Real Guns

• Thread starter Calibretto
  • 8,847 comments
Despite the crazy summer temperature of 36 degree Celsius (97F) I practiced with my Swiss Gewehr 1911 because I'm going to use it in the military surplus rifle tournament in two weeks. I hope I wont embarrass myself because I had mixed results today. My groups at 100 meters were pretty good but every once in a while three shots or so were way low (barely in the black) and I'm not sure why.

Barrel heating up? Aiming error? Trigger jerking? Screwed up my hand loaded rounds? :crazy:

I think when you get to certain skill level in any sports, you run into that from time to time. I was like that with shot in basketball. When it comes to firearms, I'm such a novice I just shrug and shoot again(or just blame the gun lol).
Your new one better be more flawless.
USP can't be more perfecter. It's the most perfectest, straight out of factory.

I made a trip out to the gun range today. I put 180 rounds through the Tavor and 100 round through the PPQ. The Tavor is still awesome. It took me a bit to get myself on the 200 yard gong. I was completely failing to do my part. I was totally misrepresenting what the Tavor is capable on. Though, I did manage to do some serious work at one point.

I have not taken the PPQ out in some time. I had been working with my VP9 instead. I totally remember why I like the PPQ so much. I was pretty much immediately on the pistol range gongs with PPQ. If Walther and HK could combine the two, then I would be so happy.

My kind of girl. :D

ryqyrjjj.jpg

No offense a6m5. ;)
:lol: Did you get my message?
I made a trip out to the gun range today. I put 180 rounds through the Tavor and 100 round through the PPQ. The Tavor is still awesome. It took me a bit to get myself on the 200 yard gong. I was completely failing to do my part. I was totally misrepresenting what the Tavor is capable on. Though, I did manage to do some serious work at one point.

I have not taken the PPQ out in some time. I had been working with my VP9 instead. I totally remember why I like the PPQ so much. I was pretty much immediately on the pistol range gongs with PPQ. If Walther and HK could combine the two, then I would be so happy.
I'm jealous that you have the room to shoot that far! Maybe one of these days, I'll bother getting on a waiting list for one good shooting range in my area. :crazy:
My kind of girl. :D
One that caddies all the guns & ammo for you? With a smile? It's okay to dream, right? :P:lol:

Too bad she's married. That's Erika from that range time youtube channel. She is a prize, for sure, but I wish she came with a mute button. That voice...

She is a prize, for sure, but I wish she came with a mute button. That voice...
Yeah nobody is perfect, my voice sucks too, its sounds so comically deep its like somebody slowed it down by 50%. :scared: :lol:

But lets face it, finding a girl who is at least ''ok'' with our hobby is pretty damn hard nowadays.

Last edited:

If you can get through this video without muting, AND understand what she said, you're a better man than I.

All I heard was 'boing boing boing'.
Everybody's fighting the urge to comment on it, but you just waltz in here, make the comeback after we haven't seen you in here forever, and save the day, don't ya? :lol:👍
Is that normal for Oregon? I can't stand that AAHM, OH MYE GAHD valley girl voice.
Not all ladies obviously, but I'd say it's not rare. By the way, I love her on SNL(then again, I love everybody from SNL lol).

Edit: Try this guy at the end of the video? I wanna punch him in the face for that annoying voice!

All I heard was 'boing boing boing'.
Same here! :lol:

What do you think of tatted up girls?

I am not normally one to like them, but she does something for me.

No preference, I'm fine with ink on women as long it's not completely excessive or fugly. Full-body tats are kind of odd though, it's like you're always wearing clothes even when naked.

7cae15e68d18d2b4df417d9ff6c1f41e.jpg

Last edited:
This pistol case on Amazon for $31.99, shipped(w/purchase over $35, I think).
91ZvxDlARoL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm kinda thinking it maybe ok to have a extra non-factory case around, then I see this pic:

916hB%2B5ImQL._SL1500_.jpg

:eek: You had me at "LOADED"!!!!

Seriously though, I think it's bit much. It may be fitting to store your Madcatz Playstation controller in it or something. :crazy:

It was the banner on Amazon that directed me to the new line of tactical cases & bags by Barska. They may be okay for the price, I don't know.

Preparing myself for the national vintage military rifle championship. Just handloaded 20 rounds of match grade 7.5x55S for my old girl, 40 more to go. As always, most of the competitors will use Swedish Mausers, I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one with a Swiss Gewehr Mod. 1911. I'm such a rebel! :lol:
Though the rifle itself is definitely good enough to win the comptetition.

myoldgirl_zpselsgp6nb.jpg

Last edited:
Someone had a Federal .45 blow up in a FB group. In a Sig 1911. I thought .40 Glocks were supposed to be the grenades.

18722_525375672846_5204718910619837552_n.jpg

I wish reliable stats for these things existed. I'm still curious if the metal, or polymer frames are safer in such accidents. I've been nervous about my 1911(Kimber) since my accident, and this Sig thing doesn't help me with my paranoia. :nervous: :P

Probably polymer. The more the gun can break up and the energy dissipate in more directions the safer it will be. Luckily magazines usually blow out and that makes a big hole for pressure to exit, even if the grip does blow apart along the way.

Probably polymer. The more the gun can break up and the energy dissipate in more directions the safer it will be. Luckily magazines usually blow out and that makes a big hole for pressure to exit, even if the grip does blow apart along the way.
And that totally make sense to me, I just wish that there was such study out there. Like with the Glock thing you mentioned, as unreasonable as it sounds, there are still people out there who are critical of polymer frames. :crazy:

And that totally make sense to me, I just wish that there was such study out there. Like with the Glock thing you mentioned, as unreasonable as it sounds, there are still people out there who are critical of polymer frames. :crazy:

You mean 1911 owners? :P

It also depends on the steel frame now that I think about it. Its not like they're solid steel, there are grip panels and such attached that can give out.

So if anyone has been to see Jurassic World, how about Owen's Marlin M1895SBL? I'm gonna have to get one of those. Local gun store just ordered one in too.

You mean 1911 owners? :P
Not this one, but all others, DEFINITELY. jk
It also depends on the steel frame now that I think about it. Its not like they're solid steel, there are grip panels and such attached that can give out.
True.
So if anyone has been to see Jurassic World, how about Owen's Marlin M1895SBL? I'm gonna have to get one of those. Local gun store just ordered one in too.
Sweet rifle. How much?

zoom_1895sbl.jpg

Not familiar with the caliber, but this Wikipedia page shows the shell next .30-06.

Latest Posts

Back