Ratchet & Clank (2016)

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
WHAAAT? Nobody has made a thread for this yet?

Ratchet and Clank: The Game is based on Ratchet and Clank: The Movie, Which is based off of the first game/origin Ratchet and Clank, in the series of the same name, Ratchet and Clank.

Looks like this is the reboot that will give the franchise new energy on the PS4

Out now, somewhere.​

(Trailer was released 23rd of March, the game looks beautiful!)

So, in a few weeks when it comes out, you're free to post stuff about the game below. You know, general discussion and stuff. If you want to talk about the movie, that's a different section of the forum.

Oh, and no spoilers!!!​

Last edited:
I think the mentions so far have been part of other threads - but true, this looks like it's the only thread. We already have it pre-ordered and might even brave the cinema for the first time in an eon when the film comes around.

The game based on the movie that's based on the game, although the game based on the movie based on the game is being released before the movie based on the game :lol:

I can't wait for it. Being a Ratchet and Clank fan myself, I am excited and very happy with what Insomniac did with the franchise. Sometimes a reboot is the perfect choice to bring new life to a loved franchise that has been a bit overpopulated with sequels and spin-offs. The first game was a bit bland when it came to character story and development, despite it was an outstanding game. The franchise has evolved so much, story-wise, game play-wise and character-wise that it was only natural to remake the whole story through the eyes of a now much more mature Insomniac team.

I remember when Gran Turismo made me abandon Nintendo; I still was in need of a good platformer. That's when I read about this sci-fi platform with the fuzzy alien in a Playstation magazine back in 2002. It had only 10's and 9.5's in everything. Bought it, played it and in that moment it became part of my life. I still own all the games. The original PS2 trilogy and its spin-offs, the PSP games with their respective PS2 port, the PS3 trilogy, spin-offs, HD versions of the first trilogy and so on.

This is honestly the game I'm waiting the most for this year and why I bought a PS4. After this I hope for a Sly Cooper game based on the movie, based on the game :D

And once more this thread has slipped into obscurity...

My frustration is the ten day gap between US and UK release (15th in France and 20th elsewhere in the EU - why?) - so whilst I'm staying clear of gameplay videos, I am surprised that no one has posted anything in this thread.

And once more this thread has slipped into obscurity..

Don't count this thread as obscure just yet... We're just waiting for the day...:cheers:

I may have to get Ratchet 1 out as part of the HD collection for the PS3 and see how it holds up against the reboot...

Last edited:
I live just a few feet away from a Gamestop. I could go out, buy it and come back in 5 minutes. But I preordered it and it doesn't get here until Thursday :( Just knowing that there are people already playing it! Why is life so unfair D:

Anyway, can't wait to play it. Been a Ratchet and Clank fan since 2002 when I got the first game. Bought the PS4 mostly for it. Interesting thing; this game is based on a movie based on a game, despite the movie is being released after the game based on it, which at the same time is based on. :lol:

Honesty, I'm probably going to be seeing the movie before I buy the game, just for spoiler reasons. I'd rather experience the story through the cinema and then play it myself later. Just my preference.

I live just a few feet away from a Gamestop. I could go out, buy it and come back in 5 minutes. But I preordered it and it doesn't get here until Thursday :( Just knowing that there are people already playing it! Why is life so unfair D:
Cancel the pre-order and go get it (or go get it and then cancel the pre-order, just in case they are sold out)! What is a pre-order doing arriving three days after release anyway?

This brings so many good memories. :) Played the original and watching the gameplay of some of the levels I still remember is really nice! One of the best games of its genre (if not the best). This game needs more love (and this thread too :P )

This brings so many good memories. :) Played the original and watching the gameplay of some of the levels I still remember is really nice! One of the best games of its genre (if not the best). This game needs more love (and this thread too :P )
True, but the game is only out in the US as of now - France will get it next, then the rest of the EU on the 20th. The UK (not being in the EU...apparently - yeah, I know, it has it's own store) must wait until the 22nd. I'd imagine it'll be busier in here after the 20th...there again, I'd imagined it'd already be busy what with the game being out in the US for almost two days already ;)

Cancel the pre-order and go get it (or go get it and then cancel the pre-order, just in case they are sold out)! What is a pre-order doing arriving three days after release anyway?

I was going to do that today, but I just found it on my mailbox :D I've been playing for the past few hours. I love it! The classic 2002 game with next gen graphics, redesigned game mechanics, maps, weapons and a much better story.

Well, I don't recall ever being this excited over a game release ever... I am pretty upset that the US gets to play it a whole week before me. :grumpy:

Well, I don't recall ever being this excited over a game release ever... I am pretty upset that the US gets to play it a whole week before me. :grumpy:
Especially as they don't seem to be appreciating it by posting here ;) You have to wait a week, we got ten days...I reckon someone from the UK must have annoyed the hell out of Insomniac at some point, maybe due to Resistance 3's rendition of a Welsh farm :D

I'm looking at this, the reviews have sold me, and there is no enough time to finish it before UC4.

You never truly finish a R&C game...;)
Ahh yes, reminds me of the days I completed ratchet and clank 3 around 20 times on the one save file. And then the time I beat the whole game, and a second run, with no armour upgrades. It got to the point that every single enemy one shot killed me, including the thyranoids. The ridiculous things you do as a child... :D

...The ridiculous things you do as a child... :D
Indeed, and as an adult past the 50 mark too ;) Happy times/days.

Looking for a copy now, seems to be sold out everywhere I look. :(
Maybe time to order online - a shame that your local shops aren't carrying it. I'm sure it'll be a different story after the film blows them away.

Last edited:
Well, I got the game and I'm so far very impressed. Despite the framerate downgrade it looks very smooth and the effects and environments from the first game look beautiful in updated graphics/HD. Gameplay is not very special, while being special at the same time. Plays just like every other game in the series. Overall for now it's an 8/10 for me. I personally like the Future series the most, and this entry holds up well.

Luscious - so many fine details and nods to the originals abound. The game feels a lot more 3D - or you as the player have the feeling more that you are in the thick of it. Some great new weapons too, especially the Pixelator with appropriate accompanying sounds :D

Well, I played through the whole thing, and I had two problems. One, skid's voice acting is too silly, and two, whoever programmed the AI for the hover-board racing (especially Rilgars) needs to be fired immediately.

You know, golding those hoverboard events took me way longer than it should have with all my Sanic Ryder skillz
Same. I got the trophy time pretty quick, but I couldn't for the life of me actually win the race. Oh well, its over now.

I have no problems with the voice of Skid McMarx - hardly seemed that different from the original in all honesty.

Anyway, given that it's predominantly from first game with some re-writing, I really appreciated that some of the levels now have very different lighting and feel to them. It just adds to the whole beauty of the visuals. In view of that, hopefully a more complete photo mode will get added at some point.
Ratchet _ Clank™_20160425143556.png
Ratchet _ Clank™_20160425143605.png
Ratchet _ Clank™_20160425145926.png
Ratchet _ Clank™_20160425145954.png

Due to time constraints, took me until a few days ago to complete the game and I'm now on my Challenge Mode playthrough. I will say that the RYNO makes dealing with Dr Nefarious a lot easier. I did try without but gave up after several bouts of bitter swearing and defeat.

I will say that I love my Anodised ship coating and Chrome Space Ranger armour, especially when the faceplate is down.

Last edited:
Back