Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 526 comments
What I would like to know:

• Will there be telemetry UDP options to use external dashboards?
  • Can we map all buttons on our wheels, so that we can access certain stuff fast? (fueltrim, TC, Brakebalance)

By 'more World circuits events' they also mean also that more championships, endurance races and different types of events will be added with updates? If I understood correctly?

Big fan of GT Planet, but this article seems like it was just written to pull in traffic from simple Google queries.
Oh no! More traffic to the site to help pay for these resources most people get for free! How awful!

Many of the questions have actually been asked on the forums already. That's why they're on there.

"I".

And yes, that'll be coming, but as you've seen you need to play through a lot of the game to even see the tracks...

Same reason why I haven't put the big money-spinning races in there: literally haven't seen them yet, because I'm only 2/3rd of the way through the Menus.

Hey @Famine, quick correction!

This has been addressed at the Gran Turismo page: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_3426773.html
Yeah, we know they're coming - Kazunori already told us that, months ago - we just don't know what they are.

Hey @Famine, quick correction!

This has been addressed at the Gran Turismo page: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_3426773.html
Now this is interesting:

"Improvements to the penalty algorithm and overall quality of online races"

I'm guessing that means at launch Sports mode will be exactly like GTS is now and they are somewhat acknowledging that it's a mess. The last part about "overall quality" is appropriately PD vague and really makes me wonder how they plan to implement that.

Last edited:
What About Endurance races in GT7? Are these in single player career mode? And only about 1h like GTS?

Last edited:
How customizable is the on-screen info? I like it very minimal with the lap/pos# but prefer the map off. And only display the other stuff - like tires/fuel - as needed for specific races. Also, are replays full screen or still have the black bars?

I have a real important question that hasn't been answered either. What will happen to this game once the servers have been closed? Because let's remember that one of the biggest drawbacks of the game is that it requires a permanent connection.

On one hand, buying credits is pricey and thus shady.
On the other side, in Gran Turismo 2 I grinded endlessly on Red Rock Valley with an Escudo, so I guess this is just an extra alternative option for the more lazy players.

I was 10 years then and had all the time and zero money, now I have zero time and all the money so cant complain :D

Is the Fanatec CSL Elite supported on PS5 or PS4?
That's... quite literally in there already.
Forgive me if this has been answered here before, but does engine wear have any known impact on car performance?
What About Endurance races in GT7? Are these in single player career mode? And only about 1h like GTS?
Don't know yet.
How customizable is the on-screen info? I like it very minimal with the lap/pos# but prefer the map off. And only display the other stuff - like tires/fuel - as needed for specific races. Also, are replays full screen or still have the black bars?
You can turn bits off but not move it about (although I'd have to check). Replays are full screen on PS5... I think, but I can't speak for other consoles yet. I will check on those.
What will happen to this game once the servers have been closed?
Nobody knows, but we'll get a pretty good idea once GT Sport is shut down...

"GT7 will feature engine wear and tear which you’ll need to keep on top of with oil changes and engine refreshes."

Forgive me if this has been answered here before, but does engine wear have any known impact on car performance?

(To quote another reviewer on the matter: "the game makes no mention of how (if at all) this affects performance" https://www.newgamenetwork.com/article/2527/gran-turismo-7-review/)
I would assume engines wear like previous games that included the engine refresh. After a certain mileage, there was a linear power decrease.

Which leads to my question (@Famine), does an oil change upon purchase of a car give a 5% power increase like before?

Latest Posts

Back