Racing with New Friends!

  • Thread starter Thread starter LinPark
  • 34 comments
  • 2,130 views

LinPark

Premium
Messages
1,140
United States
Delaware, OH
Messages
GTP_LinPark
Last night I got up the courage to head over to the Pro 750PP Daytona Road online race while chatting with some great members ( find details on how to here ).

My newbie skills and Dodge Viper were no match for these guys at this point but it was still major fun to watch them and learn. It was my first venture to the Pro circuit and first time away from my favorite High Speed Ring track - that Daytona Road is a blast though. I remember seeing the following cruise by me several times:

GTP_CWR
GTP_L_Hamilton
GTP_Pariah
GTP_slicecom
GTP_KARTRACER
GTP_SeniorL8r
GTP_CudaDude
GTP_Earth
TurkeyBurgers

Sorry if I left any of you of the list but there were quite a few of us.

Near the end I switched over to a Tuned Vette per their recommendation and started doing much better. Actually started finishing the 3 laps with the Viper and then was turning in sub 6 minute times by the end of the night which was still at least 20 seconds off the pace for any hope of winning. Can't wait to be at the front of the pack on the end of a race someday.

A special thanks to GTP_slicecom! He hung back on a few races to check out my style (if you could call it that) and gave me some pointers that really helped. You know a guy is good when he can basically shadow you around the whole track no matter how bad you are.

In almost 5 hours of racing, I was only bumped one time by a non-GTP member and that person pulled over to wait for me. That guy was no slouch either from what was being said in the chat - his name was KOR_keizer_soze (I think) and they say he was FAST!

Looking forward to doing it all again real soon (maybe tonight)!

Thanks again!
 
I'm glad you had the courage to do that... 👍 Hang with those dudes and you'll learn a lot more, I'm sure! :)
 
Welcome to the pro ranks. It dosen't seem to take long to go 5 hrs does it. I remember racing with you last night, those rwd cars can be a handfull. I have ran the Viper, have it setup not to bad but not use to the brake points. I'm the nut in the red EVO. I like the challenge of trying to keep it up front for 3 laps. Looking forward to racing with you again.👍:)
 
Thx for the positive thread. It is such a refresher to read one of these instead of the multitude of negative ones.

A special thanks to GTP_slicecom! He hung back on a few races to check out my style (if you could call it that) and gave me some pointers that really helped.

You've made me jealous, you've got yourself a personal trainer... and for free too! Perhaps more people inclined to do such a thing (for a while) should come forward / make themselves known.
I know I could use one.

AMG.
 
I'm eager to try my hand in the Pro ranks because I hear the racing is much cleaner. I'm not allowed in yet because I haven't cleared A Class because I can't afford a Ferrari F430 to run the last race...
 
Yeah no prob bro..Looking forward to it tonight.
 
Welcome to the pro ranks. It dosen't seem to take long to go 5 hrs does it. I remember racing with you last night, those rwd cars can be a handfull. I have ran the Viper, have it setup not to bad but not use to the brake points. I'm the nut in the red EVO. I like the challenge of trying to keep it up front for 3 laps. Looking forward to racing with you again.👍:)

From my vantage point WAY over in the grass on turn 3 that red EVO looked alot like a black Ford GT Test Car. Of course you were going about 55 MPH so I could have just been seeing things. :dopey:
 
Yeah great fun last night.I had some troubles with the cars not being competitive enough to stay up front. I'll work on that tonight.
 
I'm eager to try my hand in the Pro ranks because I hear the racing is much cleaner. I'm not allowed in yet because I haven't cleared A Class because I can't afford a Ferrari F430 to run the last race...

Come on Duke.... Just play a little more and come join us, you can't decently keep playing in the kiddengarden 👍:sly:
 
I'm about 120,000cr short for the Ferrari F430, but I'm chipping away at it 6,000cr at a time... 👍
 
I'm about 120,000cr short for the Ferrari F430, but I'm chipping away at it 6,000cr at a time...

Online is definitely the way to make big bucks fast.
 
Yeah, I did some of that the other night, but there's only so much you can stand in the Beginner arenas.
 
Yeah, I did some of that the other night, but there's only so much you can stand in the Beginner arenas.

another way you can get you 100.000c really fast is to do the S class event nr 9 i believe,its the daytona oval race wich is really easy to win!!:)
do it 4 or 5 times and you are allmost there man,will take you about 35 to 45 minutes or so....:sly:

spyrrari.
 
I don't think I ever drove in the beginner races, so I guess I made the money offline before driving in the (so-called!) "Expert" races.
 
another way you can get you 100.000c really fast is to do the S class event nr 9 i believe,its the daytona oval race wich is really easy to win!!:)
do it 4 or 5 times and you are allmost there man,will take you about 35 to 45 minutes or so....:sly:

spyrrari.

He hasn't finished Class A yet so I don't think he can do the Class S events. :)

Honestly, Duke I was in no way a Pro level driver when I started last night - I had done numerous Intermediate HSR contests with a bunch of rammers and disconnectors.

Last night in an event which only allows 12 people to start and with at least 2 to 3 of them dropping out after getting frustrated I was getting $10k to $20k every single race and not even finishing. I'm sure you have something that resembles a 750PP car in your garage already so just show up tonight and you will have your measily $120k very quickly.

Hope to see you there!

Edit: My bad, you can't get into that race yet - suffer through the intermidiate races there or just do the Class B-1 race 6 times in a fairly speedy car and you'll be joining us within 90 minutes. :)
 
oeps...my bad...

spyrrari.
 
another way you can get you 100.000c really fast is to do the S class event nr 9 i believe,its the daytona oval race wich is really easy to win!!:)
do it 4 or 5 times and you are allmost there man,will take you about 35 to 45 minutes or so....:sly:

spyrrari.

Thanks for the advice, but the problem is that I can't afford the Ferrari to finish A class yet. But I'll get there soon enough!
 
Wow I actually passed someone? That will be the day. Yeah I had fun the other night. Alot of you are really good and share great advice. Great forum.
 
Glad to have you aboard!
 
Thanks for the advice, but the problem is that I can't afford the Ferrari to finish A class yet. But I'll get there soon enough!

cant you allready do some races in the B and C events yet??you could make some more money there.....:)
man,i cant even remember anymore if this whas/is possible....

spyrrari.
 
Yes, I can do those, and I'm trying to clean up the last few B-class silver and bronze trophies. But those don't pay too much - they just bother me. Thanks for your advice.
 
From my vantage point WAY over in the grass on turn 3 that red EVO looked alot like a black Ford GT Test Car. Of course you were going about 55 MPH so I could have just been seeing things. :dopey:

I was probably long gone by then.:lol:
 
He did great! And listen do not frown on the fact that you are -20 down to us. Last night you raced the fastest of the fast NTSC guys. You will get faster, once you get more comfortable with the pro PH.. I am glad your first experience was good and we hope to see you out there again.

Chad
 
Exactly. You have taken the best approach possible for a new member. I wish all new member's would do this. The older member's don't bite (we may bark from time to time ) and are willing to help as much as we can.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I can do those, and I'm trying to clean up the last few B-class silver and bronze trophies. But those don't pay too much - they just bother me. Thanks for your advice.

:tup:welcome...👍

spyrrari.
 
How about that mission with Honda Integra, HSR... it's not big money, but very fast to complete. That's how I got my yellow f430... And I still have it. :D
 
Another great night last night and many new friends met - it was me and GTP_juniordee at it late. I managed some real good runs last night with that tuned vette and made enough money to spring for the Ford GT LM Test Car. Practiced with it last night and it is my new fave. What's the deal with paying $300k for a car that only comes in ONE color?

Who is this doctorben guy? He was pulling some wicked runs last night.

Hope to see you all out there this evening.
 
How about that mission with Honda Integra, HSR... it's not big money, but very fast to complete. That's how I got my yellow f430... And I still have it. :D

That's what I did last night, and bought (indeed) a yellow F430. Unfortunately I am still about 0.75 seconds out of first place on that one! I was hoping to gold it last night, but it didn't happen.

Then I took my yellow F430 to DR... and a dozen tries later, I still hadn't gotten past the back-straight chicane! I'll see you guys in a few weeks. :(
 
I never did gold that one - good luck with chicane - can't wait to see you online once you're ready.
 
about the chicane/s-turns on hsr....entrance speed is not so much important...exit speed is vital!!!

spyrrari.
 
Back