Ranking Gran Turismo Games — Where Will GT7 End Up?

I know it's easy to forget given how long ago it was and what we have now but GT1 was revolutionary at the time. Up to that point racing games would have 10-20 cars at the most, usually fictional, and arcade handling and general approach to racing. Test Drive 4 came out the same year as GT1, it had 14 cars.

GT1 was the first game to feature hundreds of real world cars, modelled at that point in time in detailed 3D, racing on realistically modelled circuits with "simulation" handling. It taught gamers what RWD/FWD was, what understeer and oversteer was. It was also to my knowledge the first game to introduce the idea of tuning and upgrading your car. TOCA 1 also came out a few weeks before GT1 and that did also aim for a simulation aspect it did just focus solely on racing, in one series.

Again, it's obviously terribly dated now and everything seems very basic but at the time it was amazing. The GT series wouldn't have taken off in such the way it did if it was just another racing game.

1. GT2 - best version of MoTC in intro, eclectic car list (tuners, Vector, Venturi, Espace F1, heaps of Detroit muscle), loads of race mods, best roster of fictional tracks (Seattle, Grindelwald, Rome, Red Rock Valley, you name it), cracking menu and racing soundtrack. Basically everything you want a GT game to be.

2. GT1 - arguably the most revolutionary racing game ever as it introduces sim racing to the masses. Difficulty of some license tests and events are legendary (R33 Trial Mountain & Normal Car Cup anyone?). Physics and car selection are a joke from today's perspective but back then it was good enough. Most importantly, it's the quickest loading GT game ever. Everything feels so lite and just encourages you to spend time on track.

3. GT5P - might be biased here, but I skipped the PS2 era and went straight to PS3. Going from pixels to full HD was quite something :lol: Slick UI with gorgeous animations in the background (later copied by GT Sport). Consistent quality (no standard cars). OK content is lacking, but when that's all you got before GT5, you made it last. Also has the best simulation of an F1 car in the GT series for me (F2007).

4. GT Sport - got me hooked to online racing. Brought back consistent quality with cars and tracks. UI as good as GT5P. Scapes and livery editor just opens up a world of creative possibilities. Unfortunately, the esports focus also neutered the rest of the game. Road cars are underused, no upgrades, GT League is barebones, fictional track design is basically all straights & tight corners/chicanes to promote overtaking. Also always online 👎 Economy system one of the worst.

5. GT6 - basically the game GT5 should be. Highest car and track count in the series (but standards ruin the consistency). Loads of tracks with dynamic time/weather. Bodykits and interior customization. Has notable features like full telemetry, course maker and Sierra Time Rally. It's pretty good, but it's clear PD were just phoning it in at the end of the PS3 generation.

6. GT5 - so much hype, so much disappointment. Feels bloated and everyone knows standard cars are a joke. XP levelling system is way too grindy. Car ticket and paint chip system are awful. Course maker is just a random generator. Menus and loading garage becomes slower and slower as your garage grew. Squandered licenses like WRC and NASCAR. Broken promises with only a few DLC/updates. Grand Tour and Seb Vettel Challenge are cool, but that's about it.

7. GT PSP - being the only mobile title, it's always going to have limited appeal. Fun car collecting game but once you're done, there's not much else to do really. For me it's a way of driving all the tracks in GT4 that I otherwise would never drove. And you can learn the Nurburgring on the loo I guess :lol:

As mentioned above, I never played any of the PS2 era GTs so who knows where they will rank. From videos, I'd say GT3 is basically GT1 HD, and GT4 has the best career mode and the closest at being a car encyclopedia (Patent Wagen anyone?). There are other smaller titles like GT Concept, GT4P and GT HD too, but they're just glorified demos I guess.

Oh, and GT7? From what I've seen, it's basically GT Sport with more cars/tracks and GT4 map. Without any other revolutionary features, it will probably sit around where GT Sport is...

Last edited:
1st place: GT4 – The best all-around game in the series for me: huge amount of content, great graphics, great career mode, solid gameplay and no big drawbacks.

2nd place: GT2 – This game had many of the features that made GT4 great, it was an amazing game for PS1 and big upgrade over GT1.

3rd place: GT5 – As stated in the original post, this game is hated by some, but loved by many. Like GT4, for me it had a great single player experience and a huge amount of content, but much better physics, HD graphics and the significant addition of online features, among others. The standard cars drag it down, and some other features could have been better too, but it's not like the other games in the series were completely perfect either. Overall, I really enjoyed this game.

4th place: GT Sport – The best online racing I have experienced and the livery editor, physics and graphics are great, but other aspects of the game have suffered because of the focus on online racing. The content at launch was ridiculously lacking and the career mode was a complete afterthought. Still, the online racing keeps me coming back to this game.

5th place: GT6 – Basically GT5 with slightly improved physics and more content, but notably with an inferior single player experience. Content-wise this is one of the biggest racing games ever, though, and I still had a lot of fun with it.

6th place: GT3 – The graphics were amazing for the time, but the game was severely lacking content. The lack of content made the career mode feel somewhat dull for me and there wasn't much else to do.

7th place: GT1 – If this list was about importance, this game would be in first place, but since it's not, it ends up seventh on my list. It's successors have surpassed it in pretty much every aspect and it doesn't really have any features that would want to make me play it over the others.

From what I have seen so far, I am expecting GT7 to be above GT Sport.

Incredibile how strong is the brand heritage considering that, even on a dedicated forum, basically everyone is saying that half of the titles produced are low quality games.

The power of ps1 and ps2.. for younger kids this is probably a terrible game series.

11 tracks. 180 cars. But by modern standards that would be almost doubled as race mods were not counted separately.

GT3, your favourite game, has 19 tracks and 180 cars with no race mods.

I don't believe that the lack of content is the problem. You may remember it that way, but that doesn't make it true.
Well it's an opinion based thread. I don't think there's any true or false opinions here.

My opinion will be that GT7 will be this generation's GT5.

There's no way they will have it up to a level of polish by release. GT8 will be GT6. By the time GT8 lands ICE cars will be not available for purchase.

If it is possible to include a tourist trophy here, it will be ranked in the top 3.
And the GT PSP soundtrack is definitely my favorite.

GT5 had the slowest economy in the series backed up by cars locked behind a level cap including cars only posted to a four-billion day long used car list that only gave you six races to get a car, making some functionally impossible to purchase so that some players literally could not access parts of the game at all. Also single-use paint chips. It was also the first game that became impossible to complete, when the servers closed down to make one of the PSN trophies impossible (GT6 also did this, at a later date).

It also had Standard cars, and the killer visual feature was 3D which I think I'm right in saying was used by approximately no people in the whole history of ever, except 32 members of the press at GamesCom 2010.

GT5 doesn't belong above any other GT game; I appreciate some people disliked GT6 more, but it was basically GT5 with a better economy, without the awful levelling system, and with more Premium cars to offset the Standard ones, and it did eventually have most of the things it said it would have on the box.
GT5 was built around the special events in my view. If you did all them, even without the daily log on bonus, it meant you would unlock the extreme hall events before you ran out of special events to gain exp from. It really wasn't as bad a game as is made out. Much worse that the PS2 games without a doubt but massively better than GT6. A race game with NO RACING in it. I can still remember my first licence attempt in GT6. Drive in a straight line and brake. I braked too early, coasted then braked again. Best case scenario a lucky bronze. Imagine my surprise when a trophy dropped for beating the gold time by half a second! Then in a 2 lap "race" around high speed ring I took the lead part way round the lap.2nd place passed me on the straight with clearly superior straight line speed, I passed him in turn one, he was filling my mirrors the entire lap and when I exited the last turn I checked rear view thinking I'd have to block - only to find him blipping the throttle! I "won" by 3 tenths.

Last edited:
for me it's
1. GT1 ( i know it is dated but when it came out it was so different from everything else.) I know it looks dated but I can go back and play it today and still enjoy it
2. GT2 a better version of GT1 and it had my favorite car in Gran Turismo the TVR Speed 12. Also the Suzuki Escudo was like a cheat once you tuned it properly.
3. GT4 great game
4. GT3 looked good but not enough cars for me and no customization
5. GT 6 a better GT 5
6. GT 5 didn't like the game economy or the standard cars.
I have bought GT Sport as I don't do online racing often.
This is an enjoyable thread because there is no right answer! We all like different games for different reasons and it is cool to see what people think

I would like to say...why WAGNER why....GT3 is much, much higher on my list, behold:

IN ASCENDING ORDER (not counting any demos or Prologue versions):

1st place: GT3: A-SPEC
– The best all-around game in the series for me: beautiful game-play mechanics, UI was nice to look at and easy, with awesome motion menus for first time, Awesome intro with Tom's Supra, smooth framerate, easy to play, awesome graphics for its time on PS2! Heatwaves, sparks off kerbs, Glowing brake discs & Rain effects on the wet night stages and the shining rays on Trial Mountain added atmosphere to the game. Replays were a great past-time in this title. The cars were not alot but enough for a gameplay session in any given moment: steering wheel or no wheel. Fun licenses littered about, I bought it with good racing wheel support for it's time. Rallying was ok but nothing special. One of the best soundtracks on any video-game for a while in that Era.

2nd place: GT4 – Best Gran Turismo intro ever with the Epic MOTC theme! I discount the PAL and US versions as we got conned out of the track, lol. This game had many of the features that made GT3 great, but tons more cars and cool city tracks, Seattle and New York, Amalfi coast etc. First time photo mode was introduced and that was a big deal to showcase the PS2's power! It was an amazing game for PS2 and big upgrade over GT3. Also the drag strip at Vegas was brief but good fun.
Only two negs were: The game was delayed by 1 and a half years before release & instead of any actual car damage, the cars (depending on the speed and angle in which the collision occurred) simply bounce or spin off of the car, wall, or obstacle.

3rd place: GT1 – The OG benchmark that started it all and set the tone for racing games on realism. In a world of arcade racers like DAYTONA, OUTRUN & SCUD RACE, I never saw a sim based racing game that felt so natural to play and had real life cars that you could hoon around a track. Everyone had to copy this game going forward and this was saying something, ENTHUSIA Racing anyone! I guess flattery is the best compliment. But I loved the tuning, the tracks and the cool soundtrack too. It even offered us a 60fps "HIFI" mode on the PlayStation 1 WHOA! It introduced me to a world of cars like no other. Overall, I really enjoyed this PS1 game.

4th place: GT2 – A really good racing game that tried so hard to improve over GT3 with more licenses, activities and cars, but other aspects of the game have suffered because of the focus on such ambition. The content at launch was ridiculously lacking and the career mode was a complete afterthought. Graphically the game suffered to me than GT1 as the console struggled to keep a steady 30fps at times. Even with its obvious glitches too, they got rid of Drag mode, boooo!

5th Place: GT7 - TBA - Need to play this before giving my review, but it will sit here at some point and either go up or down based on the content and gameplay. Glad to see Trial Mountain back after so long. The career mode needs to be integral to the games mechanic.
But it has to be better than GT sport right? :sly:

6th Place: GT PSP -
It was so cool to be able to pick up and take GT anywhere with you on a handy PSP. This was long before the days of REAL Racing 3 (a GT Clone), ASPHALT Racing (ARCADE chaos) or even Mobile gaming was any good to be taken to the levels we see today on super smartphones. This small game was very ambitious for it's time and and challenged PD to try harder, & pushed the little dinky PSP to new heights. PD even nailed the exotics, had an exclusive to include Ferrari popping into the fun for the first time ever along with Bugatti and Lamborghini. Technically also very impressive by PD: Gran Turismo PSP runs at 60FPS and takes up only 1GB of storage. :scared:

7th place: GT5 Spec 2.0
– The game marked the first entry in the series with online and that was fun for a bit with anyone who had a decent connection speed. A kinda funny damage model had been included with variations of damage depending on the car. Over 1,000 cars, 29 different locations, 77 different tracks. The track generator was cool but had more potential to be even better. Dynamic time and weather effects make their debut in the series. Karting was really fun, the 3D feature not so much. One good element was the addition of the Top Gear test track and Goodwood additions. It was also really cool to see that they nabbed the licenses for WRC, NASCAR AND SUPERGT, for the first time in the Gran Turismo series.

8th place: GT6Despite this being the best selling game in the UK at the time, On July 25, 2015, some 19 months after release, the game was still at 12 in the UK full-price sales chart, from August 2015 the game was instead eligible for the UK budget sales chart, where it remained in the top 20, and continued to sell well until mid-January 2016. That insane but wierd also. It felt like GT5 but with slightly improved physics and more content, but notably with an inferior single player experience. I didn't want to drive on the frikkin moon with a lunar rover that only did sub 20mph, I think Kaz was watching too many NASA documentaries at the time when he made this. Also was nice to see, Apricot Hill Raceway, which did not appear in the previous game, make a return to the series. But I didn't really get into this game that much as GT for me kind of fell of the radar for me during this PS3 era. Obviously when server support for this game died, so did this title.

9th place: GT Sport – Visually a good looking game dont get me wrong, on a SONY LED TV at full 2160p it looks cool, smooth, but there can be so much said about this title, but it disappointed me right out of the box with it's online based dependency.

UI looks horrible and too corporate looking, I really hate the pingy and laggy online racing that can easily happen, even with a decent connection speed. I loathe the pogo effect and frankly dodgy AI system racing. Some nasty Graphical glitches for a PS4 game like it was half finished and released without any QC, this includes the funky VR option afterthought. The Penalty system even with it's most current update is atrocious and spoils any decent racing.

The tracks are good but not much variety to be had. Scapes is a very cool feature for us Photography/Car enthusiasts to enjoy some snaps of there cool cars. Cars are very limited not counting the incremental updates. The games frame rate ducks and dives when trying to achieve a checkerboard 4K resolution. For such a newish game at the time, it did not feature a dynamic weather system or day-night cycle. The game launched with 168 cars and 29 tracks; updates have brought the count to 324 cars and 82 track configurations as of December 2019. I dont like the heavy influence of the FIA E-sports competition based racing in this game. It kinda loses the magic touch of GT titles from before, that hopefully GT7 can get back.

This list is very exhaustive, but I had to get it out there. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
7. GT Sport-
The best graphics, sound and physics of any GT to date do not save it from the main part of the game being still so flawed to this day. After over three years this racing simulator considers bump drafting on an oval bad, yet divebombing good, it simply is not fun to play way more commonly than any Gran Turismo should ever be.
6. GT6-
Quick Matches were the highlight of this game to me, but the servers were far to inconsistent to get anywhere close to the full enjoyment, and that goes for all other online modes as well. Having the largest car list and the ability to use community created tracks when the servers were still up made for quite unique single races, but the campaign mode felt virtually identical to GT5, the only change being a negative in no long endurance racing. GT6 was an excellent game when doing unique things, but between the iffy online servers and rehashed offline campaign, fun replayability is fairly rare, especially now with no servers.
5. GT1-
Probably about as good of a starting point as possible for the series given the era it was released, but the graphics, physics, and small amount of cars and tracks don't hold up very well. I don't think that these factors make for an overall negative experience though as long as what is there is fun, and it is. There is nothing to me that is completely boring and or annoying plus there is still fun to be had even now with so many successors.
4. GT2-
GT1 but with a bit better graphics and physics (though still outdated). The car and track list is great plus I really like the layout of the menus.
3. GT3-
I understand why this was the best selling GT of all time and is still arguably the best ever. For the time it had unreal graphics and was seen as the closest thing to real life there was. So much so in fact, the day GT3 released in the US my dad traded an old, rusted station wagon to his friend for a new PS2, memory card, controller, and GT3. The station wagon lasted about two weeks before it was too expensive to be worth fixing while the PS2 lasted about six years and GT3 still works today. Given that soon after I started playing GT3 as my introduction to the series, I guess that was a good trade.
Though all things considered I think GT3 has the biggest case of nostalgic bias of the series. People flocked to this game in particular for the next gen graphics and physics, neither are exactly what would be considered so now. To me cars, tracks, and features are the most timeless parts of a racing game. I don't care much about graphics and as long as the driving physics are fun, I am happy. While the game itself offers mostly flawless fun, what is offered in total is not enough to warrant GT3 being the best to me because of the smaller amount of cars, tracks, and features, though it is still a great and legendary game.
2. GT5-
GT5 had everything, a massive amount of cars and tracks, physics that still hold in my opinion, a unique and lengthy campaign mode, Bspec characters that could progress through campaign mode, HD graphics that still make the premium cars look decent, fun and varied optional challenge, a course creator that still works, a large player base to message and trade cars with, and online servers that could actually handle all of this. Also Jenkins. Granted, everything it had was not executed the best, though to me nothing was executed overall poorly. GT5 is one of the greatest racing games of all time to me.
1. GT4-
GT4 has most things, and what it does have was implemented in a nearly perfect manner. The best original music of any game paired with so many icons cars, tracks and events makes for the greatest racing game of all time. Overall it is the community that makes GT Sport worth playing whatsoever, GT6 having the occasional unforgettable moment, and GT5 having nearly countless worthwhile moments, but that doesn't make the games themselves better, because playing with the community is sadly temporary. When solely competing against yourself and the AI never gets old, that is unmatched.
As a somewhat awkward, lower wealth class kid that grew up in a small town, I didn't interact much with others in the real world and I didn't have good enough internet at the time to interact virtually as well. That traded in PS2 was one of my main forms of entertainment and GT4 was the number one game I played. From what I remember, I enjoyed every minute of it and had no regrets.
As a somewhat awkward, lower wealth class adult that is still in that small town, I don't interact much with others in the real world now also because of coronavirus. My internet is now below average which is usable so I do interact virtually some, but due to the only Gran Turismo still with online being the worst one, I seem to be socially distancing virtually now too. So ultimately I went full circle and started to enjoy every minute of GT4 (that isn't license tests) again. Now I don't have to remember the past good times and while playing I can briefly forget the current bad times.
I still most certainly have no regrets.

For GT7 having popular things return such as tuning parts, performance point system, and classic tracks. Controversial things returning such as Sport Mode and the used car dealership. Even negative things such as returning to PS4, it is hard to say where GT7 will rank. I think the fairest way to rank GT7 is to separate the PS4 & PS5 versions.
I put the PS4 version right now in sixth place. It looks like it will be the worst game in the series again at its core, but the good returning aspects should be enough to at least have fun parts of the game.
I put the PS5 version at forth based on what we know now with the potential to be better. Sport Mode won't be any better than the PS4 version, but about everything else should be. If there is the offline of a traditional Gran Turismo but with better graphics and physics then ever, it should still be an excellent game in the ways I would play it most (though I will consistently play online IF it's good, but I'm not very convinced yet that it will be).

Last edited:
Ranking of GT games I've sunk enough time into to give proper rating.​

1. GT4 - The ultimate GT singleplayer imo. Tons of things to do, tons of different ways to play. Played this game for the first time when I was 7 years old, and is the game that made me a racing fan, and a automotive enthusiast at such a young age. It's almost guaranteed we will never see another GT singleplayer as large as this again.

2. GT5 - The ultimate online community GT game released thus far. The amount of features the casual multiplayer had was extremely impressive, and resulted in a lot of gameplay for me. The singleplayer wasn't as good as GT4, but I still enjoyed it a lot. My biggest flaw with this game was how they made the licenses possibly the hardest they have ever been, yet made having a license worth nothing. Very little reason to do the licenses, even though I still enjoyed doing them. Even though I understand people not liking standard cars, I thought it was a pretty quirky part of the game community. I remember seeing rare cars I didn't even know were in the game driven by players in the open lobbies, years after I first started playing the game. I thought it was a pretty cool experience.

3. GT6 - Felt like a watered down version of GT5, if you don't count the new tuning (which was definitely a massive improvement from GT5.) Too many features were taken out in GT6, such as shuffle mode and B-Spec remote races. I honestly barely remember playing this game, and simply wouldn't have had a reason to touch this game if it wasn't for GT5's servers getting shut down. It was still an alright game, and I would definitely be playing this over GT Sport if the servers were still up. (which is another flaw, the servers should have stayed up longer.)

4. GTS - Very impressive visually, and the best driving experience we have ever had in a GT game. I still treat this game more as a tech demo for the future than an actual game, because I don't have any use for the 'Sport mode'. I'm not a fan of the eSports side of this game, because I never wanted to play GT competitively. The post-launch singleplayer content was pretty embarrassing as well, and I think it would have been a better idea to have just held off on that till GT7. The open lobbies are also a shell of its former self. Compared to what GT5 had ten years ago, its awful. Only use I get out of this game these days is the livery editor, and track day open lobbies.

I expect to rank Gran Turismo 7 somewhere in-between GT4, and GT5 based on everything we have heard about the development direction for GT7. That's where my expectations are for now.

Last edited:
A little off-topic, but I have to admit one thing. Despite being my least favorite GT, GT3 has the best versions of Trial Mountain, Grand Valley and Deep Forest in my opinion. If you pay attention to some details, it's clear PD took inspiration not only on the GT4-GT6 Trial Mountain to build the new one for GT7.

972559b1-5c31-4ad2-ac70-613ae64e3524.jpg

For example, these yellow road markings on this section are present only on the Trial Mountain from GT1-GT3, so that's a good sign they're looking far back for inspirations. Hopefully Grand Valley and Deep Forest will also get lots of inspirations from their GT3 versions.

Last edited:
Well it's an opinion based thread. I don't think there's any true or false opinions here.

I can hardly call your opinion that GT1 is the worst GT game false, you feel what you feel. On the other hand, your claim that the lack of content is what makes it the worst when you have GT3 at number 1... you can think what you like and there's nothing saying that humans can't hold two entirely conflicting beliefs, but I'm still going to point out the hypocrisy.

As well as the factual incorrectness of "5 or 6 tracks" and "100 cars" - that's not even close. Bag on the game if you want, there's plenty not to like compared to newer GT games. But at least pick stuff that isn't imaginary.

I can hardly call your opinion that GT1 is the worst GT game false, you feel what you feel. On the other hand, your claim that the lack of content is what makes it the worst when you have GT3 at number 1... you can think what you like and there's nothing saying that humans can't hold two entirely conflicting beliefs, but I'm still going to point out the hypocrisy.

As well as the factual incorrectness of "5 or 6 tracks" and "100 cars" - that's not even close. Bag on the game if you want, there's plenty not to like compared to newer GT games. But at least pick stuff that isn't imaginary.
GT2 was the worst because it was on the ZX Spectrum and the "real pit lane smell" disc emitted mustard gas and for every copy you bought Nintendo shot a kitten. IT'S ALL TRUE.

Last edited:
My top chart is:

1)GT4
2)GT2
3)GT5
4)GT3
5)GTS
6)GT1
7)GT6

I expect GT7 to come in 1st place and take over GT4, if the new gen improvements going to be on ps5 version.... If it's a carbon copy of gtsport with only more content and any particular innovations even on PS5 version, then it will be a disappointment just to put it at halfway the list. But anyway I expect it to be AT LEAST over GT1, GTS and GT6 at worst, so at worst 4th place and at best 1st place. We shall see lol

At the moment:
1. Gran Turismo 2
2. Gran Turismo 3
3. Gran Turismo 4
4. Gran Turismo 6
5. Gran Turismo 5
6. Gran Turismo 1
7. Gran Turismo Sport

Will elaborate later, currently at work.

From best to worst.
1. GT4
I have a very complicated reletionship with that game which is impossible to explain within a faw lines, so putting that aside dispite its faults it has the best balance out of any GT game to date. More than enough cars/tracks to keep someone intrested , many and sometimes too many races to do , ground breaking for its time and still more than good enough today technically, it offers some functions never seen before or after.
2. GT2
The first GT i can remember playing, too big for its time with a unique track list and (possibly) the most unique car list in the series so far with plenty of things to do. It could have been in 1st if it wasen't unfinished and didn't include some bad design choices (Only HP restrictions for example) but we may never know.
3. GT5 it took for ever to come out but its the one keeping the flag high for the series in possibly thair worst era. I would've put in 2nd if it wasen't for some terrible design choices and no in hindsight the standard cars for the most part isen't one of them.
4.GT3 I played the 🤬 out of it and although it sure was a huge technolgical leap the reletive lack of content and repetitive single player hold it back in my mind.
5. GT Sport
I think GTS is misunderstood and dosen't get the credit it deserves in many cases , for example i expected the lack of content because of the huge amount carried by previous gen titles but that would've been ok if PD didn't drop the ball on almost every single aspect of single and multiplayer, i truly beliave GTS could be the best GT ever if managed correctly as it already is the best in some technical aspects. But the biggest shame is PD walked away from all of that to focus on human vs human and as expected human nature came back to bite them.
6. GT1
It might seem harsh but i actually like GT1 more than Sport however as the first game its quite limited so i have no choice.
7.GT6
Lets put the fact it was released on PS3 aside because thats not the problem , the real problem is that whatever GT6 brought to the table wasen't anything we coulden't have gotten with patches or DLC if they followed GT Sport's post release support program back then . Thats all GT6 is a fully prized patch.
As for GT7 if its full potential gets held back by PS4 than it will be just above GT Sport which isen't bad per se but not good either. If they give it all with PS5 then it depends on what PD has in store.

Last edited:
2. GT1 - arguably the most revolutionary racing game ever as it introduces sim racing to the masses. Difficulty of some license tests and events are legendary (R33 Trial Mountain & Normal Car Cup anyone?). Physics and car selection are a joke from today's perspective but back then it was good enough. Most importantly, it's the quickest loading GT game ever. Everything feels so lite and just encourages you to spend time on track.
Quickest loading time? My first experience with GT1 was that the game keeps leaving me on black screen when I intend to go on race, I almost gave up GT entirely due to that.

1. Gran Turismo 4 - The pinnacle of the series, in my opinion.
2. Gran Turismo 3 - The game that introduced me to motorsports as a 6-year-old, will always have a place in my heart.
3. Gran Turismo Sport - Excellent game for what it is, despite the lack of a single player element. This is the game that started my passion for multiplayer sim racing.
4. Gran Turismo 6 - This is what GT5 should've been. Even then, it wasn't enough for the game to make a substantial impact like GT3 and GT4 did.
5. Gran Turismo 5 - This game had a lot of lofty expectations that it ultimately did not meet. It was at this point I switched to Forza after a year of playing.

Never played GT1 or GT2.

I fully expect Gran Turismo 7 to be #1 on this list, if it isn't compromised by the PS4. If it is the "ultimate" Gran Turismo game, then it should be the best ever in the series. I'm hopeful, but I also won't be surprised if this one misses the mark.

For me this is easy

1-10 GTS

Never played any of the other GT games. I did all my racing on PC before.

Hopefully GT7 will be even better than GTS. Time will tell

My opinion is different. Quality is more important than quantity. If the quantity is high but the quality is low, it is just a pile of garbage.

I get that quality over quantity argument, but for the GT series this didn't apply until GT5.

GT2 and GT4 have much more content than GT3 and still they were made with the same top-notch quality for their time. You can argue some cars on GT2 were useless, but the cut from ~600 to ~180 was too much. There's no way these 420 cars left behind were all "piles of garbage".

GT3 is not a bad game, far from that. It does have that essential GT formula everyone loves (including me, of course), but I just feel it's a little bit overrated.

Last edited:
I get that quality over quantity argument, but fot the GT series this didn't apply until GT5.

GT2 and GT4 have much more content than GT3 and still they were made with the same top-notch quality for their time. You can argue some cars on GT2 were useless, but the cut from ~600 to ~180 was too much. There's no way these 420 cars left behind were all "piles of garbage".

GT3 is not a bad game, far from that. It does have that essential GT formula everyone loves (including me, of course), but I just feel it's a little bit overrated.

I agree, GT3 is good and revolutionary in graphics and visuals, but lack content and another thing that lacks a lot is damage

I get that quality over quantity argument, but fot the GT series this didn't apply until GT5.

I can't comment on GT2 because I've never played GT2, but I rather feel that GT4 is an overrated.
This may be a matter of personal taste, but I prefer GT3 to GT4 for menu UI, graphics, track and car, sound, AI, arcade mode, physics, and soundtrack.
To be honest, I was surprised that many people have said that GT4 is a masterpiece since I came into contact with the Internet.

Last edited:
1-GT5: the first GT game that i played. I was 8-9 years old when i started it and wow. Maybe many people doesn't like GT5, maybe GT5 was a disappointed, but for me, one of the best racing game that i played (and i have played a lot)

2-GT Sport: when i bought GT Sport in 2017 and i discovered that there wasn't a GT mode, I was disappointed (i didn't read that GTS was only online :dunce:). However, thanks to update, GT Sport became in one of my favorite ps4 game. I understand why many people doesn't like GT Sport, it is... different. But if you forget that it is a Gran Turismo, you look (or not, i don't know what you think) a good online racing game.

3-GT6: in my opinion, GT6 isn't a bad game, but I got bored very quickly of him. Maybe because it was in English (i'm Spanish and with 11-12 years i don't know many English) or because i played many hours at GT5 but I ended up bored. However, i remember GT6 with love.

4-GT PSP: nobody has mentioned it. Has anyone played it? It is, well, a GT but for PSP. It isn't a career mode but it is good because you can play GT anywhere, like the bathroom :lol:
I haven't play GT 1,2 and 3, so i can't have an opinion. I played GT4 (THE EPIC) but very little. I hope put GT7 in the top. It is like GT Sport but with more events, cars and tracks. And i like it.

Quickest loading time? My first experience with GT1 was that the game keeps leaving me on black screen when I intend to go on race, I almost gave up GT entirely due to that.

Huh that's weird. I played GT1/2 for like 5-6 years and can't remember a single instance of the game hanging. Not trying to assume anything but do you use a bootleg copy or play on emulator by any chance?

Back