Reached some sort of ceiling

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheMarco
  • 54 comments
  • 6,337 views
I actually wish the races were harder. I did all-stars on the first try, except for nurburg where I got spun and then completed it on the restart. As for the historic race car cup, you just need a tuned out lambo countach with a rear wing and take them in the first corner. After that it's just safe driving/blocking.
 
just leave that event until you get to level 21 so you can do the like the wind event and get the minolta race car, that thing is more than fast enough to easily win the all stars event
 
Yeah, I'm running into that wall as well. Started at lvl 19, and as I hit lvl 21 today, there's no sign of relief. Haven't done GT All Stars yet, but I finally got a car to do it with today. Maybe things will get a little better. I still need to do the historic race, and have no idea where I'll get one of those old race cars.

B-Spec should be a cash cow, but it's turning into a money pit. I figured I could save money by just giving my drivers the same cars I used in A-Spec. Not so. I end up spending even more money on these cars so that my drivers will be competitive. When they do win, it's often by two secs or less. The truck race was an excellent example. I spent $30k reducing weight, adding power and modifying gear ratios on top of the setup I had already won the A-Spec race with. My driver comes in 9th place. I spent another $20k, and that, along with constantly telling him to increase his pace got him the win by four tenths of a second.
 
I definitely hit the wall in the GTCW Nordschleife race. The faster the cars get and the more that precision is required, the more I struggle with the 6ax. I'm going to give the HKS Racing Controller a shot and see if that is any better. If not then I'll be stuck waiting on cheat codes or recruiting someone's kid to help me out.
 
That part of the game if wierd, you get the historic race car which is incredibly hard, the all-star race and like the wind... Then, at level 22, you unlock some really easy races (I'm lapping people...) where you get tons of cash (around 90k).

If it can help you, here's how I done all-stars. I played in special event to get lvl21, then I did "Like the wind", using the corvette ZR1 and the mazda car you get early in B-spec (3rd amateur cup I think). Then, with the car you get from "Like the wind", I won wuite easily all-stars.

Still, I can't find a car good enough for historic race cars champ...

Ok sounds like a strategy. I'm almost lvl 20 so I can do Like the Wind probably tonight even. With the ZR1.

Will try this!
 
I have no idea how the Furai can stand any chance at all against the cars in the all star event. only 595 hp and 323 lb ft of tourque MODDED? how the hell could it possibly win. I used my gamestop mclaren f1 fully modded and only managed 2nd place overall. I got 1,2,4,2,4 places. the last track (rt 246 tokyo) kept screwing me up. I only lost by 50 pts in the end. (235 vs 295 pts)

If I just do that one last race individually and come in first place, will I win the entire championship? Or do I have to do the entire thing all over again?
 
I have no idea how the Furai can stand any chance at all against the cars in the all star event. only 595 hp and 323 lb ft of tourque MODDED? how the hell could it possibly win. I used my gamestop mclaren f1 fully modded and only managed 2nd place overall. I got 1,2,4,2,4 places. the last track (rt 246 tokyo) kept screwing me up. I only lost by 50 pts in the end. (235 vs 295 pts)

If I just do that one last race individually and come in first place, will I win the entire championship? Or do I have to do the entire thing all over again?

The furai is also one of the lightest cars in the game, and handles like a dream. Power to weight ratio is decent, but that isnt everything. Anyone who has driven a fully modded Toyota 7 will tell you that.
 
Yeah, the Historic Race Cars event and All-Stars event in expert is killing me. That and the fact I've been screwed over by th AI during these events have made it a pain. But I think my ceiling is the controller.

I went to a friends place and tried these same races with his G27. F'n awesome. The turning radius is soooo much better. I am proud of myself for getting this far with a dualshock though. But, to me, some of the special events are too hard to get gold with. I'll keep trying though.
 
The quick answer is get good enough to not make that mistake.

But realistically is there anything further you can do to tweak your car and give you a bit of an edge?

GT is a lot about skill, but simultaneously it's a lot about what you bring to the knife fight. You don't necessarily have to bring a gun, but it doesn't hurt to at least bring a bigger knife than everyone else.

Did you say a bigger knife :sly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4 But anyhoo what you need chum is a faster car :)
 
Enjoy it while you can. It gets better... and worse.

:lol:
 
I used my Mclaren F1 Stealth in the All star event, won three 1st place, a 3rd and a 5th. Won the championship with a tie score but since I got three 1st place I was the champion. It's one of the most exciting events for me, it will really make you concentrate more if your car has slight disadvantage and make you push harder to gain a few second lead against the opponents. I think it will be too easy if you use the minolta car and just remove the challenge of the event.
 
Yeah, the Historic Race Cars event and All-Stars event in expert is killing me. That and the fact I've been screwed over by th AI during these events have made it a pain. But I think my ceiling is the controller.

I went to a friends place and tried these same races with his G27. F'n awesome. The turning radius is soooo much better. I am proud of myself for getting this far with a dualshock though. But, to me, some of the special events are too hard to get gold with. I'll keep trying though.


That's something I've been wondering... do I get the full range of turning motion with the analog stick on the ds3 controller?

The biggest problem I "feel" with the controller is that every movement I make is almost always in these big 20%'ish increments.
 
That's something I've been wondering... do I get the full range of turning motion with the analog stick on the ds3 controller?

The biggest problem I "feel" with the controller is that every movement I make is almost always in these big 20%'ish increments.

It really does feel like I have more steering with my g27, but it may be psychological.
 
Friends, why are we putting ourselves through the headache? Don't attempt to race LMP's and Group C cars with anything that can't turn as good as they can. Sure we all love a challenge, but sometimes is it worth your sanity? I took one look at that race and said I'll come back for them later when I feel like buying one of those cars of if I win one in the Like the Wind(heard that you get the Toyota 88C-V). I'm at level 21 and I just hit the Nascar series, I still have a whole lot of racing I haven't even touched yet, let alone looked at. Right now I'm just strategizing what to do next. Go for all golds? Do more Special Events? Finish all the earlier races just to pad my garage with more cars? I tackle events if I have the car and if I actually feel like doing them at the time. Hopefully the credit patch for online comes real soon, as I need a smarter way to raise money and have a ton of good races without guessing what type of tires to run against the field.

Just use a car you see in the line up, you have to be pretty good with cars lower than what you are racing against. The McLaren F1 should be able to beat and bang with them, but you might have to increase the HP to ungodly levels though. It's close to their weight and stops mighty fast...reminds me I need to buy me one of those.
 
After reading this thread I thought, man I have to try with my highly modified 800+ hp GT-R '07. This really is awesome. I got second place in the first race. A couple of seconds behind the first car. I'm gonna try some more later. But with some more aggressive driving I'll be in first soon, ;-)

I'm on lvl 20 now but no way I'm gonna be stuck there. So many things to do to get xp. Did you people who say they are stuck get all gold on licenses and specials? That'll bring you serious xp.
 
When I reached lvl 19, I took a two day break from GT5. I thought I hit a ceiling, but it was actually more of needing some time away from the game after having played so much of it (by my standards). I returned to the game refreshed - now at lvl 23 and still going strong!
 
Level 25 still, getting exceptionally close to Level 26, just saw the Lengthened Ending Movie. It just never lets up with the fun.
 
I'm at lvl 22 and I've hardly touched the A spec races, I haven't even completed the beginner races. I don't see the problem that some are having, just try and gold some licenses and special events.
 
The problem is returning to the lower series races with an underpowered car doesn't help your XP or credits very much. Also the randomness of the used car lot keeps you from accessing cars you need (and want). The lack of credits is really frustrating me right now, and as mentioned your B-Spec driver doesn't help because he is terrible which requires you to tune up his car to win even the easiest race. I've been stuck at level 17 for nearly 3 days now, just grinding license tests, special events and other races to earn the XP needed. I'd rather rerun the A-Spec events with different cars for a challenge but the AI is so iffy I either smoke them by several seconds or get shoved off course. Neither is really my idea of "fun".
 
Have you guys been Golding all the races, specials etc.?

I'm almost lv20 and had no grind what-so-ever.! Not touched an expert event yet either
 
Guess I'll try the Furai for allstars. I have made a couple of runs at it in the GT-R GT500 and won the first race (not by much) but crashed in the second race both times while trying to catch the lead car.
 
I'm in the same situation with the GT All Stars event. I have the ZR1 RM, and if I were a demon at the wheel I'd be able to win, but I can't seem to get past the Bentley Speed 8 Race car (he leaves me the in the dust), which puts me in 2nd...then I'll make one tiny mistake and I get nailed by the Mazda 787B thats always up my ass...and then I get knocked back to 7th or 8th...except for the Nurburgring, which I some how pulled off a 3rd place finish.

I've decided to just grind it out until I can afford to buy an LMP car...like the Audi R10 or something.
 
You are driving too hard, thats all i can say if youre getting a massive lead and losing it in one go. Youre opponents wont drive at 100%. You should try doing the same, not driving as totally fast as possible, thats what i do in unrestartable races. Take them nice and stably, not OTT for me, only about 80-90% of what i know i can do. This will avoid stupid mistakes that destroy a massive lead.

Its taken Five GT's to figure this out for me...
 
Just skip that race until you get a better can like the Zonda R 09 or a real race car.... I was in the same type of ceiling.... decided to move on and lv up, come back later and slaughter the competition... The ZR1 is just extremely hard to win with...
 
Back