Racing Sim Wheel Suggestions?

Australia
Victoria
JDM_Tuning_DR30
Hi everyone,
I'm a very keen drifter and I'm part of JDMT (as you can see :P)
and I'm very sick of drifting with a controller.

I'm earning some money slowly and saving up towards Around $250.
Is there a wheel with a clutch pedal, h-pattern shifter and 900 Degree rotation out there for somewhere around that price range?
Tell me please!​

Last edited:
For a wheel with clutch, shifter and 900 degrees rotation for near $250, then the G27 is your best bet. A new one is about $300 normally which I think you can still get from EB games or JB Hifi. For closer to $250 the best wheel is the DFGT. It has no clutch but it has a shifter (not H pattern though) and 900 degrees of rotation. Both are very sturdy wheels and are worth the money. Best bet is to go G27 though

For a wheel with clutch, shifter and 900 degrees rotation for near $250, then the G27 is your best bet. A new one is about $300 normally which I think you can still get from EB games or JB Hifi. For closer to $250 the best wheel is the DFGT. It has no clutch but it has a shifter (not H pattern though) and 900 degrees of rotation. Both are very sturdy wheels and are worth the money. Best bet is to go G27 though

Ok man, i think i'll go for the G27 If i see a cheaper one :).
Btw I found this thing though - $100 cheaper but only 270 Degrees rotation - How's it look to you?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Thrustma...o_Game_Accessories&hash=item1c31232360&_uhb=1
And does it mean 270 Degrees rotation for singularly the right and 270 for also the left? or does it mean from 1 turn from full left to full is 270 Degrees? bit of help man?

Last edited:
Degrees for a wheel is measured from lock to lock. That means that wheel only turns 135 degrees either way from straight which is not much at all. I would pass on that one personally een though it is Thrustmaster

I think i'll go for the Logitech Driving Force GT because that has 900 Degrees rotation and a shifter, but lacks a clutch pedal. There's just no perfect cheap wheel out there huh :/

I have a DFGT and I am very happy with it. The only drawback it has is that it's noisy and that it doesn't have a clutch pedal but it really isn't that bad. If you can, save up twice as long or try to double your income. Get something like a CSR or a T500 RS.

Just some advice, don't cheap out on the wheel you get. Learning how to drift on it really beats the hell outta the motors.

My personal preference is brand new, you never know how the previous owner treated their wheel if you bought used. Just something to think about.

DFGT worth the money and a very good wheel. The G27 so much better though.

Is it worth saving up that extra $100 for the G27? Or should I stick with the DFGT? Because I don't want to spend too much considering I'm saving for my first car.

Is it worth saving up that extra $100 for the G27? Or should I stick with the DFGT? Because I don't want to spend too much considering I'm saving for my first car.

If you can, it's worth saving for the G27

I really want one, but I don't have a stand for it..

u dont need a stand bro :P just find a decent sturdy table that is thick enough for the clamps to hold onto.saving for the extra money will most defs be worth it in the end.... PLUS u really want a clutch !!

9180323419_768550279e_c.jpg

Wow that's an awesome setup :embarrassed:

Redline, Seriously go for the G27. You won't go wrong, just go the further $100 Dollars, because i've been through all those wheels. Thrustmaster's aren't so good for quality and Fanatec Wheels have terrible support from PS3 and are intentionally designed for XBOX. The DFGT is a stable platform but the Pedals have no resistance to any game whatsoever. So if actually going for High Quality, Durability, and proper Driving Simulation you can't go wrong with the Logitech G27. Due to the large market of Modification and large support group of G27 Users you can have guidance and assurance of Use ability. Trust me on this one and go for the Logitech G27. I know the Fanatec wheel looks great, however the wheel is really thick but small so it's not ideal for drifting and the Shifters are absolutely rubbish for playing on any platform. So Please go the extra $100 and Buy the Logitech G27. It also comes with R-Factor :)

Redline, Seriously go for the G27. You won't go wrong, just go the further $100 Dollars, because i've been through all those wheels. Thrustmaster's aren't so good for quality and Fanatec Wheels have terrible support from PS3 and are intentionally designed for XBOX. The DFGT is a stable platform but the Pedals have no resistance to any game whatsoever. So if actually going for High Quality, Durability, and proper Driving Simulation you can't go wrong with the Logitech G27. Due to the large market of Modification and large support group of G27 Users you can have guidance and assurance of Use ability. Trust me on this one and go for the Logitech G27. I know the Fanatec wheel looks great, however the wheel is really thick but small so it's not ideal for drifting and the Shifters are absolutely rubbish for playing on any platform. So Please go the extra $100 and Buy the Logitech G27. It also comes with R-Factor :)

$300 For a wheel though?
It's very pricey.

I would go for the $209 Fanatec Porsche Carrera wheel, but maybe not I guess...
I just don't think it's worth it for a game that's not even real :/

$300 For a wheel though?
It's very pricey.

I would go for the $209 Fanatec Porsche Carrera wheel, but maybe not I guess...
I just don't think it's worth it for a game that's not even real :/

It's a case of the more you pay, the more you get. Having the G27 has been very worthwile in my opinion

What about a G25. I can get one for next to nothing.

True, but they are quite old now and aren't available new and unused anymore and they make a fair bit of noise

Latest Posts

Back