RALLY 90's Test Round - CancelledFinished 

• Thread starter Ettick
  • 12 comments
United States
Massachusetts
Ettick_
4dba283195.png

RALLY 90's is a rally series that intends to emulate nostalgic era of early 90's rallying. This event will be a test day for it to make sure the specs and organization work out. I'd also like to know if people like driving the cars and like the tire choice.

After Rally Sierra, I really wanted to make a rally series. I sort of promised one too. I have been very busy but have found some time and inspiration to spec cars, so now it's becoming reality.

This event will be just like a round in the series. It will emulate one day of a WRC rally. The total distance will be over 100km.

Everything is still subject to change at this moment in time. That includes specs. They're as even as I could get them with a few hours of testing.

84d3dda491.png

All upgrades are mandatory

All cars:
Sports Medium Tires/Snow Tires/Dirt Tires
All suspension, drivetrain, and transmission upgrades.
Oil change
Improve Body rigidity
Aero kits

f33f57e0a3.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Turbo Stage 3
CPU
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 1
300hp/1300kg

3aba330c15.jpg

Turbo Stage 3
CPU
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 3
300hp/1300kg

7fb8c298bc.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 2
290hp/1380kg

f6711f5c53.jpg

Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 3
300hp/1320kg

a756089a8f.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 3, Carbon Hood, Lightweight Windows
300hp/1321kg

0befc70c75.jpg

Engine Stage 3
Turbo Stage 1
Racing Exhaust
Weight Stage 1
300hp/1320kg

464f7f01e7.png

Add Ettick_ on PSN to race. I could run the race through my Rally club if that makes things easier.

Race starts:

Stay in your grid spot unless you're #1, in which case line up at the start line and go at 30 sec. People behind will advance to the start line in order and start when it's their time, sort of like the rally event in GT5.

Standing start staggered by 30 sec each (could change with a large enough grid). The time before the start will be subtracted at the end of each stage. Whoever has the fastest combined time throughout all stages wins.
False starts will be penalized by a 10 sec penalty like they are in WRC.

Races after the first will start with a reverse grid order (fastest last) to make sure everyone finishes within the end timer.

Lobby settings:

Grip reduction on track edge: Real
Damage: Heavy
Tire wear and fuel consumption: Fast

No assists will be allowed. I may consider allowing ABS if there is enough demand, but I would like to keep it off for authenticity's sake.

Other rules:

Changing setups after the first race has started is illegal. That means don't open the settings menu.
If a faster car is withing passing distance of another, the slower car must give way within 4 corners. This would preferably happen on a straight.
In case of mass disconnect, the stage will be restarted. If one person disconnects before the stage is 25% over, the stage will be restarted. If a single person disconnects from more than 3 stages in one round, they will not be restarted for again. I'm sorry, but I don't want to have massive delays.

0e5a234f01.png

I wanted to incorporate random weather without making it unfair to people who start earlier or later in the race. So I figured what I'd do is make the weather at the start of the stage be chosen by a random number generator and be fixed for the rest of it. This will make the races much more interesting, making choosing what setup to use even more difficult.

Light rain - 25% Surface Water
Medium rain - 50% Surface Water
Heavy rain - 100% Surface Water

ad3f91d0c1.png

APRIL 5TH @ 20:00 GMT

Stage 1:
Eiger Nordwand K Trail - 1 lap - 7.167 km

Stage 2:
Matterhorn Rotenboden -4 laps - 14.312 km
20% chance of medium rain

Stage 3:
Chamonix West - 3 laps -16.119 km

Stage 4:
Matterhorn Riffelsee - 3 laps - 9.906 km
40% chance of light rain

Stage 5:
Ascari - 2 Laps - 10.850 km
80% chance of heavy rain

Stage 6:
Sierra - 2 laps - 54.000 km
33.333% (repeating, of course) of light rain

Total Distance: 112.354 km

GTP name:
PSN name:
Car:
Color:

Signups:

Two people can sign up per car.

Ettick/Ettick_/Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR RC (ST185) '91/Gray
ItGivesYouWings/Lucas_M2000/Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91/White
Ph1sher/GTP_Ph7shr/Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon/Blue Chrome

Last edited:
Better change me to the Lancia. I think it would be better to try a different car and let it for someone more. The color can be white, also.

GTP name: Ph1sher
PSN name: GTP_Ph7shr
Car: Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon
Color: Blue Chrome

Was kind of wanting the Celica but figured I mix the field up and try out a new car 👍

Well done Ettick! Looks like a very promising Rally Series! 👍

GTP name: Ph1sher
PSN name: GTP_Ph7shr
Car: Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon
Color: Blue Chrome

Was kind of wanting the Celica but figured I mix the field up and try out a new car 👍

Well done Ettick! Looks like a very promising Rally Series! 👍
Welcome :cheers:

Would everyone be okay if I delayed this a week? Race on the 12th? Just realized that the 5th is Easter Sunday and a lot of people probably can't be here because of that.

Would everyone be okay if I delayed this a week? Race on the 12th? Just realized that the 5th is Easter Sunday and a lot of people probably can't be here because of that.
Was thinking the same thing, That works perfect for me

Race starts soon.

I will wait until 20:15 GMT and if nobody shows up I'll be cancelling the event.

Race cancelled. I guess there just isn't enough interest in rally series on GTP.

Last edited:
Back