reactivate MenuBooks

• Thread starter MaxP
  • 20 comments
Germany
Germany
Hello,
I haven't played any menu books for a long time and now they can't be reactivated. I no longer have a yellow icon on a next task and I can look at the uncompleted menu books but cannot click on anything in a menu book. For example, when I complete a required race from menu #40, it doesn't show up in the menu book. As I said, I don't get the yellow icon.
In the menu book selection, I can only click on archive at the bottom, "Menu books" next to it has a gray background and cannot be clicked.

Help!

Last edited:
Hallo,
Ich habe lange keine Menübücher mehr abgespielt und nun lassen sie sich nicht mehr aktivieren. Ich habe kein gelbes Symbol mehr bei einer nächsten Aufgabe und kann mir die unvollständigen Menübücher ansehen, aber nichts in einem Menübuch anklicken. Wenn ich beispielsweise ein erforderliches Rennen aus Menü Nr. 40 abschließe, wird es nicht im Menübuch angezeigt. Wie gesagt, ich bekomme das gelbe Symbol nicht.
In der Menübuchauswahl kann ich nur unten auf Archiv klicken, daneben ist "Menübücher" grau hinterlegt und nicht anklickbar.

Hilfe!
Du musst auf Englisch schreiben !
Forum language is English ! ;) Guess your translation got lost underway ...

Last edited:
Hello,
I haven't played any menu books for a long time and now they can't be reactivated. I no longer have a yellow icon on a next task and I can look at the uncompleted menu books but cannot click on anything in a menu book. For example, when I complete a required race from menu #40, it doesn't show up in the menu book. As I said, I don't get the yellow icon.
In the menu book selection, I can only click on archive at the bottom, "Menu books" next to it has a gray background and cannot be clicked.

Help!
Can you provide images (or better still video) of the issue with your console's capture features?

Can you provide images (or better still video) of the issue with your console's capture features?
779A72A9-7DFC-438B-97BC-2CA064468F14.jpeg
C7E0228C-209B-4B4F-BB28-2A0811EACEF6.jpeg
6B8C126E-6C4C-4CC3-8F90-601C2A668B7D.jpeg

You've completed the Menu Book. You have all three stamps and it appears in Archive because you've completed it - on May 26th.

Each time you complete a stage of an active Menu Book, you get a stamp:
1662898024965.png

When you complete a Menu Book, it goes into the Archive, with the date you completed it marked:
1662897930234.png

Edit: Here, I've just completed the Menu Book and you'll see it's exactly like yours, only with today's date:

1662900020024.png

Last edited:
Which was the last menu book you completed?
I dont know.
You've completed the Menu Book. You have all three stamps and it appears in Archive because you've completed it - on May 26th.

Each time you complete a stage of an active Menu Book, you get a stamp:
View attachment 1192021

When you complete a Menu Book, it goes into the Archive, with the date you completed it marked:
View attachment 1192020

Edit: Here, I've just completed the Menu Book and you'll see it's exactly like yours, only with today's date:

View attachment 1192028
That's what it's all about, I don't have any menu books, only in the archive. But the last updates brought new menus and I haven't made any for months.

That's what it's all about, I don't have any menu books, only in the archive.
Then you have completed all the Menu Books. That's where they go when you have completed them.

I'm not following what your problem actually is here. You've shown completed Menu Books in the archive section, and they're there because you've completed them. You can't "reactivate" old Menu Books once you've completed them.

But the last updates brought new menus and I haven't made any for months.
The last new Menu Books were #43 and #44, added on July 28:

Last edited:
You should have an option for Extra Menu's, a number of the new menu's are there, these ones don't have any races attached to them. But there aren't that many new menu's that have been added since launch.

Hello,

Help!
You can't replay a menu book after you complete it .

They could give you random rewards for replaying, from a 1 Star up to 4. Or compensation for the cars you already have...

That could work for the type of menu books that are about winning races (or finishing top 3), but not so well for menu books about collecting cars. It wouldn’t work at all for the menu books about washing your car, completing the B1 license test or tuning your Porsche to 600 pp.

Personally, I would much rather see additional events rather than more menu books or even the ability to replay them. To be honest, just revamping the payout system making it more linear and consistent would be a HUGE boot to the replayability of events as well as Custom races which is desperately needed.

If they devoted more time to making Custom races more lucrative, easier to use, share creations, etc., that would be the answer to one of my biggests wishes for this game.

Personally, I would much rather see additional events rather than more menu books or even the ability to replay them. To be honest, just revamping the payout system making it more linear and consistent would be a HUGE boot to the replayability of events as well as Custom races which is desperately needed.

If they devoted more time to making Custom races more lucrative, easier to use, share creations, etc., that would be the answer to one of my biggests wishes for this game.
I agree. But from the short time I’ve been here and playing GT7, it seems unlikely.

The big problem is that almost all the curated race payouts are linear and consistent...on the cheap side. It is only the Meta 4 and the two hardest dirt races that get you more than 800,000 Cr./hour.

The other problem is that custom races are far cheaper than the curated ones.

The big problem is that almost all the curated race payouts are linear and consistent...on the cheap side. It is only the Meta 4 and the two hardest dirt races that get you more than 800,000 Cr./hour.

The other problem is that custom races are far cheaper than the curated ones.
They aren't consistent though as the payout amounts implemented for each seem random vs. based on factors like distance, time and difficulty. .....and Custom races are far from linear as there is a progressively steep point of diminishing returns as you add more laps / time. It makes no sense. A big reason I've avoided Custom and rather race in a select couple of Events that more worth the effort.

If payouts had a consistent system by which they were calculated, it would encourage more people (or me at least) to spend more time on other tracks, in other races and creating Custom creations.

Back