Reactions

• Thread starter JaeDan 101
  • 15 comments
United States
Los Santos, San Andreas
complex_remark8
It would be great if there are additional reactions in this site. Like reacting "HaHa" in a post, not just "like".

This would be a cool feature. It seems to have swept across many social platforms within the past couple years.

This would be a cool feature. It seems to have swept across many social platforms within the past couple years.
I got cool ideas for reactions:

HappyWheels - Agreeing to a post. This pic literally shows a car with a smiley face:
b64932a5c5f8f265a86f18d8619a1031.jpg

BOO - Disagreeing to a post. This one shows an angry car:
WK-AG302_car_20060309175744.jpg

THUG LIFE - Saying "I don't care" to a post
maxresdefault.jpg

sorry for non related post

I was thinking something closer to small emoji style reacts, similar to FaceBook or Discord.

It's going to be better if there are other reactions. Not just "like"
Honestly, although the Like feature is good, it causes some problems by itself. That would only be magnified with other one-click reactions, particularly negative reactions.
I was thinking something closer to small emoji style reacts, similar to FaceBook or Discord.
That doesn't necessarily make them a good fit here. As the FAQ states:
GTPlanet is not just another disposable “video game forum” – it is a community and a home for thousands of like-minded people which has thrived for more than a decade. These rules have always been in place, and remind everyone to put a little more thought into what they’re contributing to the community. In turn, this creates a more pleasant and attractive place for everyone.
Which is not something that can be said about social media.

While not relating directly to the wider spread of "reaction" buttons (who knows what GTP16 will bring?), @Jordan has previously stated he has no plans to add a "dislike" button to GTP.

That doesn't necessarily make them a good fit here. As the FAQ states:
To be clear, I did not suggest reacts would be a good fit for the site. I specifically made a second post describing what was going through my mind because GTP is a very tidy looking forum and I believe it should stay that way. I was not questioning why GTP has the rules it has. 👍

The reactions have to stay positive but convey emotions other than "like".

Agreed, but I've noticed elsewhere even some of the positive ones start to be used in what appears to be a sarcastic, passive aggressive fashion! i.e. Funny is either "I'm laughing at you because you're stupid", or "Hey, that's funny"

I joined GodotForums.org, which is Vanilla-Forums-powered and has these choices, with no wacky unappealing emoji (with imitations of the associated icons):
  • Like 👍
  • Insightful 💡
  • Awesome <3
  • LOL :lol:
The only one that can be abused any more than Like is LOL, as described just above. But on the other hand, a pile of Likes on a post picking on another member (toeing within the AUP) is already a thing.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back