Re-Unleash The Power Of The Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak + The Cultus

United Kingdom
derby
Reessorules
I started playing GT2 at the age of 5. the suzuki escudo was the car to have, it was basicly the x1 of the game. in gt5 i was a little upset that its limited to 200mph no matter what we do to the gearbox.

I For-one would love to see the power of this machine to be reintroduced back into the monster it once was.

The cultus should also reinstated back into the game right next to its bigger brother.

Does anyone else agree or are you happy that PD limited the top speed of this monster or do you think it should be banished from the game altogether?

I started playing GT2 at the age of 5. the suzuki escudo was the car to have, it was basicly the x1 of the game. in gt5 i was a little upset that its limited to 200mph no matter what we do to the gearbox.

I For-one would love to see the power of this machine to be reintroduced back into the monster it once was.

The cultus should also reinstated back into the game right next to its bigger brother.

Does anyone else agree or are you happy that PD limited the top speed of this monster or do you think it should be banished from the game altogether?

I think the top speed being limited to 200 MPH is based on the real tranny in the car.

But that car along with the cultus, along with the other Pikes Peak monsters and the Pikes Peak itself should be in GT6.

The difference between GT2 Escudo and GT5 Escudo is realism. It's not the transmission, it's trying to get a box of a rally car to 200+ mph despite tons of drags. It's hard even for a 1000 hp engine.

I'm very glad that the Escudo can't go 270 mph anymore, because that's only something you'd expect in an arcade game. If you want to go 270 mph, you can grab a X1, and at least it will make sense.

the difference between gt2 escudo and gt5 escudo is realism. It's not the transmission, it's trying to get a box of a rally car to 200+ mph despite tons of drags. It's hard even for a 1000 hp engine.

I'm very glad that the escudo can't go 270 mph anymore, because that's only something you'd expect in an arcade game. If you want to go 270 mph, you can grab a x1, and at least it will make sense.

+1

The wing man, the WING...!

I'm surprised it can do 200.

A whale tail wing on a mustang lowers quarter mile times by 3/10ths. That's significant for basically 0-120mph.

Last edited:
I also remember from gt2 that it has two engines. One front and one rear. And it has a total of 1000hp. So it's not one big 1000hp engine.
That was the Cultus, which was also down a couple hundred horsepower to the Escudo. The Escudo has always had the same single 2.5L V6 engine as opposed to a pair of 1.5L ones.

Toronado
That was the Cultus, which was also down a couple hundred horsepower to the Escudo. The Escudo has always had the same single 2.5L V6 engine as opposed to a pair of 1.5L ones.

Correct. My fault. Edited!

For the heck of it I made a crummy Escudo and ran CFD on it.

3000 lbf of drag at 200 mph. 1000 lbs from the rear wing, 370 from the canards and splitter. At 981 hp, it's limited to 160 mph. With 1800 hp (GT4 Stage 4 turbo) it will just barely reach 200 mph.

This would probably be an upper bound on drag though as my model is probably sloppier and draggier than the real thing. Especially the wings. Also, the car would only be so draggy when configured for maximum downforce, which probably would not happen if it was gunning for max speed.

2r280na.png

vnczk0.png

What is forgotton is that these cars are built to be as fast a possible in every way except top speed. The tracks they race on are like a can of noodles dumped on a countertop. What counts is acceleration, braking, and cornering, not top speed.

Yeah it was basically castrated after GT2.

mrluckypants
What is forgotton is that these cars are built to be as fast a possible in every way except top speed. The tracks they race on are like a can of noodles dumped on a countertop. What counts is acceleration, braking, and cornering, not top speed.

If you're talking about pikes peak, the entire run is paved now, so the track isn't... like driving on noodles :lol:

For those of you wondering, those massive wings are designed big to help give the car more down-force in the thinner air found at such high elevations of the Pikes Peak pass, if they were lower they'd use more conventionally sized wings (albeit still rather large, but not bench-sized).

If you're talking about pikes peak, the entire run is paved now, so the track isn't... like driving on noodles :lol:

He meant that the track has short stretches and lots of curves. So... yes it's still like driving on a noodle. The road surface has nothing to do with it.

Not without a Pikes Peak, or at least hillclimb course, otherwise there's nowhere long enough and windy enough for these cars to do what they're meant for.

I myself am a fan of Suzuki escudo pikes peak car! MAn it was a monster. I still don't understand why they limited its top speed to 200 mph? I personally think even with that big spoiler on its back it has so much horsepower that it can go faster than 200 mph also it will produce massive downforce. Am not in favour of it going insanely fast but c'mon at least it should be able to compete against the Toyota GT 0ne or other super fast cars.can someone answer? i have gone through above discussion, not much of response. Thank you.

I myself am a fan of Suzuki escudo pikes peak car! MAn it was a monster. I still don't understand why they limited its top speed to 200 mph? I personally think even with that big spoiler on its back it has so much horsepower that it can go faster than 200 mph also it will produce massive downforce. Am not in favour of it going insanely fast but c'mon at least it should be able to compete against the Toyota GT 0ne or other super fast cars.can someone answer? i have gone through above discussion, not much of response. Thank you.

wasn't that answered in earlier posts?

The performance of the Escudo in GT2 was totally unrealistic. The fact that it appears in arcade races against Le Mans Prototypes is aggravating. Since I'm against one-off cars that don't fit into any particular class/category appearing in the game I'm not a fan of it being in GT6 to be honest.

It only makes since if we have a hillclimb track. Otherwise we don't need it.

I personally think even with that big spoiler on its back it has so much horsepower that it can go faster than 200 mph
Well, it can't.

compete against the Toyota GT 0ne or other super fast cars.can
Not even close. If it could, we would see Escudo like cars at LeMans.

It only makes since if we have a hillclimb track. Otherwise we don't need it.
We don't really need anything, the car is also capable of driving on any track so I don't see why it should only be in game if there is a Pikes Peak. The peak would be nice, but it's not a requirement for the car.

Tornado

NjLowrider
Correct. My fault. Edited!

This misconception was because the description of the Escudo in GT2 claimed it had two engines. This claim should have only been applied to the Cultus.

So, PD's mistake in a game with many errors and glitches.

For the heck of it I made a crummy Escudo and ran CFD on it.

3000 lbf of drag at 200 mph. 1000 lbs from the rear wing, 370 from the canards and splitter. At 981 hp, it's limited to 160 mph. With 1800 hp (GT4 Stage 4 turbo) it will just barely reach 200 mph.

This would probably be an upper bound on drag though as my model is probably sloppier and draggier than the real thing. Especially the wings. Also, the car would only be so draggy when configured for maximum downforce, which probably would not happen if it was gunning for max speed.

What programme did you use for this? :drool:

Back