Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 526 comments
I've noticed this months ago but never said anything until now, but on Special Stage route X the plane that flys over the elevated section of the course, is missing on GT7. Was it removed for PS4 users?

Example: My photo from GT Sport.

Attachments

• 7430962484034404368_0.jpg
    7430962484034404368_0.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 41
If I reset my PS5, is GT7 automatically stored in the cloud and I'm able to get all my data back? I'm having issues with my PS5 right now. Trying to see what method I can do without losing all my game progress.

Question of the day, from somebody that isn’t as far into the game as others. When I earn invitations to purchase special cars, should I be doing whatever I can in order to acquire them? If I pass on them now, am I likely to regret it later?

I currently have invitations for:
1) Aston Martin Vulcan ‘16 - $3,300,000, expiring Aug 14th
2) Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ‘13 - $2,000,000, expiring Aug 17th
3) Porche Carrera GT ‘04 - $2,300,000, expiring Sept 5th

I have roughly $6.3M in the bank.

Question of the day, from somebody that isn’t as far into the game as others. When I earn invitations to purchase special cars, should I be doing whatever I can in order to acquire them? If I pass on them now, am I likely to regret it later?

If you want those cars, get them now. There's no guarantee of getting an invite, let alone the one you want. You could be waiting months.

Get the ones you like now. Otherwise you may have to wait quite a while.

Which car & track is required to complete the trophies 🏆 311 mph and 373mph

I have a some questions.
I just upgraded to the PS5 and transferred my data over but my replays, race and scapes photos didn’t transfer over.
Is this normal or should I delete the game and data off the PS5 and try a second transfer from the PS4?

I also hadn’t played the game after the 1.20 update on the PS4 and before on the PS5. The first thing I did on the game on the PS5 version was the Seaside time trial and I was around a second slower than when I set my gold time on the PS4 before the 1.20 update?
I read in the update notes that there was a physics change. Could this be why I’m slower now?

I race on a G29 wheel with a TrueBrake mod on the pedals.
I didn’t see anything about a BOP change but I may have missed that information.

One more, what do most people prefer; frame rate or ray tracing mode? It appeared to me that frame rate was best for actual racing and replays but again, I just set up the PS5 and may not have all the settings correct. I’m try my best to do research but I’m admittedly not the most tech savvy person 😂.

Thanks in advance for any help that someone may be able to give me on these questions!

I don't have a PS plus subscription (now or ever and I double checked again) but I entered and raced in the daily race in Willow springs (I was going to to some qualifying laps and pressed the tick symbol - any other time it would redirect me to the PS store to buy a PS plus subscription). I got the achievement for racing in Sport for the first time also. Can someone explain me how that happened?

I don't have a PS plus subscription (now or ever and I double checked again) but I entered and raced in the daily race in Willow springs (I was going to to some qualifying laps and pressed the tick symbol - any other time it would redirect me to the PS store to buy a PS plus subscription). I got the achievement for racing in Sport for the first time also. Can someone explain me how that happened?
It's a free weekend special that PS+ is doing this weekend, make the best of it... free online play for everyone, advert gimmick to get more members

Last edited:
I want to know what it takes to get your garage upgraded to this
20220906_204152.jpg
From the smaller white garage?
I just got my 50 collector points, over 200 individual cars, but still have the small white garage. What is the criteria for the upgrade?
Thank you.

I want to know what it takes to get your garage upgraded to this
View attachment 1190809
From the smaller white garage?
I just got my 50 collector points, over 200 individual cars, but still have the small white garage. What is the criteria for the upgrade?
Thank you.
I may well be wrong but I believe it is linked to the number of cars you own rather than your Collector level.

Edit: Well Famine says otherwise and is probably right to be honest, as I said, I am not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Hey, does anyone know how to turn off the vehicle make/model notifications ingame when you overtake cars? Its so annoying to see constantly.

How can the pole position car be ghosted for an entire 4 lap race? It doesn't show up as a ghost in the replay.
If it's in an online race, connectivity issues - either for you or for them.

If your internet kicks you offline during an offline race WTC 700 Le Mans in this case is there anyway to recover the money from tht race when you finished it.

When I came back to the menu and it restored the online connection it reverted my bank balance back to pre-race total, I had presumed it would still give me the funds...

If your internet kicks you offline during an offline race WTC 700 Le Mans in this case is there anyway to recover the money from tht race when you finished it.

When I came back to the menu and it restored the online connection it reverted my bank balance back to pre-race total, I had presumed it would still give me the funds...
Nope. If you drop offline mid-race*, you won't record any progress at all.

*Not totally sure what happens if the online connection comes back while still mid-race; next time it happens, pause the game until it comes back and tell us!

Nope. If you drop offline mid-race*, you won't record any progress at all.

*Not totally sure what happens if the online connection comes back while still mid-race; next time it happens, pause the game until it comes back and tell us!
Thought as much! I shall now wreck revenge on my internet for lossing 825,000 credits. LOL!

(I have 39 million so it's no big loss!) :lol:

Question: in the music menu => race BGM there is a triangle to manage playlist. Yet if i press that button nothing happens? Anyone that can explain this feature?

Hello Famine. Is there anything in the works to enable an entity like Kudo to access Gt7 data and then have all the great rating et al information that they hosted for GTSport players. Seems like such a big loss.

Also, it sure would be nice to have brake balance back for daily races.

I really want to try to race online (for trophies) but I have a problem of lag.
The lag is due to me having an European account, but living in Japan.

I feel like I would take away the fun of others by the lag I have - the main reason why I have not done any online races yet. From which amount of lag will I truly disturb other’s experience?

(I really wish they could allow players to change their region (based on their location.)

Back