Rally Sierra - 17:00 GMT on Dec 13thFinished 

• Thread starter Ettick
  • 65 comments
United States
Massachusetts
Ettick_
4c806fde42.png

This will be a 1 stage rally at Circuito de la Sierra that may turn into a series. There is a lack of rally series in GT6, so I figured I'd make one. Everything is subject to change at this point.

The race will be 2 laps long to simulate a longer rally stage.

Cars and specs:

General:
Oil change: Allowed
I
mprove body rigidity: Allowed
Sports Soft Tires

Carbon driveshaft and LSD can be added if the car doesn't have them already.

5f7b42eeea.jpg

Citroen C4 WRC '08

Stage 3 Engine
400hp
1230kg

2192e9c29c.jpg

Suzuki SX4 WRC '08

Stage 3 Turbo
410hp
1230kg

f1137fa8a9.jpg

Subaru WRX STI Rally Car '05

Stage 2 Engine
Stage 3 Turbo
410hp
1230kg

f9df7e21fb.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRC 2008

Stage 3 Turbo
395hp
1235kg

f4284ea0db.jpg

Mitsubishi Evo X Rally Car

Stage 2 Turbo
Stage 3 Engine
410hp
1215kg

3cc6ed9af1.jpg

Ford Focus RS WRC '08

Stage 3 Engine
400hp
1230kg

Room Settings:

Grip reduction on track edge: Real
Damage: Heavy
Tire wear and fuel consumption: Fast
Weather: 100%
Weather Changeability: Fixed

Only allowed assist: ABS

Race:

This will be set up like a single rally stage, thought it will be 2 laps long.
Stay in your grid spot unless you're #1, in which case line up at the start line and go when it's your time. People behind will advance to the start line in order and start when it's their time, sort of like the rally event in GT5.
Standing start staggered by 20-30 sec each, depending on the size of the grid, which will be subtracted from the overall time at the end. Whoever has the fastest time wins.
False starts will be penalized by a 10 sec penalty like they are in WRC.

Date:

TBD at the moment, expect it on a Saturday in mid January at the latest, around Christmas at the earliest depending on how fast signups are.

GTP name:
PSN name:
Car:

Signups:

Two people can sign up per car.

Ettick/Ettick_/Citroën C4 WRC '08
SmileyWRX/SmileyWRX/Subaru WRX STI Rally Car '05
ENDURANCEGUY/NFSGUY/Ford Focus RS WRC '08
Zolon32/Zolon32/Subaru WRC '08
Drex124/Drex125/Suzuki SX4 WRC '08
Harsk100/HarskGaming96/Citroën C4 WRC '08 (reserve)
gurizzi/gurizzi/Suzuki SX4 WRC '08

Last edited:
I'm expecting to get my PS3 fixed by Christmas.

So, if my PS3 is fixed, then count me for Citroen C4. For now, please put me as a reserve.

Another thing: The WRC cars come RH tires, but are you sure that the WRC cars use SS tyres in real life?

I'm expecting to get my PS3 fixed by Christmas.

So, if my PS3 is fixed, then count me for Citroen C4. For now, please put me as a reserve.

Another thing: The WRC cars come RH tires, but are you sure that the WRC cars use SS tyres in real life?
I like the way SS tires feel on these cars more. That's the only reason why I'm using them.
I am unsure if rally cars use slicks or not in real life, but I don't think they do because they have to account for the fact that the weather can change and having to drive in rain on slicks is too dangerous or something like that.

I like the way SS tires feel on these cars more. That's the only reason.
I am unsure if rally cars use slicks or not in real life, but I don't think they do because they have to account for the fact that the weather can change and having to drive in rain on slicks is too dangerous or something like that.
Yes, I think that slicks are very dangerous... Group B cars used Slick Tyres, but I believe that Group A and WRC cars use SH to SS tires.

Yes, I think that slicks are very dangerous... Group B cars used Slick Tyres, but I believe that Group A and WRC cars use SH to SS tires.
Just keep in mind that these aren't necessarily WRC spec cars. They're "Sierra spec," 100~hp more than regular rally cars because Sierra is quite high speed.

I'll sign you guys up in a bit, on my phone at the moment.

Just keep in mind that these aren't necessarily WRC spec cars. They're "Sierra spec," 100~hp more than regular rally cars because Sierra is quite high speed.

I'll sign you guys up in a bit, on my phone at the moment.
👍

Haven't done a lot on GT6 lately, so I guess I should give this a try.

There is a chance that I might not be able to make it. I'll have that confirmed when you decide on a date.

Hi Ettic, if this is going to be run at a time compatible with normal(me?) life at this side of the pond I'd love to take part. Using the 08 Subaru if possible.

However, 27th Dec could be a problem due to likelihood of family visiting.

Cheers, Zo.

Ooops, sorry..... Zolon32/Zolon32/Subaru WRC 08.

Haven't done a lot on GT6 lately, so I guess I should give this a try.

There is a chance that I might not be able to make it. I'll have that confirmed when you decide on a date.
I'm thinking about the 27th, but a lot of people might be out on vacation then. My big problem is that I'm going to AGDQ (speed running marathon) from like Jan 3-10 or 11 so I won't be able to host it then.

Hi Ettic, if this is going to be run at a time compatible with normal(me?) life at this side of the pond I'd love to take part. Using the 08 Subaru if possible.

However, 27th Dec could be a problem due to likelihood of family visiting.

Cheers, Zo.
I'm thinking about 2:00 PM EST, but I could go earlier.
If not the 27th, Jan 3rd might work, otherwise it'll be Jan 17th.

Signed everyone up, let me know if I made any mistakes. :lol:

Would Dec 13th work for everyone? Signups have been much faster than I thought they would be, so I'd be fine with the current grid for a race.

Race start specifics added to OP: Stay in your grid spot unless you're #1, in which case line up at the start line and go when it's your time. People behind will advance to the start line in order and start when it's their time, sort of like the rally event in GT5.
I'll post the grid and start times the day before the race.

I think I'll update it to 19:00 GMT on Dec 13th then, unless anyone has conflicts that day. 👍

I'm changing it to fixed, dry weather as well since this is kind of a test race. The ridiculous stuff will come if I turn this into a series. :mischievous:

I think I'll update it to 19:00 GMT on Dec 13th then, unless anyone has conflicts that day. 👍

I'm changing it to fixed, dry weather as well since this is kind of a test race. The ridiculous stuff will come if I turn this into a series. :mischievous:

Works for me at 17.00 GMT.
Sorry we didn`t sync well ;)

No. 100% weather for atmospheric effect, 0% surface water, fixed dry conditions.

Are you sure this works Ettick? I know you can fix the weather, but I thought the surface water changed gradually depending on the rain/sun. ie, if it's throwing it down the road will get steadily more wet until it's at 100%, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, so I thought.......... :guilty:

Cheers, Zo.

Are you sure this works Ettick? I know you can fix the weather, but I thought the surface water changed gradually depending on the rain/sun. ie, if it's throwing it down the road will get steadily more wet until it's at 100%, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, so I thought.......... :guilty:

Cheers, Zo.
Nope, it stays at 0% all race when set to fixed.

Cheers, Zo.
I tested for like 45 min and it was still 0% at the end.

Latest Posts

Back