Racing wheel troubles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lcd328
  • 5 comments
  • 742 views
Messages
5
Australia
Australia
I just want know how to get fast on a race wheel cause my records all ways the same can someone help with this thx
 
Umm... Watch the top guys replays, track guides on YT and practice, practice, practice. Certainly helped me. Doesn't happen over night though. Just like pretty much everything in life. Keep at it and eventually you might "git gud".

EDIT:
Learn to drive without assists. TCS is good for beginners but it slows you down considerably. Try using the cones for braking references but it's better to find braking references on the track. Definitely learn to brake with your left foot and trail braking is simply a must. Oh, and did I mention practice, practice, practice? Lots of things the pros do happen automatically because of muscle memory and that is a result of a lot of practice.

EDIT 2:
That's the problem with wheels. People think that as soon as they get one, they will immediately be soooo much quicker (I certainly did). They don't realize that the really quick guys have been doing it for years and years (like Tidgney). That's a lot of hours of practice. Personally, I'm only about 1 - 1.5s a lap quicker with the wheel than the DS4 depending on the track. Some cars are even easier to control with DS4 than with a wheel. I've been playing with a wheel (T300RS with T3PA pedals) since January 2018 and I'm still a nobody. Take Calster for example. He plays with a controller and I would not stand a chance against him no matter what track or car or conditions. To sum it up. Being quick has nothing to do with a wheel. It comes from understanding the physics of the game, knowing the track and the car inside out and a loooooot of practice.
 
Last edited:
^This^ And practice, practice, practice. Then practice some more...

I just want know how to get fast on a race wheel cause my records all ways the same can someone help with this thx
 
I just want know how to get fast on a race wheel cause my records all ways the same can someone help with this thx
If you can find a way to share a video, e.g. you doing a daily race qualifying lap, driving against one of the top 10 ghosts, people will be able to give you much more specific advice about what you're doing wrong. There are lots of things people can be doing wrong, so without being able to see what you're doing right and wrong, nobody can tell you what it is, specifically, that you're doing wrong, they can only guess that you're doing things wrong that many people do wrong.
 
I just want know how to get fast on a race wheel cause my records all ways the same can someone help with this thx

Looking at your post history, not sure if serious.

On the off chance you are, check out Tidgneys Driving School on YouTube. Loads of help and advice can be found there that has taken me from a middling B rating to a high A.
Good luck 👍
 
Back