On
Do add me to your PSN accounts, and the room number shall be announced 30 minutes pre-race so you can all join in.

To affirm participation, kindly copy the list of participants above you in a comment:

Participant Name | PSN
Sean B | rambo793

Willow Springs should be a blast, with day- night progression, racing will get intense and blind, so make sure you get some practice!
We then head to Matterhorn, take in the sights and enjoy a drive in our open tops :)

Also, it would be highly appreciated if you would go through the rules to be followed while racing online as stated.

Last edited:
Race Results

Race 1 - Willow Springs Interational Raceway and Race 2 - Matterhorn Riffelsee

1. ricky_kaka3
2. Slashzor308
3. rambo793
4. Phil3819
DNF. CanadaGamer001

Thanks for showing up boys! Was a riot this time around; tricky car on tricky tracks, flying into the sand or crashing down the mountain! Hoping the fun only grows! :)

Should've posted this Sunday's race details sooner I know, but I kinda got caught up with New Year's and all that. Made sure I decided the car and track today. Sorry for being late. Oh and yes, Happy 2014! :cheers:
NSX Sunday.

5066461177_ee781fd591_z.jpg

Car: Honda NSX R '02
Visual Modifications: Only Bumpers, flat floors and rims. No Rear Spoiler change
Date: 5th January '14
Itinerary: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 10 laps. Variable Time ( Progression set to 30 )
Nurburgring 24 Hours - 10 laps

Participant Name | PSN
Sean B | rambo793

The NSX is pretty much one of my favourite cars from the game. That mid mounted engine really adds to the fun. As always, get practicing and see you on the track!

Last edited:
Should've posted this Sunday's race details sooner I know, but I kinda got caught up with New Year's and all that. Made sure I decided the car and track today. Sorry for being late. Oh and yes, Happy 2014! :cheers:
NSX Sunday.

Visual Modifications: Allowed.
Itinerary: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 10 laps. Variable Time ( Progression set to 30 )

Participant Name | PSN
Sean B | rambo793

The NSX is pretty much one of my favourite cars from the game. That mid mounted engine really adds to the fun. As always, get practicing and see you on the track!

love this car....

NSX Sunday.

Visual Modifications: Allowed.

Participant Name | PSN
Sean B | rambo793

Hey Sean, is it cool to join the NSX race fella?

Psn is Viva_La_G

Cheers

Nathan

Back