• Thread starter seadog777
  • 16 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
Is there a "racer" signalling protocol?

In Campaign, when driving Nordschleife, I've noticed when you come up behind a car, a lot of them signal towards the kerb. I take it that means they know you're there and are letting you overtake (a bit like lorries do in the UK).

Now I'm grinding on La Sarthe, I just noticed that when I overtake a lot of the cars, they flash headlights or put onto high beam..... does anyone know if that means anything?

That usually means a punt is incoming :lol:

Signalling is confusing, some indicate which side they are taking, some indicate at which side they want you to pass. The only clear signal is the two red lights on the back end, time to slow down!

I've never seen cars flash headlights in the campaign, is that a new thing?

Signalling is confusing, some indicate which side they are taking, some indicate at which side they want you to pass. The only clear signal is the two red lights on the back end, time to slow down!

I've never seen cars flash headlights in the campaign, is that a new thing?
Most people indicate which way they are pulling over to let you pass. I had one at Fuji a while ago who indicated to the right on the main straight but he just meant he was going to defend the position and wanted me to take the crap line, cheeky git!

I just noticed that when I overtake a lot of the cars, they flash headlights or put onto high beam..... does anyone know if that means anything?

Yes with online it's because they are not happy that you got past them. If you didn't knock them out of the way then it's likely they are just trying to put you off and/or annoy you and cause you to make a mistake. Just ignore them. ;)

Offline though like you had I'm not sure, it probably is just the AI acting as bad as the idiots online but I don't know for sure. Anyone have any ideas? :gtplanet:

Yes with online it's because they are not happy that you got past them.
Sometimes people flash their lights when they're turning, I have no idea how you manage to push down the analogue stick when you're just moving it to the side but so many people do it. You can see it on GTA too with horns going off as soon as you get to a tight corner.

:lol:

Ok, mystery solved with the headlights! The Nostalgic races are all dusk / dawn starts. But because it's basically light, and you start from the back, you don't notice the lights are on the cars.

I just recorded a race and looked at the replay.... they all start with lights on, and nobody "flashed" me.

But in the race, you go past the car and when you get so far in front, the lights suddenly go brighter, as though they are flashing you. I think it's just an effect with change of position.....

Should have done that before and saved your time but thanks for the replies! (Meantime hoping somebody else backs me up on this.... :lol: )

Revisited GT League road car races and found multiple AI flashing their lights.
I'm thinking it's due to being too close or aggressive in passing.

The 86 flashes in the braking zone. Maybe I was too aggressive crossing in front. An RX-7 is getting squeezed to the edge of track by another AI. Then, the Atenza seems to just flash, I guess to let me know its there.

Wow, you got proof that the AI sometimes does indeed flash! Good job.....👍

MMX
I haven't run a lot of Tokyo, or night races, so this may not be new. While running the Roadster Cup+ race at Tokyo, when I'd pass the AI, it would flash it's headlights, letting me know I was clear.

Is that new?

Interesting! maybe I'll have to do another recording.... the one I did before was just a few Km and a few overtakes. Didn't finish the race as not racing.... testing. Maybe I'm not going mad. :)

And I'd completely forgotten.... in the UK, lorries (trucks) would also flash you when overtaking to let you know you'd cleared and could safely pull in..... I wonder???

:lol:

Ok, mystery solved with the headlights! But in the race, you go past the car and when you get so far in front, the lights suddenly go brighter, as though they are flashing you. I think it's just an effect with change of position.....
Yep, I was annoyed quite a while by this - what are "these people" doing ???
But on closer inspections it turned to be just a graphics effect/bug that often looks like flashing.

Some guys do flash constantly, though, probably indicating serious entitlement issues...:lol:

Yep, I was annoyed quite a while by this - what are "these people" doing ???
But on closer inspections it turned to be just a graphics effect/bug that often looks like flashing.

Some guys do flash constantly, though, probably indicating serious entitlement issues...:lol:

Yes, I did a full race and recorded.... on review, nobody flashed me.... but it sure looks like it in the rearview mirror!

The headlight "Flash" glitch imo is to do with FOV. If you use cockpit view a lot you will notice this. Im not sure how long its been happening but definitely some time now. Really wish they could sort the mirrors out as well, they are borderline unusable with disappearing cars etc

Latest Posts

Back