Rally Tracks

gtp_speedemon08
I have been doing some figuring out on GT5 track count. it says that there are 20 tracks with 70 variations, but with the Total number of tracks per road courses like Fuji and Nurburgring, you end up with 17 tracks with 45 variations.

So what about the rally tracks?

We've heard very little about rally tracks, so there must be something going with them

I reckon there will be three rally's, with 8 stages each, for a total of 24 variations.
One will be dirt, the other ice and the other one tarmac.

But that leaves one course variation left, which might be used for a rally special stage, similar to the rally tracks in GT4.

So what do you think?

It does say OVER 20 locations.
What's to say rally courses will be in the game, in theory PD might not have anything but that open plan track in the trailers.
Where on earth do you get random number of 8 stages?

Not really, since officialy it's over 20 locations, not exactley 20 and over 70 variations, not exacltey 70. Irealistically we can expect anything between 21-25 unique tracks or locations. One thing I definitely agree with is that the rally tracks will probably have a much higher number of variations then the road tracks.

I'm thinking that the 20 locations/69 layouts is very subjective, and it doesn't say anything actually.

Because, if we already have 17 "locations" and 45 "layouts" that's almost the full track count and still we don't have Nascar tracks, Rally circuits, IRL circuits, or Original (by PD) tracks.

Thats what I think. As always for a GT fan..."We'll have to wait for any confirmations".

EDIT:

Look what i found on Wikipedia :D

Thats intriguing and suspicious, because I don't know why I think I remember seeing some of the WRC cars somewhere with "Rally Japan" logos. I might be wrong.

EDIT 2: It's true, I found it

gt01.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah you did, in that frst E3 video when WRC was first shown I think. But that Wikipedia list is fake anyway, it's just been put on Wikipedia by someone guessing. There is no full or official track list around.

Last edited:
Y But that list Wikipedia list is fake anyway, it's just been put on Wikipedia by someone guessing. There is no full or official track list around.

Yep, considering it says that spa was featured in GT2. :dunce:

Yeah you did, in that frst E3 video when WRC was first shown I think. But that list Wikipedia list is fake anyway, it's just been put on Wikipedia by someone guessing. There is no full or official track list around.

Yes, wikipedia's list is an absolute fake. They included all circuits from GT4, Sepang International Circuit (not confirmed), Subic International Raceway (what in heck is this?) and other circuits that are, at the moment, mere assumptions (not really confirmed, though very possible like Valencia and Spa).

most of the tracks wouldn't be on there, but lets not pay attention to that for now.

Also found a different sticker on another photo

WRClogo.jpg

Last edited:
most of the tracks wouldn't be on there, but lets not pay attention to that for now.

WRClogo.jpg

Interesting. Can you find a better shot showing the hood of the Focus? Maybe we can a third rally location for GT5.

Does it look like this ones?

photo0005a.jpg

EDIT: The "Rally Japan" logo is alzo in the Suzuki. I'm beggining to think that rather than an indication of other tracks it is just the normal livery of the cars. Maybe it's too difficult for the stickers to change depending on the rally stage and they're just stuck with the one PD scanned them. Maybe not, because PD would just simply remove them or use another logo. Maybe if logos change it's a signal of livery editor. Who knows.

gt4.jpg

Last edited:
That looks suspiciously like the Tokyo R246 Logo.........

I thought that as well. The white letters on blue background appear somewhat similar, but it's a bit too far fetched in my opinion, specially considering R246 isn't a rally stage.

EDIT: Went to check the highest resolution image of that picture and I'm 100% sure thats a "Tokyo R246" rally-like sticker on the hood of both the C4 and the Impreza.

TOKYO.jpg

Last edited:

WRClogo.jpg

That is undoubtedly the Tokyo R246 logo, can clearly see the text on it on the corner of the bonnet.

GUYS!!! :D We found something!

Either rally cars have stickers that change themselves for each particular stage/track or could this be the livery...livery...you know what? :embarrassed:.

hahahaha I'm so sorry to go off topic but in that wiki pic with all the tracks n stuff.. look where it says Top Gear Test track and to the right of it it says "Other" LOL. I just found that quite funny. That's so them.

i hope top gear track is not included. less influence from mainstream entertainment, the better. top gear is an entertainment talk show, its not a car show. do the hosts even have racing experience?

i hope top gear track is not included. less influence from mainstream entertainment, the better. top gear is an entertainment talk show, its not a car show. do the hosts even have racing experience?
Wut? Please don't tell me you want a facepalm...

:lol:

back on top though, about the stickers. I'm guessing they just change themselves according to whatever track you race on. There's probably a sticker for every track.

If that's the case, we can confirm the Toscana (?) Rallye then.

Can we get all the pics of the WRC cars posted ITT, because I think we should be able to confirm a few more tracks...

Back