Rate the photo above.

• Thread starter vass0131
  • 49 comments
Vass_sCo
After looking through all the photo's many i think wow how did they get it like that and how could i do something like that.

Well here's your chance.

1. Rate the Photo from 1 to 10
2. Ask Question (If you have any)
3. Improve (If you think the photo could be improved)

Please use this to give feedback and to give advice to members :)

I will start it off with this picture

@vass0131

7/10

The fisheye effect is nicely done, which is what gives this shot some interest. But other than that, the partial colour effect probably wasn't a good way to go. GT's partial colour effect has always placed an awkward looking B&W if you ask me. It looks different than the monochrome filter, it's darker and a bit more dull. But the shot itself is nice.

I like the idea of a photo rating thread. Especially if it is one which asks for more than just a few numbers. It's sort of irritating when someone rates it without giving any constructive criticism.

@RevoXeli:

7/10, but would have been 8/10 with a more interesting background or zoomed in a little bit more. The car choice and wheel combo is great, and the use of (I think?) Panning Mode 3 and Minature Filter is spot on.

Here's my first Photomode attempt (unedited with a standard car):

CityofArtsandSciences-Night_2.jpg

Last edited:
6/10

First thing is composition. My eyes can't find a "line" to follow or a "point" to catch. This huge barrier in the middle of the shot doesn't help either since it's a white block in a very dark environment.

Focus. I had to zoom to find where it was. I guess it's in the front wheel (?). Maybe if your PoV was a little bit to the right and you camera a little to the left and you catch more of the car, the shot would be nicer (It's only my opinion though).

Exposure. I guess you left it low because you wanted a "dark mood" shot. I would have increase it a point our 1 and 1/2 to show more details in the car.

VGT

6/10
The contrast is very strong, and that doesn't really add anything positive to the shot. A lot of detail in the highlights (like the sky) and low lights (front bumper/side of car) are lost. And the image seems like it had an HDR filter applied, which looks washy and too sharp, making it difficult to look at. The composition is strong, but is a bit heavy to the bottom.

@PHO3NIX_F1RE
8/10

Well, let me start with the smoke. The smoke gives me the feeling that the car came fresh out of a freezer, which is cool in my opinion. The front of the car is a bit blurred, but other than that, the blurring effects in the picture are great! Except for the unblurred lower right side of the picture.

Goodwood Hillclimb_1 (2).jpg

Last edited:
6/10

The lighting on the trees for me is a little dark compared to lightest parts of the image. I'm not a fan of the in-game filters too much, also would've had more "action" if it was at a lower shutter speed. @AlligatorMike

@Man of Mister
4,5/10

Sorry for the low rating, but I almost can't see the cars, it's to dark, there is no real subject and the most eye-cathing thing is the huge white line, which is not really interesting to look at. I would try to choose a somewhat more exiting point of view, make sure the cars are lit well and draw the eyes attention. I think it's not retouched in any way, and that's no problem ofcourse. But sometimes you can make a dull looking photo good with some minor touchups :D

ascari_bmw_001.jpg

Last edited:

7/10.
A nice shot, a good impression of speed and a nice angle. I'd like to have seen a little bit more track or some natural lines to draw the eye around, but altogether a solid photo.
Also, is this edited? I've not taken any rain photos in-game yet, but surely when driving in the rain there'd be spray coming from your tyres...

Rate me!

GT6 Reventon
by PHO3NIX_F1RE, on Flickr

7/10.
A nice shot, a good impression of speed and a nice angle. I'd like to have seen a little bit more track or some natural lines to draw the eye around, but altogether a solid photo.
Also, is this edited? I've not taken any rain photos in-game yet, but surely when driving in the rain there'd be spray coming from your tyres...

Rate me!

GT6 Reventon
by PHO3NIX_F1RE, on Flickr

It's indeed edited...and you're right about the rain. My idea was that it's just a tiny bit of rain, not even enough to wet the track really. But I now realise I can do two things: add splashing or delete the rain :P

About your photo:

6/10
Nice perspective, nice colors, but I miss some sense of motion and I think the car itself can look better from a slightly other angle

new photo:
nurburgring_r8_001.jpg

7/10
Nice shot but its just an Audi R8 surrounded by nothing but darkness?
But still a pretty nice shot with a sense of mystery, which is what I like about it.

Honestly not to fond of this one just like the way the colour pops out.
12696523494_fc870a263c_o.jpg

Last edited:
@F1WORLDCHAMPION

7/10

Nice use of the monochrome filter, however the picture is too dark! I didn't know the car was the Sauber C9 LM until I turned the gamma on high. Try to find a way of brightening the picture next time, other than that, I've got no other problems 👍.

Gemasolar.jpg

@Man of Mister
Afraid I'm giving it only 5/10

I cant personally find anything I like about the picture, you could try some nice angles.
Or try an angle like that in the photo when the cars is going real fast.

12696113615_ed470cb5df_o.jpg

@F1WORLDCHAMPION

7/10

Nice use of the monochrome filter, however the picture is too dark! I didn't know the car was the Sauber C9 LM until I turned the gamma on high. Try to find a way of brightening the picture next time, other than that, I've got no other problems 👍.

I knew that it was a bit dark, I just didn't have the time to edit it. I'll post an edited version later.

@Chrisuu
8/10
Beautiful model and shot position, added motion blur really does give the feel of speed
In my view, would of liked some more scenery. Other then that, perfecto.

x9EJtBA.jpg

go, rate that m8's

@Chrisuu
8/10
Beautiful model and shot position, added motion blur really does give the feel of speed
In my view, would of liked some more scenery. Other then that, perfecto.

x9EJtBA.jpg

go, rate that m8's
im gonna say 6/10 because no sense of motion. if the car is supposed to be still, my bad, but yeah. if you want it to look like the car is in motion, press triangle whilst in the photomode camera screen to open options and there should be an option called panning mode (i think!) if you use panning mode 2, and make the appature speed (shutter speed) around 1/250 or less and the car should look like a rocket ship without blurring the image too much! im saying this for the benefit of everyone on this thread! it helped e a ton! also, when you put images from your ps3 onto a computer, there is allot of quality decremented, and a good way to fix that is by upping the saturation! now dont think that im targeting you, im saying that allot of the pics on this thread suffer the same issues, because, you know, the gt picture mode is pretty complicated if you just want to take photos randomly!

any way, rate this!
Trial Mountain Circuit_7 - Copy.jpg

im gonna say 6/10 because no sense of motion. if the car is supposed to be still, my bad, but yeah. if you want it to look like the car is in motion, press triangle whilst in the photomode camera screen to open options and there should be an option called panning mode (i think!) if you use panning mode 2, and make the appature speed (shutter speed) around 1/250 or less and the car should look like a rocket ship without blurring the image too much! im saying this for the benefit of everyone on this thread! it helped e a ton! also, when you put images from your ps3 onto a computer, there is allot of quality decremented, and a good way to fix that is by upping the saturation! now dont think that im targeting you, im saying that allot of the pics on this thread suffer the same issues, because, you know, the gt picture mode is pretty complicated if you just want to take photos randomly!

any way, rate this!View attachment 119955
k ty, i am new to this stuff, you have been helpful-ish

@Man of Mister
6/10 Actually i had to look twice to see the car.
To me it is too dark, and i struggle to find anything but the building to look at.

(Click for fullsize, and to see the raindrops better )​

Latest Posts

Back