READ OP: The Ayrton Senna/Roland Ratzenberger tribute tales thread.

Singapore
On the move
SomePlayaDude
May 1st, and we know what day this is. (If you don't then, WHAA*pause*)

Rather than more pointless plugging and posting in my own story thread, I'd start a new thread to those wanting to make some Senna/Ratzenberger races or stories dedicating to their legend.

From driving karts (especially Senna's Kart), the NSX, the F3, and the 97T for Senna.

To driving classic LM Prototypes (Minolta comes to mind), the FGT and Touring Cars for Ratzenberger.

Or a drive in Monaco, or whatever. If you feel that it needs to be shown, and give respect for these two gentlemen, don't be afraid to post your own story.

This thread isn't for criticizing or making good story telling. This is the canvas to paint your own Senna related masterpiece. Don't be afraid to show a picture or a small blurb. You don't have to write something of my caliber. :D

You must take the compromise to win, or else nothing. That means: you race or you do not.
~ Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
1st May 2013 - the day when this was released..

SpecialStageRoute5_9.jpg

Happy 1st Anniversary, Legacy Of The Dark Horse.

But it won't stop there..

Presenting a special interview style page towards select characters.

As a proper tribute to Ayrton Senna..

Tragically passed in a crash this very day 20 years ago.

And to those oblivious to the facts.

ghLo5AD.png

Thank you all for coming in. For you all, we have only one question:

When you think "Ayrton Senna, the critically acclaimed racer", what are your brief thoughts?

Jacob Ross: Rider of the Dark Horse

"That's.. tricky. I've hardly gotten into racing the time Senna passed away. For someone like me, who's came into the game later than his prime, I'd say.. glad i knew about his Legacy. Why? He's the hero for the many kids of his home. Like him, I'd go so far to make my Pa', Nash, Sir Ben, and even Jess so proud. I'd like the national congratulations he got rather than fame.. or fortune.. or an alter ego."

Keith Ross: Carrier of his family's legacy

"Senna's a legend. I don't care what he's done, but he's like... the Tarzan... no wait.. that's not right. I look at him as, emmm.. an ideal racer: one that takes it seriously, but knows it's good fun at the same time. As much as i keep my ass on the racing seat, i'd want to see how's it like to be someone like him. How do you hold a flag under so much inertia.."

Murphy 'Murph' Barrister: Insanely fast racer

"Ahh.. Senna... mate's a real mad man. In fact, he's the very reason why i drive so bonkers much. I'd like to be the fellow that gets away with doing dirty and whack. Racing then was the buzz, it was! It's such a bore today!"

Clark Kayne: The Messiah

"I may be no Senna, but i want to be like him. He's a man who's not afraid to push his limits. No fear. No compromise. He's nobody's pawn. The epitome of a free man. *takes off cap and holds by chest* My respects to a man, so foolishly brave."

Fred McStevenson: Jaws like an alligator

"Say-ner? Gaww.. if you don't have a clue, then shooo! Go on, get outta here! *pause* Just kiddin, gehahah! Erhh.. this Senna guy. Nothing to say but rest in peace. Good guys like him don't hafta git the fate he's gone through.."

Isamu Adachi: Street Racing Oni

"... Senna-sama.. he's brought anew a light in racing, they say. He's brought the evil within other racers, they say. *sucks* A neutral view is what you're getting from me, but he won't be forgotten. It's not fair, his fate that had to happen. He deserves a second chance, if not his faith to God."

Paul Henderson: Untamed dragon

"Aye.. aside from Jackie Stewart.. Senna and McRae are always in me head for them idols that gave their life tragically. It's really sad for me to say... he won't be forgotten, with that Ratzenberger lad as well. Cheers, Senna, for what you did to us today, and have a good rest."

Boniface Richelieu: Purebred Racer

"Monsieur Senna was the racer of the century, for me, even! That's no lie. *rubs monocle* 20 years, it has been a life without such a man. A man, a devotee to God! He's a happy man, and probably happier up above. Repose en paix."

Leona Mashkov: Queen of Fortune

"Da! Senna was most evil of all good. He is brilliant strategist of the road. He took a car and pushes to limits unknown to men! We'd have been nothing, since it's his bravery that started street racing.. in my opinion. From me to him: God bless his soul."

Sonny Meng Xian Zhen: American Asian Badass

"Me? I can talk tons about that guy, Senna. What better way to remember the saddest day in racing ever? 1st May, and everyone i knew around my age cried. It was two months after my 10th birthday, and i put a new faith from my Camaro after that night of tears. Along with my mentors in life.. Senna's a guy i won't ever diss lah! *sniffs* Thanks so much.. ole, ole ole ole! Senna.. *sniffs* SEENNNAAA! *dragged away by Ghosts to console*"

Rin Nishimura: Goddess amongst queens

"Hi! So... Senna-san! He told me something. Not in a direct way, that is.. He said about breaking your limits, and go for first! No. Second is no. F-I-R-S-T. I will never understand why i do these things, but if he died trying to understand... i won't stop. Sayonara.."

Rodulf Sorensen: Justicar of his Law

"Amongst the vermin that squirm today, that man.. Ayrton Senna, is one that couldn't escape the verdict of Justice. He's sentenced to death! But.. he didn't have to be gone without me to stop him. He was one of the bests.. and if i have to uphold the Law, i wish he was alive to see me do so. I'm unhappy to say he's dead... but i am happy.. he's going to see me change this world!"

Daphne Anders: A legend in her own world.

"Gosh. It's twenty years already? Time travels when you forget a man of legend. We move on, but never forget the past. My pappa told me that, and since i heard of such a tragedy.. oh dearie me.. Please, Lord.. may our souls be saved from a grim fate.."

Ramlie Aji 'Lee': World's fastest South East Asian

"So sayang! Senna is like.. wow, ooohh, aaahh! You don't care what he do, but if it's fast? Yeahh! Makes me feel like a kid in front of the village people the days when he race. Hahahaha."

Hamza Abdul: Adventurer of the sands

"Mister Ayrton Senna is the epitome of a real adventurer! He breaks the limits set by those :censored:s, pardon me, of the FIA at the time. An inspiration, no doubt, myself included. Even though he's gone, we won't know before it's our turn. Until then, he'll be one of those that'll say remembered."

Nirvana Kellen: Enigma

"This man, Senna, is no mystery to any racer, but even i, Nirvana, won't turn back on what he believes in."

Nash Kirkham: Formerly an enigma

"We look back 20 years, and keep moving forward with the man's ideals at heart, and his goals slowly to accomplish soon. He's no way a crook, and despite the negativity of his past, I always see him and N.Z as heroes for your racing life, and i still do. May God mercifully bless him."

Lucia Weiss: Tuning prodigy

"Imola, 1994. It's history, i know, but Senna is an example of a real martyr in racing. A sacrifice for all of us. If you make a tune, you make it right, or be dead. The consequences taught me perfection is important, and Senna was the man we miss."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayato Matsumoto: A ninja in the world of racing (and my Senna tribute, initially)

"A.."

Ah, ah, ahh! I have something else for you, Moto-san.

Hayato: "Oh, really? Man... this is going to be exciting *sighs*"

Since you are, after all, my take on as 'some sort of tribute' to the great Senna, your voice isn't really important.

Hayato: "Gives me time to chill with Yoko, then. Why are you wasting my ti.."

Instead, you're going to volunteer for me. Be my Senna for today.

Hayato: "Volunteer? Hah! Listen to me... narrator voice guy! I may be a special blend of ninja and racer, and in it for my country and people, but I am, no way, uh uh, nope, NOT an Ayrton Senna, got that?"

Pity. It's too late to argue about it.

Hayato: "*plays with hands* Too laytuh.."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayato: "What in the?!"

Well, Moto-san, you recognize this place?

Hayato: "Umm.."

12762331903_74dbdd5c38_o.jpg

Hayato: "YEAH! It's Suzuka, in rain! Didn't you make my backstory?"

Correct. If you have to know, this is a place well known for Ayrton Senna battling it out with his lifetime rival Alain Prost.

Hayato: "More names? Just great.."

And let me say I'm glad i stopped you earlier. You really had no idea who Senna is, do you?

Hayato: "Erhh.. I'm a sucker for being uninformed a lot."

Nobody's perfect, Moto-san. We'll have to get through this together, okay?

Hayato: "Hai.."

Hayato: "Where the heck are we now?!"

Just outside Ronda. We're to take this for a spin.

Hayato: "This?"

13893079629_cd9c55d4bf_o.jpg

Hayato: "Even i know a nobody can recognize this NSX"

More importantly, the first one. But this one's branded as an Acura.

Hayato: "Acura? This is the US model?"

Yes.

Hayato: "Just look at those muffler tips!"

14076544542_51fdd97476_o.jpg

Hayato: "You know I'm a real fan of their V6 engines."

Yes. But on to the point: Ayrton Senna was a main innovator of the car before his tragic death in 1994.

Hayato: "More Ayrton this, Ayrton that, huh? You're not lying? This all for real?"

For real.

Hayato: "Well, it looks like i have to learn more about this Ayrton person as i go on."

14056593656_9699cc993c_o.jpg

Back in the drenched Suzuka.

Hayato: "Narrator-chan? Why are you talking like that?"

Force of habit.

Hayato: "I feel it."

Now, since we're not really in a realistic setting, how about you show me what you can do with this red NSX. It's tuned slightly but nothing major.

Hayato: "What i can do? Please.."

13893073817_05d37d0899_o.jpg

You're holding up fine.

Hayato: "Gaack!"

14056593256_3c69fed024_o.jpg

Nice overtake.

Hayato: "You! You.... narrator freak!"

You want me to shut up?

14056593186_858f02a262_o.jpg

Hayato: "YES!"

Then do me a favor: be aggressive.

Hayato: "Aggressive, huh?"

It's Senna's thing: to be aggressive. His focus on the track was, in a way, the best there ever was, and his aggression was justified in his skills to control it.

Hayato: "Alright, then.. (if he gets to shut up, at least)"

I can hear you.

Hayato: "D'oh!"

14056592906_8cd9ea04ff_o.jpg

After go karts, Senna began with racing in F1 from Toleman, but a more notable role is within his 2 years (85-87) in Lotus, with the well known black gold livery, and his start of competing seriously.

14056592856_8288dbe91f_o.jpg

His racing talent from F1 carried to other disciplines. But he wasn't really known outside F1 and being the man amongst his people. A well known trait of his: to bring out his national flag to commemorate his love and dedication towards his nation of Brazil.

14076543642_43f9635aa8_o.jpg

You might think: he's the best driver. He is, in a way. Not everyone thinks so. Very few, like Alain Prost, think of him as a villain. But the many supporters for the Brazilian made all public attacks backfire. From contact to other dangerous movement, Senna was a hazard to any that oppose his path, but it was, they say, the purest of all racing at the time.

14056592666_7e7822ed72_o.jpg

Of all of Senna's battles, the harshest ones was with Prost, but it's when they became partners for Honda McLaren (88-93) is where it all peaks. Working together while knocking heads? It's really something to watch. While Prost left for Ferrari in 89, Senna went on to stay with Honda McLaren till 93. The notable years of his career was in the rise, winning drivers championships from 90-92.

13893089998_f2d4537c2b_o.jpg

Half a lap, and i must say.. impressive job, Moto-san.

13893078309_a6170794e4_o.jpg

Hayato: "I'll be honest, Narrator-chan, but me and Suzuka go very well, especially in this weather. I'm not surprised to take over the whole line in half a lap. Just... letting you know."

Don't fret, i know. I made you, remember.

Hayato: "Ohh... right.."

How's the car, by the way?

Hayato: "It's fast, and responsive.. i like it, but could be better."

Better? Now, let's head out to a more foreign ground.

Silverstone!

13270075804_c49f648bf3_o.jpg

Hayato: "How did?"

I can do anything.

Hayato: "Like what? I'd like to see.."

*THUNDERBOLT*

Hayato: "NANIII?!"

Impressed?

Hayato: "*looks at sky* Isn't it.. sunny? The hell?!"

Now, since it was too easy in Suzuka, how about some challenge. Look over there.

14099744123_a53a020347_o.jpg

Hayato: "That.. isn't that a Huayra?"

Yep. I'd be happy to see your NSX try to top that!

Hayato: "Well.. bring it!"

Closing your eyes?

Hayato: "Shinzo-sama.. Yoko-chan.. my ancestors.."

I did think about it, but what's your Brazilian side of the family about?

Hayato: "...."

The silent treatment, huh?

Hayato: "You don't know?"

I'd not say.

Hayato: "It'll be all spilled soon enough. Now, i have to find ways to beat a Huayra in this!"

Hehe..

13893105080_728a34e47f_o.jpg

Hayato: "Hmm.. i never remembered that original NSX having paddle shifts.. wait!"

13893072717_9cb3371e9c_o.jpg

Hayato: "This is MY CAR!"

Or, you know.. Honda's. Which one's this? Jerry Seinfield's? Jay Leno's?

Hayato: "Stop. You angered me, and my ancestors... and for that, that bronze Huayra's toast!"

13893077869_23ee885d28_o.jpg

Remember, Moto-san. Be aggressive.

Hayato: "*plays with mouth* Bee aggressifu.."

14099743733_e0bcd09272_o.jpg

Hey, that's just right.. umm.. Moto-san?

13893077749_406ec8c423_o.jpg

SLOW DOWN, THAT'S TOO AGGRESSIVE!

Hayato: "You did say this Senna guy's a man of determination and aggression."

And focus. And selflessness. And cultural pride.

Hayato: "He's a lot like me, in a way."

Yes.. i kind of based him under you, but not in a 1:1 ratio.

Hayato: "Do tell."

14056591686_57acdbfbd5_o.jpg

Well, for starters, you're not Brazilian, just half. And you're narcissistic. And you have that ninja motif. If i had to make another Senna, it'd be not fully made of heart. I can't replicate an inspirational human being.

Senna's not only known as a hero, but a man with such a focus, the smallest interference would be enough leverage for him to start brawling by the pits.

14056591666_e36f53d98c_o.jpg

And you might be thinking.. these brawls by the pits made him a superman? No. Senna's known to have identified how frail human beings, like himself, are. He sees car crashes with other people hurt as a tragedy.

13893104280_c66aa93111_o.jpg

Second lap. You're looking good, but aggressive focus is your friend, as is Senna's.

13893104260_ecbbd61648_o.jpg

Hayato: "You don't want to shut up?"

Says a guy who talks with a recorder in speed.

Hayato: ".......touche."

14076499941_abfa5a66f6_o.jpg

You seem to know a lot about your car.

Hayato: "I'm one of the few owners of this. I feel that the sentimentality of Shinzo-sama's gift and love grants me the inspiration to bring out the car's top form."

And you're very aggressive, very well done.

Hayato: "It's easy, really. I know this car inside out like my own skills on track, and any angle, any speed, and it will obey my commands with loyalty. Not to mention the winds of my clan."

14079684595_862692d693_o.jpg

Good to see such a faith.

Hayato: "Heheheh.."

14079684345_713617c479_o.jpg

Ayrton Senna believes in his car similar to his faith in God. The cars he drove are analyzed and read by him. Sensed by him. He knew the car before the races, and he knew that any problem he senses will be immediately notified to his crew: a second family for Senna.

13893076649_e64026878a_o.jpg

A moment to show his skill was at 91's Grand Prix of Interlagos, Brazil, at his homeland. A gearbox issue had him stay at sixth gear, with 8 laps to go. Despite that, the whole race: he was up top, and unfazed. It was his moment of glory: to see his people cheer for him, especially it was his dream to win for his country, in his country, and his sixth gear issue? It's not stopping him.

13893103340_b16a428930_o.jpg

In fact, Senna's best laps and records were left unbeaten for very long. Imagine, if he was left alive today..

Last lap. Only two cars left, Moto-san.

14079683975_2a8e572778_o.jpg

Hayato: "Heh!"

You look different.

Hayato: "I've been listening to you. That man.. Senna. I can relate with him. He's a warrior by heart. Having faith in my clan, we are warriors of the night, willing to break the mold to succeed in out objective."

14056590286_a0a56b8a80_o.jpg

Senna wasn't ready to go without a bang. Numerous charities and organizations are built for relieving the suffering of Brazil. He's ready to provide his best for the future of the sport.

14099741383_634dfcef57_o.jpg

At when he was still alive, he was a hero. An icon. Everyone in his home of Brazil recognized him: a world sports idol, from Brazil: a poor country. He stood up for his people, and he isn't reluctant to do so.

14080176684_07a5249063_o.jpg

At the beginning of 1994, he left Honda McLaren and moved up to Williams. It was a turning point of his career, but everyone sees it now as a tragedy.

13893102450_b631254a51_o.jpg

Creeping up to the Huayra, now?

14076498261_46f7cfb176_o.jpg

Hayato: "He's faster, but he's coming to me!"

You've got this. Make the move when you can!

*SCRAPING SOUND*

13893102350_3df667977e_o.jpg

Hayato: "Mother ... sonofa..."

Just a scratch.

Hayato: "My... CAA~RR!" :crazy:

14079683075_9bc5bdd056_o.jpg

Don't lose focus!

Hayato: "I... knoo~ww" :guilty:

13893069767_1c6e689d97_o.jpg

Very well done, Moto-san.

Hayato: "For my clan.. victory! *sighs in relief*"

Hayato: "And now what?!"

You'll recognize it.

14076502791_8d65f946ac_o.jpg

Hayato: "This is... Yoko-chan's spot."

Yes.. and..

13893091558_dc45ed5626_c.jpg

Hayato: ".... I look.. ridiculous. Why this? You want to torment me?"

Don't be sad, Moto-san. I intended you to be my 'hero'.

Hayato: "....."

But then, i realized... I'd be insulting Senna to see you exist altogether at that time. You were to be a racer looked upon by the people as a hero. Your intent, as my tribute to Senna, was nothing but a failure.

And then, i decided that you deserve more. Your role in Dawn Of The Mythic is deserving to shine, both comically and seriously. Eagerly do I await the debut of Hayato Matsumoto.

Hayato: "*rubs eyes* ... Let's end this.. what happened to Ayrton?"

In his last year (94), Ayrton's third race in Imola gave him a shock: a man with a legacy.. Roland Ratzenberger, had a fatal crash during a practice run in the morning. This even was normally swept away with yet another crash later that weekend, during the race itself.

Another crash? And Ayrton Senna was the man in the cockpit. At first, it's just another Ayrton incident, but to the dread of so many, it turned out to be a fatal crash.

Ayrton Senna ended his career, on May 1st, 1994, in a fatal crash during the race weekend.

The world of racing haven't seen a darker day. The golden age has ended with the death of a man very well known as the ultimate racer.

But his footprint still stayed. His country still remembered him. His people would win the FIFA World Cup that year, and dedicate it all to Ayrton.

It was known that Ayrton carried another flag in his cockpit during the same race he crashed in.

An Austrian Flag, to respect the passing of Roland Ratzenberger, showing again his selflessness.

Engraved on his grave was "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus", translated as "Nothing can separate me from the love of God."

Formula One hadn't suffered any more fatalities, after such a devastating blow to the sport was seen with Senna's unfortunate death.

A year after his death, Instituto Ayrton Senna was founded by his sister Viviane. Dedicated to develop poor Brazilian children, the organization stands today to remember the legacy of this man.

Hayato: "Ahh!"

Hayato looks left and right, to see the skies dawn. Immediately pointing to his adjusted watch, it was 6 AM.

Hayato: "What's this place? Narrator-chan?"

A man standing by looked at him.

Hayato: "Shoo, get away!"

The same man walks away from the seat.

Hayato: "*stretches* (Could it be.. a dream?)"

Relaxing his athletic arms, the intercom then made an announcement.

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, we're now on our descent towards.. London Heathrow.

FIN TRIBUTE.

14079687435_133e6cc7e0_o.jpg

HRRKDTu.png

Written by SomePlayaDude - 1st May 2014

Content based on (very heavy, head there at own risk):

Legacy Of The Dark Horse

Dawn Of The Mythic

Behind The Mask - A Shinobi's Uprising (Gaiden)

Sources cited: Senna (documentary, 2010), Wikipedia article(s): Ayrton Senna, Honda NSX.

Last edited:
Eastside Los Angeles. 3 PM.

Just when the day seems to be normal, a red Ferrari approaches a small parking spot.

14280343600_177c45b677_b.jpg

??? 1: "There! Park there!"

??? 2: "Aiyoo, why is parking so hard to find around this part of L.A lah?"

??? 1: "Well, these are the places where the Latinos hang around. You know, the ones with low riders and calling people like us 'ese'."

??? 2: "You're not scared? At all?"

??? 1: "Nah. What about you? You're the all so great Sonny Meng."

Sonny: "Kirk, oh Kirk. You flatter me too much."

Kirk: "Better me than anyone that just wants you approval on how this car needs this o' that."

14465809304_806db9faff_b.jpg

Sonny: "And there we... go. You know, Kirk?"

Kirk: "Yeah, what now?"

Sonny: "What would i say.. if i was one of the dudes that tested this GTO in the past?"

Kirk: "🤬, i dunno. But one can see you seem to be smiling a lot more than the usual."

Sonny: "Yeah. I'd say: Whatever sorcery you put under the frame: don't change it. It's the problem of most production cars. You see abominations every day that 'improve' a car. I just don't get the idea."

Kirk: "Me neither. There are wings of glory, and wings for the heck of getting them on the car."

Sonny: "Never heard words like that since i was with Sir Ben."

Kirk: "Okay! Enough reminiscing. Let's not keep them waiting."

Exiting the GTO, Sonny and Kirk are headed away from the 288 GTO. But Kirk had other ideas. He approaches a small posse of suspicious men.

Kirk: "You! Ese! Got a moment?"

Latino: "What's up, holmes?"

Kirk: "Just wanting to see if you want pay for keeping an eye out. That. Red car. Expensive Ferrari. Owned by Sonny Meng the Asian-American Badass. Keep it untouched. We pay.. very well. You boys okay?"

Latino: "Si. You got a deal, holmes."

Kirk: "Alright. Thanks so much."

In a nearby cafe, Sonny and Kirk sit down on a reserved table.

Sonny: "So, you saying these are representatives from the Ayrton Senna Foundation?"

Kirk: "If that's what the E-mail said, then we better be meeting the real deal."

Sonny: "More questions."

Kirk: "Haul ass, Sonny."

Sonny: "Actually, just one. And i want to see how far ahead you are from me. 3... 2... 1... GO! E-mail quality. *finger snaps*"

Kirk: "*quickly* PDF. Signatures of the president and the representative. Virus scanned. No malware. Address verified. Printed 2 copies. One for proof. The other here in my pocket. 2 weeks prior. This place. At about 2 minutes from now."

Sonny: "Bravo! Bravo! Encore?"

Kirk: "Oh, God no."

To Kirk's joy, the representative has arrived.

Representative: "Good day. I presume you are... Key-eirk?"

Kirk was at first quiet, but then talked.

Kirk: "Well, you say it with one syllable."

Sonny: "You can say it with as many syllables as you like."

Kirk: "Not.. that i would want that!"

Sonny: "It gives me and the boys more reason to poke your horse's ass of a head, lah."

Kirk: "Ergh... pardon my associate's.. rudeness."

Representative: "That's fine. Seeing the natural friendliness, it's easy to tell that's Sonny Meng."

Kirk: "Ah yup."

Sonny: "*explosion sound* Sonny the Badass, at your service. King Of the Ring 2 timer. Former Formula 1 racer. World renowned as one of the world's fastest racers, and much much.. *explosion* *echoes* MORE! Thank you, thank you."

Kirk: "He's got balls."

Representative: "I can see."

Sonny: "So, Mr. person from Instituto Ayrton Senna... what'd be the pleasure?"

Representative: "Well, if your accolades don't lie, we have something to offer you. A way to give our institution some light. Can i make sure you aren't in it for the money, because there won't be any pay whatsoever."

Sonny: "Don't worry, lah. I'm an honest man. The man pays the bills and don't spend much."

Kirk: "And we appreciate charity work."

Sonny: "Exactly. This guy right here *points to self* pays thousands of charity every month of the year."

Representative: "Good. But this isn't just charity. It's also a test."

Kirk: "Test? Sonny, no boasting."

Sonny: "Already doing that, in my head."

Kirk: "Yep, he's ready. Lay it on."

Representative: "If we were some regular charity, we'd give you a shirt to wear or a sticker on your car. But, we have the desire to support the people of our country, and there's no better person out there to take the role."

Kirk: "You sure?"

Representative: "Yes. We've contacted others, but they were too busy or refused. The weight on this one's pretty heavy."

Sonny: "Heavy?"

Representative: "Yes. Heavy. Sonny Meng."

Sonny: "Meh-ng."

Representative: "Okay.. we have contacted the right people to hand you a machine well known as an icon of the past. I present you.."

Showing off a picture of a black F1 car of the past, not one moment was spared to the men that recognize it. Although, the amount of surprise didn't come to an all time high.

ayrton-senna-lotus-105.jpg

Kirk: "That's Senna! And that's his Lotus F1 car!"

Sonny: "Shoot! That's the 97T!"

Representative: "Yes. You'll be taking the very motorsport icon around the world, and challenge the limits of the car. There may be many more people out there with experience, but our institution has discussed over and over again. You're the one."

Sonny: "Well.. that sounds pretty cliche.. And how come you don't contact someone else with more than me: a guy with trophies racing in NASCAR, F1, Supercar leagues.."

Representative: "You're already admitting to your successes, i see."

Sonny: "Yeah, but i didn't plan on dominating any of those leagues, or i would be God, which i ain't lah."

Kirk: "*whisper* I'd say, take it. Helping a charity get attention is a win. Also, the Ghosts want outta the US again after our adventure in London that time."

Sonny: "Hmm..."

Representative: "We'll ensure there won't be any bumps during your world tour. What do you say?"

Putting his thought with the scent of coffee served upon them, Sonny had to make a hard decision.

Standing up to one of his life idols, Sonny thought that the weight to carry would be tremendous as warned many times.

But he thought of the charity. The children that never got to do what they could. It's these visions that locked his choice.

Sonny: "Tell those kids we'll be happy to oblige."

Representative: "Very good."

Kirk: "That's my boss!"

Sonny: "So, when's Senna's 97T coming to the states?"

Representative: "We have different people handling that, but we should be able to get it by.. 2 days, along with the owner."

Sonny: "One step ahead, eh?"

Representative: "We knew you'd oblige, but we're desperate for a race such as yourself. You even have a partner to help. That's more than enough, I say."

Kirk: "Who, me? Oh no. I don't race."

Sonny: "What you talking about, fool?! You can just say you're getting there."

To Kirk and Sonny, having to expose Senna's good name around the world looked like a nice opportunity to have their names associated with what Sonny calls: "The very badass that got him into racing more seriously."

The next 2 days, Sonny's training was in the form of him going to the gym to do some aerobic exercises. Every F1 driver stays fit to keep with regulation, and Sonny's regiment has him get back into shape for the mean time.

Not a fast runner, nor a man with muscle, but Sonny is as fit as a fiddle.

Physically prepared is one thing, but mentally prepared?

Usually the night before every race, Sonny's inner demon approaches him in the form of his racing mentor. His cruelty and relentlessness gave the Singaporean a mental scar.

With the biggest thing to come, Sonny wasn't the man he always was.

For the first time in his racing life, he was afraid, and filled with self doubt.

SomePlayaDude Presents..

14339951217_4996725e7a.jpg

PART 1: The Stuff Of Legends.

The day of the 97T's arrival to Sonny's Penthouse in Burbank, LA, California.

Having it coming by 5 AM, Kirk heads out of his room, with his attire ready for the day. He sees the sun not coming up anytime soon through the large tinted windows.

With Sonny in thought, he heads up the steps to the room that houses someone similar to a dog with sunglasses falling on slowly.

*Knock*

Kirk: "Son? You ready?"

*no reply, waits*

Kirk: "Hmm..."

*Crick*

Kirk: "Locked.. SONNY! Wake up!"

*no reply*

Kirk: "That's it!"

Andrea: "Early today, Kirk?"

Kirk: "Yeah, Dre. Look.. think you know where he hides his spare keys?"

Andrea: "What's it for?"

Kirk: "We have a gig, and he's gotta be on, pronto!"

Andrea: "At this hour? Huh.. If you have to know, the big man's left about an hour ago."

Kirk: "Wait a sec, did you say he left?"

Andrea: "Mmmhmm. And he don't tell me where he go."

Kirk: "Alright. Thanks, Dre. Keep the house tidy."

Andrea: "Right on."

Headed to the private elevator, Kirk's thoughts aren't happy, intended for his boss.

Kirk: "It's these things that'll make me go kill your ass, Son."

Headed to the private showroom of Sonny Meng, Kirk has a look around to see the cars that's still around.

14502018436_b907f4a906_b.jpg

Kirk: "The Beast is still here. And so is his Dark Horse.."

14338680887_7ccd0d7eab_b.jpg

Kirk: "And the GTO. And his 69 'maro."

14524085952_4970c31cae_b.jpg

Kirk: "The IROC's still here too? Hmm, don't recognize this car. A recent acquisition?"

With deduction similar to a junior Sherlock Holmes, Kirk deduced one thing. It was pretty bad.

Kirk: "No. No, no, no, NO, NO!"

He hurriedly headed to the special room where Sonny keeps his GT by Citroen, and his private Formula 1 car.

14338525399_e1023e2073_b.jpg

And as predicted: it's gone.

Kirk: "*yelling* SONNY! You're a suicidal maniac!"

*BELL RINGS*

Kirk: "Ah, shoot."

Kirk heads to the front door, and sees a small race team with a giant semi trailer behind.

Kirk: "Umm.. hello."

Manager: "Greetings! This is the palace of Sonny Meng, am i right."

He only got a nod as a response.

Manager: "Excellent! Now, sign here."

Kirk: "Bu-but i ain't.."

*signs*

Manager: "And here."

Kirk: "Listen here.."

*signs*

Manager: "And here."

Kirk: "But.."

*signs*

Manager: "Alright. Now we need Sonny's."

Kirk: "WAIT! Hold up a sec! You still wanted my signatures?!"

Manager: "What, we'd mistake someone with a ponytail as the so called Asian American Badass? We're not that short a lightbulb. The manager's as important as the man behind the wheel."

Kirk: "Thought you'd be. Thanks for proving me wrong."

Manager: "Now, where's the superstar? We need to send these to the owner: Fredy Kumschick for proof and verification."

Kirk: "Yeah... Mr. Meng has left the building 'bout an hour ago, and i have this feeling i know where he is. You don't mind a road trip with that truck of yours?"

And where Kirk Ackepoke's instincts took him was to the famed Singaporean's favorite track: Willow Springs.

14487109643_8898bf18d3_b.jpg

WILLOW SPRINGS RACEWAY - BIG WILLOW

Kern County, California, USA.

SIZES:
2.46 miles, 0.47 straight, 164 ft elevation.

Info sourced from willowspringsraceway.com

DESCRIPTION:
"Willow Springs has been languishing in the Southern California desert since 1953, which makes it the longest surviving road-racing course in America. The track's layout, which starts on the desert floor and roams into the adjacent foothills, makes it not only challenging to drive, but provides nearly a 100 percent view of the track from any vantage point. Even the sound of a race car in a test session is unobstructed, making it possible for an astute crew chief to evaluate his car and driver's performance with his eyes closed."

TURN BY TURN TRACK GUIDE:

Turn 1: "Castrol Corner" A rather steeply banked 90-degree left, which ends the longest straight. It is a deceivingly fast turn taken in one gear below top in most cars. Late apex and get back on the gas very early remember it is banked. The right edge of the road is not visible until you pop out of the banking at the exit, making it tricky to use the entire road. This is a very important corner and an excellent place to pass on a late brake.

14338686567_8f136ec868_b.jpg

Turn 2: "The Rabbit's Ear" A fast 450-foot radius 200-degree right. Some banking and a slight uphill raise aid adhesion until the exit where the banking ends and the road levels out. Most cars like to run slightly inside of the middle of the road, apexing gently about three-quarters of the way into the corner. Spend some time balancing the car for this turn because a large percentage of your time is spent here. Too much under steer and you'll scrub speed and have to lift to apex; too much over steer and you'll have to ease off the power.

14338482660_41035b480f_b.jpg

Turn 3: "The Omega - Uphill" In most cases the same gear is used from Turn One until downshifting for Turn Three the slowest turn on the track. Braking deep into Three is important because can you overtake here. An uphill well-banked 100-degree corner, Turn Three is again faster than it looks. A late apex and early throttle squirts you up the hill and into the difficult right-hand double apex Turn Four.

14523685854_6bc47fbc96_b.jpg

Turn 4: "The Omega - Downhill" Climb the hill and hug the right until the road starts to level. Now allow the car to move to the left side in preparation for a late apex because the turn tightens and heads steeply downhill.

14523684834_405c6b55a0_b.jpg

Turn 5: The right-hand jog preceding the left-hand Turn Five complicates the braking zone of Five. No matter how deep you go into five, the car is still loaded from the jog and traveling steeply downhill. Be willing to forego the perfect line into five; you can't get to the extreme right if you've gone in really deep. You can make up some of this lost ground by hanging a left front wheel in the dirt at the apex. At the exit the road starts uphill; you'll get some stick here so get on the throttle early.

14338521589_1905a7715f_b.jpg

Turn 6: "Monroe Ridge" On the short uphill run to the right-hand Turn Six, don't bother getting to the extreme left before the entry. In a fast car, it is difficult and in a slower car completely unnecessary. In the middle of this fast turn, the road goes from uphill to downhill so you have to deal with an almost complete loss of stick for an instant. Short shift up and apex early to get most of the work done before the car goes light. In a faster car, it may take some time to gain confidence, but lose time here and you'll suffer all the way into Turn Nine.

14524087322_4162280195_b.jpg

Turn 7: "The Kink" - Seven is no more than a gentle bend in the straight. Stay left for the entry to eight unless you are trying to block someone's inside line into eight.

14502018926_e782225d49_b.jpg

Turn 8: In a fast car right-hand turn eight is one of those places where your right foot seems to have better sense than your brain. In most cars it is a no lift comer, but it's kind of scary at first. Enter Eight early and drive around the inside with no pronounced apex. Before the road straightens, let the car drift to the outside of the road.

14338549478_0e5040e39c_b.jpg

Turn 9: Leaving Eight you just have time to glance at the tach to check your top speed before entering one of the world's worst Turn Nine. This turn is very hard to get right, but essential for good lap times. It is a top gear turn in most cars, a 90-degree decreasing radius right turn with an exit you can't see until you get there. Enter from the left, but move right slightly in the early part to give yourself some room for error. There is a strong tendency to apex too early because it feels safer. Try to avoid this because you'll have to lift at the exit. Pick a reference that identifies the apex for you. You should be approaching full throttle before the apex in even the fastest car. The exit brings you to the outside of the pit straight and the end of your lap.

14338520429_9d271df1a1_b.jpg

Like any difficult track, Willow Springs requires lots of practice. But remember, your crew can see and hear every mistake.

14338549258_3b3cafc595_b.jpg

TRACK RECORD: 1:06.050 - Michael Andretti, Indycar, 1987.

TIME TRIAL WITH DEMO CAR
Dodge Viper GTS '02, SH, stock, ABS 1 only: 1:24.969

AYRTON SENNA RELATED EVENTS:
None.

The thing Kirk sees arriving at Willow Springs an hour later is the fog warning. And the presence of his gang: the California Ghosts.

14280378718_0d175c6185_b.jpg

Kirk: "(Oh, he's a dead man..)"

Approaching the men he recognize as partners, Kirk was not happy.

Hawt-Rod: "Guys, he's here."

Skull: "Act natural!"

All whistling to a similar tune, it's no doubt suspicion runs in their veins.

Kirk: "Alright, boys. Where's the boss?"

Skull: "Don't mind us. He ain't here."

*F1 sounds*

14280342940_e8ce9fc0c4_b.jpg

Kirk: "You can't win this negotiation, Skull. Don't make me ask your brother!"

Raw: "Golly! That's me! That's me!"

Kirk: "Come on, Raw! That's the boss in that F1, right?"

Raw: "Yup!"

14465618262_2f9f9cfc93_b.jpg

Everyone else slapped their heads.

Skull: "Nitwit.."

Kirk: "Just wonder why's he got this behind my back, eh? Set up the comms."

Crank-Shaft: "About that.. he didn't bring comms."

Hawt-Rod: "We fitted new slicks and refilled a few moments ago too. It'd be a while till he gets back."

Kirk: "And he must've paid the keepers to have him running in this fog? A fog that kills?"

14280327029_c01401053e_b.jpg

Looking at each other in confusion, the gang shrugged.

Skull: "Sonny called us over to watch his back. No questions asked."

Kirk: "Good grief. I gotta tell him the Senna men are here!"

The gang gets all excited about the 97T.

14463598651_8504014880_b.jpg

Kirk: "Just.. don't touch it yet, alright?"

Ghosts: "Yes sir!"

Leaving his gang behind, Kirk moves on to witness the F1 racing on track.

14280342480_7eb04a3225_b.jpg

Being his closest friend, his feelings mix between rage, worry and amazement.

14280326599_2c946e3347_b.jpg

Skull: "*yells* 55.736 seconds!"

Kirk: "Holy... i've never seen anyone go round the Big Willow under sixty!"

14280376138_38afb020e7_b.jpg

Crank-Shaft: "Hey, Kirkie. Got a minute?"

Kirk: "Yeah, if you help me figure out how to bring him in."

Crank-Shaft: "Sure thing, buddy. I do what i can for the Ghosts."

Kirk: "Come on over, then."

14280375818_e3f187b875_b.jpg

Crank-Shaft: "It's about the boss."

Kirk: "Lay it on to me."

Crank-Shaft: "Since it kind of put the gang on scare patrol, it has to be mentioned."

Kirk: "Hold up. Scare?"

Crank-Shaft: "He must've been somehow spooked or whatever."

Kirk: "Ah.. that's what's happening? Alright. I gotta confront him, and we're going to have a serious talk about this."

14465807034_ee8a140def_b.jpg

Crank-Shaft: "You sure?"

Kirk: "Sonny's still young at heart, and he's as much human as anyone who's unrealistically badass. Even the toughest shells carry the softest meat."

Kirk moves himself to the road.

Crank-Shaft: "Boy! You'll kill yourself!"

Kirk: "Like Senna, this man's focus is always true. But if you said something's not right, he should be able to stop, seeing what's coming."

Kirk saw what was laid out for him. A reckless move, but he needed to comfort his friend. He stood like a cowboy, looking at the F1.

14443854326_93bb2205de_b.jpg

Kirk: "*draws cross on body* Lord.. please stop this darn thing."

It draws closer, and just a few hundred meters away, the driver sees it all.

Sonny: "....Kirk?! What the-"

And thus, his prayers come up answered.

14465806654_6af0c9daf5_b.jpg

With such a spinout, Kirk had worry. He rushed straight to the F1 car. The helmet removes, and Sonny stands out unscathed.

Kirk: "Sonny?! We have matters and you practice in the thick of fog! What's wrong, man?"

Sonny: "Hey buddy."

Kirk: "Don't 'hey buddy' my ass, Son. I'm worried. You in some sort of mental breakdown or what?"

Sonny: "Ah.. ermm.. Just snapped a thread. Even though I'm some kind of killer racer the world loves and adores, I'm never going to be the next Senna!"

Kirk: "What the? We ain't doing it because of your stupid ego!"

Sonny: "Yeah, but i live with that stupid ego lah."

With no realization, the rest of the Ghosts creep up closer.

Kirk: "I know you have for the years I become your biker brother. We've got more at stake than the fact you got waning confidence to drive the legendary Senna's F1 car."

Sonny: "Yeah, with the charity, the children, and worst: i gotta fill shoes for Senna!"

Kirk: "Look, Sonny. I'd kill myself if we refuse the Instuto Senna's offer. That's how much i want you to do this. We're together on this, and so are our boys."

After a moment, Sonny can't help notice the team behind Kirk: both the Ghosts and the men handling the 97T seeing the situation.

If Sonny could barely let Kirk down, to cope with letting everyone else down would be the end of his reign as today's racer that shakes the world.

He gets out of the car, and reluctantly had to do it.

Sonny: "Well.. it looks like i got no choice. Set us up the 97T. I want to make Senna smile! CHOP CHOP!"

Soon, the turbocharged V6 that made an era of F1 comes to life.

*SOUND*

And the man to make history comes with suit at ready. He climbs in, and sees the old gadgetry.

Sonny: "If this was from the medieval times, this thing be the black knight lah."

With the fog warning gone, Sonny moves out to see a crowd, and stops by them.

Sonny: "So, you want to wish me luck?"

Manager: "I don't have to. Just be wary of the throttle. It's not much different, but it's not like your car. This is a mechanical masterpiece, and carries nothing to help but by being the quintessential driver."

Kirk: "The Ghosts of Dark Horse Tuning checked that everything still works. And since you know this track in your head, we won't be doing a guide. Have fun."

Sonny: "You know i will. And another thing."

Kirk: "Yeah?"

Sonny: "To be Senna, I'll have to bring out the 80s in us. Think we can do that, Mr. Author?"

Take On Me
A-Ha
Take On Me

Exiting the pit lane, the 97T gets some speed back in it's system.

14280505257_38e1a7e861_b.jpg

Kirk: "Now we have comms. Don't be stupid again, Son. How's the music?"

Sonny: "Shh! Let me feel so Bohemian Like You..."

14466964355_fcbd1b40d4_b.jpg

In any F1, the driver keeps focused by only letting him and the machine connect.

14466964325_92d9c8b180_b.jpg

Sonny's progress towards relating along a legend's car won't take too long, being a man experienced with today's machines.

14466964105_0031c196a0_b.jpg

Manager: "Good going. There's no one else i'd say to that you're the right man for the job."

14280330449_3169c1a231_b.jpg

With the car bottoming out and tires all warmed and ready, Sonny calls the shots and decides to go all out the second he could.

14463601781_2965c6f30c_b.jpg

Kirk: "You b:censored:! Tell me you're kidding when you're so fulla self doubt!"

14280345960_3f3c6b8b81_b.jpg

Keeping the throttle at bay, and taking heed of the bumpy nature of the track, Sonny moves through Big Willow faster than anyone ever.

14465811304_d7023c4755_b.jpg

Getting used to having a round steering wheel when driving F1s, Sonny thought of Senna more and more, putting himself in his seat.

14280379358_6b69d324cc_b.jpg

Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else. ~ Ayrton Senna

14280345530_5c810f9d71_b.jpg

Manager: "Who has the guts to bring the most out of the 97T at a very hazardous track for race cars. His abilities are mythical!"

Kirk: "I can second that."

14280329229_b42b976111_b.jpg

Sonny: "Shying away. I'll be coming for you anyway! Taaake ooon meee~"

Scratching the track after one last push, the car crosses the line.

14487110783_9c0c2f5753_b.jpg

Kirk: "Time!"

Skull: "55."

Kirk: "...."

Skull: "Point 586! .2 seconds quicker than the last one."

Kirk: "What says you, Son?"

Sonny: "YEAH! I'M THE GREATEST! NOT ANYONE CAN TOP ME!"

Kirk: "He's excited."

Manager: "He may be no Senna, but i've never heard that much energy in any racer."

The morning of action concludes, and the Ghosts compile for one thing.

Kirk: "So, we doing this?"

Sonny: "No doubt. You tell the boys we're taking Senna's name around the world. And i think we can start at Europe. I'm paying for this road trip. I want to let the world know that people are suffering, and I'd do anything to help this charity."

Kirk: "Hehe."

Sonny: "Why you so cruel, lah?"

Kirk: "Never would i see that the meanest badass in racing becomes the guardian angel."

Sonny: "Stow it!"

Kirk: "Hahahah!"

FIN PART 1

TALE OF THE TAPE

14339720309_8b0bfaaac1_b.jpg

LOTUS 97T "AYRTON SENNA" 1985
FORMULA GRAN TURISMO 2005

Power (HP)
1049/11k rpm
935/17.5k rpm

Displacement (cc)
Unknown

Weight (KG)

Torque (ft-lb)

517/9.5k rpm
304/15.5k rpm

Power/Weight Ratio (kg/HP)

Distribution

50:50

48:52

Aerodynamics

1500-2000
700-900

Written by SomePlayaDude - 28th June 2014

Content based on (very heavy, head there at own risk):

Legacy Of The Dark Horse

Dawn Of The Mythic

Sonny And The Beast

PART 2: Styrian Were Bulls.

14637828433_20383bdc86_c.jpg

RED BULL RING

SIZES:
2.68 miles, 0.58 straight, 215 ft elevation.

DESCRIPTION:
"After more than a decade off the calendar, F1 is returning to the Austria, the mountains of the country's Styrian region and the Red Bull Ring. Built on the site of the A1 Ring that hosted grand prix racing from 1997 until 2003, the track remains largely the same as when F1 last visited. That means a relatively short and pretty quick lap, characterised by an uphill run from Turn One to a tight and tricky, right-handed second corner. That's followed by another straight which then feeds into three slower speed turns before the pace is ramped up again for the final sequence of quick blasts linked by tight corners."

TURN BY TURN TRACK GUIDE:
Source.

Turn 1: "Castrol Edge" Steep uphill approach to this corner. Start on the left hand side of the circuit and as you approach the corner you can brake very late as the circuit climbs steeply in the braking zone. Turn in about 2 car lengths after the ‘50’ marker and aim to clip the flat part of the apex kerb, avoiding the large green ‘sausage’ beyond. The exit is tight as the track comes back in towards you so use the kerbs on the exit but avoid using the grass matting beyond as this has less grip and will drag you off and the tarmac run-off here stops abruptly which will put you onto the dirt.

14431490567_51094e9b98_c.jpg

Turn 2: "Remus" Again you have uphill braking into 2 but the braking area is quite bumpy here. Keep to the right hand side of the white line running up the left of the track. It's tempting to go over it and use the extra foot of tarmac on the other side but this acts as a drainage gully so has large drain grates dotted along its length. Turn in just before the marshals hut on the left and use the kerb on the inside, avoiding the green "sausage". This corner climbs steeply as you go through it so it is difficult to get the car to do exactly as you want it too. A touch too fast on the turn in and the front will wash wide, a touch too slow and you will get a load of power oversteer on the exit as the weight distribution shifts mid corner. Getting the power down is important here as the first bit of acceleration out of the corner is uphill. Avoid the kerb and grass mat on the exit as this will reduce your traction as you accelerate.

14431490747_c97f61357f_c.jpg

Turn 3: "Schlossgold" You’ve passed the high point on the circuit now so the rest of your braking and corner entries are all down hill. Brake early onto the left hand side of the circuit ready for the corner. The braking zone is bumpy here. Turn in late to the corner, approx 1 car length before the access road on the left of the circuit. Your turn in is approximately the same speed as turn 2 above even though the corner is more open as the downhill entry makes the car hard to turn in. Keep the brake on as you turn in to keep the weight over the front and make sure you get the front of the car into the apex kerb then feed in the power as you walk out to the left, coming alongside the exit kerb about two-thirds of the way along its length. Keep turning to the right to ease the car back over to the right for turn 4.

14614672961_4e4139a118_c.jpg

Turn 4: "Rauch" Come alongside the right hand side of the circuit just after the ‘150’ marker. As you go over the crest the corner will start to appear. Brake early and relatively gently and keep the brake on into the corner to keep the weight over the nose and to help the turn in. Turn in about 1 length after the ‘50’ marker and slowly wind the lock into the corner as the car slows on the brake. Hold the apex for a moment then release the turn and power out as the next short straight comes into view. Use the kerb on the exit.

14617355852_8f7c4ae4e7_c.jpg

Turn 5: "Wurth Kurve" Squeeze the brake and turn in alongside the access road on the right. Use the brake to help rotate the car in towards the apex kerb. Use the kerb and the grass inside it and get the power on as early as you can whilst making the following right a flat out kink.

14431224990_674c4a4f90_c.jpg

Turn 6: Exit the first part of the corner on the right hand kerb and follow this until it ends (and a little bit of dirt beyond) then let the car drift out to the left on the exit. Avoid the kerb on the left on the exit as it ends too soon which will leave you on the grass.

14615807954_1b2b6ab59a_c.jpg

Turn 7: "Rindt" Keep on the left as you go over the crest. Turn 7 only comes into view as you are already braking and turning in. Turn in early for the corner, just after the ‘50’ marker, and carry as much speed in as you can. Use all the kerb on the apex and run out wide onto the exit kerb.

14431225340_0d9b530f44_c.jpg

Turn 8: "Red Bull Mobile" A short straight then a short, sharp brake for the last turn. Down hill entry again but a really short apex so rotate the car a bit on the brake then grab what kerb you can on the apex getting full on the power before you get to the inside of the corner. Run out onto the exit kerb then stay on the left all the way down to the first turn again.

14615808224_b2b7c64fa0_c.jpg

In the old days engines were at full throttle for about 70 per cent of a lap, so despite its-stop go nature, it's a tough venue to get right.

14637829713_d4a05b78a5_c.jpg

TRACK RECORD: 1:08.337 - Michael Schumacher, Ferrari F2003, 2003.

TIME TRIAL WITH DEMO CAR
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08, SH, stock, ABS 1 only: 1:43.845

AYRTON SENNA RELATED EVENTS:
None.

Kirk: "This your first time?"

Sonny: "Yep."

Kirk: "And, you ain't nervous?"

Sonny: "That's a tricky dicky to answer lah."

Kirk: "And why's that?"

Sonny: "Actually, i lied. I've been round A1 ring before, but in my Dark Horse, not in some souped up super racer."

Kirk: "Yeah, and I'm thinkin' you fell victim to the uphill corners?"

Sonny: "Naw, it wasn't a bad run. There's no competition so I didn't have to pace myself too much. Just a track day. Used the time to learn good old A1."

*walking to garages*

Kirk: "Well, might as well get ready. How'd you get a special permit to run the track today?"

Sonny: "It's a weekday, so nobody's around. And i have friends from all around that'll vouch and help me out. And the Senna men are here with us at all times, so they're my 'get out of jail free' card, just in case."

Kirk: "Cool. But why 2 garages?"

Sonny: "That's a good, but easy to answer question."

Kirk: "Bah."

Sonny: "I brought along my own F1."

Kirk: "That old, outdated, overpowered thing?"

Sonny: "Oi! Settle down. Isn't Senna's F1 kind of that?!"

Kirk: "Yeah, but i actually respect him... as much as you, that is!"

Sonny: "Sure you do.."

Kirk: "What, you don't trust me?"

Sonny: "Maaayyybbeee..."

Kirk: "Son, why you not a regular badass?"

Sonny: "Why should I be?"

Kirk: "*sigh* (So i don't have to babysit you.)"

Sonny: "Relax.. nobody can't tell you like your salary as my guardian."

Kirk: "Shoot, you got me."

Sonny: "Besides, me bringing my F1 is leverage to bring you and the Ghosts out for another road trip. Ain't that right, Skull?"

Skull: "You took the words outta my mouth as always."

Sonny: "One step ahead is all it takes, dude. OK, Kirk. Let me get my... game face on before we go. You alright?"

Kirk: "We'll wait for ages if we can, just till you're ready."

Things Can Only Get Better
Howard Jones
Dream Into Action

Song continues until end.

It took about 2 hours, but Sonny's ready to face the Red Bull Ring once again.

First up is the Lotus 97T.

14637829973_e8d4b5c084_c.jpg

14637830033_2b1e5aa2fd_c.jpg

Already used to the car, Sonny uses the time to make countless laps instead. And he's ready to make a proper lap after 10 minutes of shredding the board of a legend.

14431268668_4c94a8657b_c.jpg

START

14431492327_2b729022c3_c.jpg

14431269308_1e3f803c2a_c.jpg

SECTOR 1 - 15.4

14615809134_66d508687a_c.jpg

14594871376_13457c71b5_c.jpg

14431269908_1284e61c72_c.jpg

14431292589_6e96fc2a9a_c.jpg

14617358652_130b881872_c.jpg

14431493577_c513cf4dba_c.jpg

SECTOR 2 - 31.7

14637831903_1388ec6429_c.jpg

14637825903_d7536bedde_c.jpg

SECTOR 3 - 21.7

14637830113_b10495b760_c.jpg

FINAL LAP TIME - 1:08.793

With a time to base from, the FGT gets on track to go for another chance to redeem itself.

14617353592_7f0cc85b93_c.jpg

Sonny's already familiar with the ride and the track from earlier. This means he's going gold the first moment he could.

14594866996_6ce6ea2133_c.jpg

START

14431488897_534aa7bc0a_c.jpg

14431488927_23a6b69381_c.jpg

SECTOR 1 - 15.5

14431223170_f0f4cea446_c.jpg

14617354392_9c4f3beb3d_c.jpg

14614671731_e1d056a452_c.jpg

14615806234_d2bdd1e33b_c.jpg

14431289199_97713ede64_c.jpg

SECTOR 2 - 31.3

14614672251_e4e6e9901e_c.jpg

14617355112_867af4ee5e_c.jpg

SECTOR 3 - 22.4

14615805134_02ab44c624_c.jpg

FINAL LAP TIME - 1:09.155

The 97T scored yet again in the time trial business. Telling apart one car and another makes Sonny a better racer.

Putting everything away without any attention from the mass media, Sonny puts his concern to the manager.

Sonny: "How's the awareness of Senna so far?"

Manager: "Judging by the near empty crowd, we're starting small, but we're getting there."

Sonny: "Small, huh? This isn't just some private stunt i always do lah. We gotta get a crowd."

Manager: "I can't disagree with you, but it'll take more than just you on track. How about.."

Sonny: "About.."

Manager: "We go to Monaco?"

Sonny: "That place where Senna won again and again and again?"

Manager: "His holy ground aside from Interlagos."

Sonny: "Haven't been to Monaco in a while. The days when F1 was my game."

Manager: "And you'll get another chance. However.."

Sonny: "More bad news?"

Manager: "Well, we can't get there by plane. We'd have to navigate through the Swiss border."

Sonny: "And why is that? I have to be on top of my game at all times."

Manager: "There are circumstances we don't talk about freely. We'll get the best land transport ready for us and the cars. How about your Ferrari?"

Sonny: "The GTO? I can take it there with my bare hands."

Manager: "Don't take too much attention."

Sonny: "And about the Lotus.."

Manager: "Hmm?"

Sonny: "It's been an honor, but also such a joy to be driving the one and only!"

Manager: "Glad you understand how the man feels. You're pretty similar to him; having a loving second family in your crew."

Sonny: "Me? No, lah. I'm hardly his caliber. You're just looking at a badass that backs up his cocky tongue lah!"

Manager: "And so far, you are."

Sonny: "One step ahead is my creed."

Manager: "Anything else about the car."

Sonny: "Well... throttle wise it's cranky to control, but it shines very much in the handling.

Manager: "The best for Senna. He's very precise on what's in the car. The smallest problems are cleared to ensure he's satisfied."

Sonny: "Well, I won't be satisfied until we get a crowd!"

Manager: "Hahaha! We'll handle the PR. Trust me."

As the men turn against each other, they simultaneously take out a cell phone from their pocket, and dial in their own agendas.

FIN PART 2

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than others.
~ Ayrton Senna

Back