RAZR's lapboard and car review thread (Ford GT by JTQ and Vantage GT3 by Real Replica reviewed 2/27)

• Thread starter RAZRr1275
  • 111 comments
This is a review of the Lexus IS-F 07 by LazyDonkey

Just to get this out of the way I ran this on sports softs as I don't really like sticking racing tires on road cars. I ran gear 7 at 1.240 and ran out of top end speed a bit so it could have a faster laptime. I elected to go with the stiffer suspension settings .7 front toe and 20 lsd acc. to make it on the freer end of the tune.

This was overall a pleasant drive. The car is very stable i.e. did a clean 10 lap run with only one crash on the second lap when I first started pushing the car.

The gearing is a tad weird as with the 7 speed which has pretty close ratios you're firing gears at the car quite often.

Handling wise, the car has some understeer at higher speeds that mostly shows up through Griffins bend and from Frog Hollow to McPhilamy Park but it's pretty easily correctable with a carefully managed racing line and maybe a quick stab at the brakes.

I was surprised at how composed the car was through the downhill section of the track - some occasional oversteer through Skyline was the only issue that I had with the car - otherwise it never did anything to become unstable which is definitely good as most cars have some with that area of the track.

This is a review of the Hennessey SRT Viper '02 Venom 600 GTS by Ridox Replica tunes

So when Ridox said I'd like it I was instantly interested. And he gave me a laptime to try to match. So I decided to give it a shot.

The results are stunning. This car is pretty close to my ideal drive. A bit oversteery on exit. Very smooth entry with no traces of understeer in most corners (just a trace through Cutting and through the Chase if you go in too hard) but this car is very very free which I love. It likes to slide a bit but it's the great kind of slide that just takes the rear end around the corner in an extremely efficient way. If it breaks traction I found that it tended to happen mid corner once the car started to rotate.

It's a wonderfully active drive - you are going to be wrestling this thing a bit as you head down the mountain and you are going to have to have very good throttle control if you don't want to end up in a wall - you have to roll onto the throttle slowly through the section from Cutting to Skyline otherwise you're going to end up in a wall. That's what I love about this car though - it doesn't just push me in a certain direction -- it communicates where it's going to start to head and gives ample opportunity to fix it in order to stay on the racing line. Despite this car requiring a lot of effort to drive well, it's very easy to remain consistent in it. One thing to be wary of is that it gets a bit skittish under heavy braking - I had to correct a bit when braking for the chase and it wants to oversteer when on the brakes for Forrest's Elbow. Great tune as usual Ridox!

Last edited:
Would you be willing to test my Oreca Viper if I PM you the settings? I know it handles well (650PP, RH/RM) but using a DS3 I get the urge to push too hard on the 'Ring and go off roading instead of racing

Would you be willing to test my Oreca Viper if I PM you the settings? I know it handles well (650PP, RH/RM) but using a DS3 I get the urge to push too hard on the 'Ring and go off roading instead of racing
Sure - I'll give it a go sometime over the next couple of days.

This is a review of the Hennessey SRT Viper '02 Venom 600 GTS by Ridox Replica tunes

So when Ridox said I'd like it I was instantly interested. And he gave me a laptime to try to match. So I decided to give it a shot.

The results are stunning. This car is pretty close to my ideal drive. A bit oversteer on exit. Very smooth entry with no traces of understeer in most corners (just a trace through Cutting and through the Chase if you go in too hard) but this car is very very free which I love. It likes to slide a bit but it's the great kind of slide that just takes the rear end around the corner in an extremely efficient way. If it breaks traction I found that it tended to happen mid corner once the car started to rotate.

It's a wonderfully active drive - you are going to be wrestling this thing a bit as you head down the mountain and you are going to have to have very good throttle control if you don't want to end up in a wall - you have to roll onto the throttle slowly through the section from Cutting to Skyline otherwise you're going to end up in a wall. That's what I love about this car though - it doesn't just push me in a certain direction -- it communicates where it's going to start to head and gives ample opportunity to fix it in order to stay on the racing line. Despite this car requiring a lot of effort to drive well, it's very easy to remain consistent in it. One thing to be wary of is that it gets a bit skittish under heavy braking - I had to correct a bit when braking for the chase and it wants to oversteer when on the brakes for Forrest's Elbow. Great tune as usual Ridox!

Thank you for the great drive review :) Happy to hear that you like the car, and you posted faster lap time than my test laps :D The skittish braking probably can be cured with less rear value on brake balance.

The replica was based on street tire ( Michelin Pilot MXX3 All Season ) fitted as standard on Venom 600 GTS sold by Hennessey - comfort soft in GT6, I think you'll love it more when you fitted sports hard tire on the Venom ( pretend the Venom has Michelin street legal semi slick for track racing now :lol: ). I was going to post the replica with sports hard tire in the beginning ( most of Venom owner would bring it to the track and fitted semi slick ), but I wanted closer tune to the real car as sold to customers :) So fitting sports tire would be up to the owner :D If you want to give it a go again with sports tire, I would love to hear your feedback.

Thank you for the great drive review :) Happy to hear that you like the car, and you posted faster lap time than my test laps :D The skittish braking probably can be cured with less rear value on brake balance.

The replica was based on street tire ( Michelin Pilot MXX3 All Season ) fitted as standard on Venom 600 GTS sold by Hennessey - comfort soft in GT6, I think you'll love it more when you fitted sports hard tire on the Venom ( pretend the Venom has Michelin street legal semi slick for track racing now :lol: ). I was going to post the replica with sports hard tire in the beginning ( most of Venom owner would bring it to the track and fitted semi slick ), but I wanted closer tune to the real car as sold to customers :) So fitting sports tire would be up to the owner :D If you want to give it a go again with sports tire, I would love to hear your feedback.
I might give it a go without ABS to see if I can still get a faster time - I know that without I would've locked before the chase since I had to brake pretty hard and I broke right after the high speed corner. I also probably would've locked them up on Griffins bend as well. Otherwise I was pretty soft on inputs.

I'll definitely try out the sports hards at some point but honestly I have no complaints with the drive on comfort softs. I love how active it is and how much work it requires to keep it straight without losing speed.

I might give it a go without ABS to see if I can still get a faster time - I know that without I would've locked before the chase since I had to brake pretty hard and I broke right after the high speed corner. I also probably would've locked them up on Griffins bend as well. Otherwise I was pretty soft on inputs.

I'll definitely try out the sports hards at some point but honestly I have no complaints with the drive on comfort softs. I love how active it is and how much work it requires to keep it straight without losing speed.

The real car has no ABS and fitted with Alcon Race Brakes system, so you will need to adjust brake balance to suit :)

Any tips for no abs driving? I haven't done much of it in GT6

With the replica have racing brakes kit, I would suggest to start with 0/0 brake balance then 0/10 ( rear higher ), and see how it goes ( it will still have front bias and can lock up ).
GT6 brake balance do not work the same as in GT5, each car has preset bias ( usually toward the front ) - it's inside car parameter, so brake balance only alters sensitivity and the force applied to some extent. If you find with 0/0, the front keeps locking first long before rear do, increase rear to 0/10 ( trust me, even with rear bias setting, the front usually lock first, but the rear will soon follow quickly ( reduce rear until you find good balance ) This also give more rotation under trail braking.

EDIT : Got the Audi R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix tune updated - complete now. Feel free to try it if you have the car :)

Last edited:
With the replica have racing brakes kit, I would suggest to start with 0/0 brake balance then 0/10 ( rear higher ), and see how it goes ( it will still have front bias and can lock up ).
GT6 brake balance do not work the same as in GT5, each car has preset bias ( usually toward the front ) - it's inside car parameter, so brake balance only alters sensitivity and the force applied to some extent. If you find with 0/0, the front keeps locking first long before rear do, increase rear to 0/10 ( trust me, even with rear bias setting, the front usually lock first, but the rear will soon follow quickly ( reduce rear until you find good balance ) This also give more rotation under trail braking.

EDIT : Got the Audi R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix tune updated - complete now. Feel free to try it if you have the car :)
Gave it another 30 mins with your brake bias settings with no abs - laid down a 2:21.327 after about 35 mins and there's still time being left on the track. Going with no abs is an entirely different animal. You really have to memorize brake points well and hit them very precisely.

Gave it another 30 mins with your brake bias settings with no abs - laid down a 2:21.327 after about 35 mins and there's still time being left on the track. Going with no abs is an entirely different animal. You really have to memorize brake points well and hit them very precisely.

That's a great time there mate :) Yep, no abs makes you more alert to the track braking point and requires more precision, when you change cars/tire or increase power, and with more time, you will develop ability to quickly adapt and judge braking points like a sixth sense :lol: I find that these skills very important when racing bumper to bumper :D

That's a great time there mate :) Yep, no abs makes you more alert to the track braking point and requires more precision, when you change cars/tire or increase power, and with more time, you will develop ability to quickly adapt and judge braking points like a sixth sense :lol: I find that these skills very important when racing bumper to bumper :D
Thanks - it's weird - I'm finding that I've improved a lot more on gt6 than I did through the course of 5. I still need to become more consistent though. And that's pretty much my fault - I have an inclination to push too hard for my own good at times. I'm also noticing that we take very similar lines on Bathurst - I just go further inside through Griffin's bend, wider on the exit of quarry and farther in through frog hollow. When going down the mountain I go a bit farther in when entering skyline and keep it very close to the walls one entry all the way down - I usually am almost touching the wall through Forrest's elbow so that I have room when the throttle on understeer starts as I'm pretty aggressive on the accelerator there. You're smoother than I am through the chase and Murrays corner.

This is a review of the Mighty Mouse by S.T.S.

This tune is pretty impressive. It's extremely stable and easy to drive. Its only fault is some understeer on exit but that's to be expected in a car like this. It rotates extremely well in corners and for the most part if you point it in a direction it's going to stick. It can cook the tires a bit on exit so probably not recommended for any race that lasts for a while but it's really a great drive.

This is a review of the "Top Secret" GTR by S.T.S

This is a review of the now defunct version 1

This one I wasn't so much of a fan of and it reflects in my time. The car just generally feels heavy in a sense that there's a huge weight shift on input that makes the car feel slow to respond. It also understeers way too much for my liking mid corner and on exit. It does rotate, and it can kick out the rear, but I just don't find heavy understeer followed by oversteer if you correct with steering input or brake input to be a very pleasing drive. Consistency in response is one of the things that goes heavily into how much I like a car. It's very sensitive on the edges of tracks and kerbs as well so you have to be a bit careful with your racing line to keep it pretty much entirely on track.

This is a review of version 2

Can I just say that these guys care about their work? The last thing I expected when I said I didn't like this car was a retune done specifically to match my preferences.

As the time shows, I liked this one much better (over 2 seconds faster) -- it retains most of the traits of the original car (inclination towards understeer and oversteer under heavy throttle or steering input) except in a way more tame fashion. Instead of getting in the way, the understeer makes it handle as if it's on rails and the oversteer can be nicely induced to have some fun drifts or even make the car rotate should the bit of understeer that's left (still a little bit in low speed corners - mostly on entry and nothing not recoverable). The weighty feeling of the car is entirely gone and its reactions are very precise. It also does the exact same thing every time which makes it very predictable and easy to put down consistent laptimes. Great job!

And since I know they want it rated - the revision gets a 95/100

Last edited:
Th
This is a review of the Mighty Mouse by S.T.S.

This tune is pretty impressive. It's extremely stable and easy to drive. Its only fault is some understeer on exit but that's to be expected in a car like this. It rotates extremely well in corners and for the most part if you point it in a direction it's going to stick. It can cook the tires a bit on exit so probably not recommended for any race that lasts for a while but it's really a great drive.
Thanks for the review! Can you please rate it in 0/100 scale? That way I can add your review to my shop! Stop by and try some more tunes anytime!

Last edited:
Th

Thanks for the review! Can you please rate it in 0/100 scale? That way I can add your review to my shop! Stop by and try some more tunes anytime!
That's a bit tricky for me as I really either like a car or I don't so it's either going to score really well or really poorly. If I had to I'd say CRX 95 ish, GTR 40 or 50

This is a review of the "Top Secret" GTR by S.T.S

This one I wasn't so much of a fan of and it reflects in my time. The car just generally feels heavy in a sense that there's a huge weight shift on input that makes the car feel slow to respond. It also understeers way too much for my liking mid corner and on exit. It does rotate, and it can kick out the rear, but I just don't find heavy understeer followed by oversteer if you correct with steering input or brake input to be a very pleasing drive. Consistency in response is one of the things that goes heavily into how much I like a car. It's very sensitive on the edges of tracks and kerbs as well so you have to be a bit careful with your racing line to keep it pretty much entirely on track.
This tune is being updated by iSLaNd_CuRt! Thanks for the feedback. We assure you this wont happen again! In the mean time, I recommend you to try out some of my other tunes!

RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (Touge Monster) 550pp
S2000 R1 '04 (Black Titan) 500pp
Honda CIVIC SIR-II (EG) '95 (Midnight-KING) 450pp

Last edited:
Thanks for the review!!

If you dont mind me asking what track are you racing this on, and the understeer i will work on. I personally like understeer corrected by oversteering my cars.

Thanks for the review!!

If you dont mind me asking what track are you racing this on, and the understeer i will work on. I personally like understeer corrected by oversteering my cars.
Trial mountain - you really don't have to change it. It's just not my preference in a car. I just have a preference for slight oversteer and am not really a fan of cars that slide around due to going between understeer and oversteer. I like to have one or the other.

Trial mountain - you really don't have to change it. It's just not my preference in a car. I just have a preference for slight oversteer and am not really a fan of cars that slide around due to going between understeer and oversteer. I like to have one or the other.

New tune is going up now

This is a review of the Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 by Ridox Replica Tunes

This car is properly quick but it will bite your head off. The laptime isn't the fastest that I can go because this car is extremely sensitive. My normal line around Cutting throws it into oversteer on exit and going through the esses does the same thing. It has some throttle on oversteer as well. It's clear that this car requires some adjustment of your driving style to tame it and it seems as if I need to do a bit more of it. For example taking my normal line around Griffin's bend has a -10 MPH difference between taking a wider line simply because this thing lose speed and destabilizes significantly when you go near kerbs.

The brakes are exceptional on this car and one thing I did discover is that you almost want them to lock up a bit before you corner as they get the car to start rotating. You do have to be very careful though as this can just as easily cause the car to oversteer and once it starts it will snap pretty easily.

This was used with the settings that ridox has listed as the "stock" ones (i.e. soft suspension and the like)

This car is properly quick but it will bite your head off. The laptime isn't the fastest that I can go because this car is extremely sensitive. My normal line around Cutting throws it into oversteer on exit and going through the esses does the same thing. It has some throttle on oversteer as well. It's clear that this car requires some adjustment of your driving style to tame it and it seems as if I need to do a bit more of it. For example taking my normal line around Griffin's bend has a -10 MPH difference between taking a wider line simply because this thing lose speed and destabilizes significantly when you go near kerbs.

The brakes are exceptional on this car and one thing I did discover is that you almost want them to lock up a bit before you corner as they get the car to start rotating. You do have to be very careful though as this can just as easily cause the car to oversteer and once it starts it will snap pretty easily.

This was used with the settings that ridox has listed as the "stock" ones (i.e. soft suspension and the like)

Thanks for giving the R8 a go and giving informative feedback, looks like 1.03 didn't really fix all MR cars :( Try to reduce rear bias brake balance if the car becomes too loose and the kerbs are bad news for almost all cars when fitted with racing tires - very slippery ( the tires that rides on the kerbs causes sudden grip changes - any steering input will unsettle the car violently ). Depending on track and driving style, I listed several spring rates ( soft to super hard ), maybe using harder spring rate will make the car more stable for you. I will drive the car again and make some more fine tuning later.

:cheers:

Last edited:

I managed a very similar lap time round Bathurst with a few places where I could gain some time too (The cutting, quarry, dipper and I got oversteer through murray's corner as caught the grass with a rear tyre at the last part of my braking). I think a 2:07.xxx or less could be on the cards with someone who's more skillful than me behind the wheel.

It's properly quick if you can hold it together but its an easy consistent 2:09 lap after lap if you don't push too hard which is pretty nice. I really do think it's improved since the update, especially under braking.

Back