Real life track experience vs GT6

13. Your blood pressure and heart beating rate is much much much more higher driving in RL than in game. I am so sure on this.
14. It cost a whole lot more money to drive in RL than in game lol. $1000+ for tires, hundreds for brake and other maintenance, $65 for each tank of gas, $150 or so for each track session, $85-140 for each autocross session, $25-40 for each kart session etc. In game, flat fee of $30-40 lol.

I started out with experience at karting, autocross, track prior to playing this game. I just started out in this game. I would guess others have a other points to add in as well.
Dont forget, you are scared you would die in the car crash. There is no restart button and invisible walls IRL you know.

Also, repairing cars is expensive.

Some nice stories here.
Spa is fun too, but it is more "safe" and you have to book via a trackday or a dealer trackday which is around 200-300 euro's, it depends on the organisation. (ofc. You can do way more laps)

I do prefer the Nürburgring because of the many tourists from all over the world, sometimes you see prototypes or very rare cars like a Veritas RSIII / Wiesmann MF5 GT etc. The parking and the start/exit is always fun, lots of people taking pictures and different stories 👍, towing truck with crashed cars ..., the famous gasstation.
The F1 track hosts many events in the summer, so you can combine an event with a few laps.

@FSportIS 1 lap is 27 euro i think, 4 for 100, ...

You're right in everything you said. Here is the official Touristenfahrten price list for 2014 just to complete the given info:

1 lap / 1 turn of 15 min -> 27,- €

4 laps / 4 turns of 15 min -> 100,- €

9 laps / 9 turns of 15 min -> 209,- €

25 laps / 25 turns of 15 min -> 518,- €

Annual ticket Nordschleife & Grand-Prix track 2014 -> 1.650,- €

I was at the Nordschleife last week with my 1.6 turbo diesel Fiesta Zetec S. Little stop off on my way to Wacken festival.

Fear was the biggest difference between sitting on my sofa at home and actually being there. The noise, the smell, I could feel my heart in my chest as I went through the ticket barrier with a Lexus LFA in line behind me.

Dont know what time I did, but I can say my top speed on my first lap wasnt even 100mph, and I remember looking at my speedo a couple of times and not seeing it much higher than that on all the laps I did.

Only track that's in GT6 that I've been to is Spa, but only as a spectator. And when standing at the top of Raidillion, looking down the hill it's a real vertigo inducing sight.. It kinda scared me, even just standing there...
Can confirm this one. I took this photo after the 2012 F1 race.
img0642fx.jpg

Great posts here.👍
I have also been to the Nordschleife, But that was in 2009 and 2010, before GT5/GT6 was released. So from what I remember it`s pretty accurate in GT5/GT6. It is however, as mentioned by others here, lacking the "depth" of the elevation and the curbs are too "flat" in GT.

You're right in everything you said. Here is the official Touristenfahrten price list for 2014 just to complete the given info:

1 lap / 1 turn of 15 min -> 27,- €

4 laps / 4 turns of 15 min -> 100,- €

9 laps / 9 turns of 15 min -> 209,- €

25 laps / 25 turns of 15 min -> 518,- €

Annual ticket Nordschleife & Grand-Prix track 2014 -> 1.650,- €

The prices have gone up the last couple of years, I think it was 15,-€ per lap when I was there last time.

On a side note;
If you rent a car from Rent a Racecar, RSR or some of the other rental places, you get a limit of 250 km. If you go over the limit, you pay a couple of euros per km. 250 km equals 12 laps of the "Ring".
They have changed the amount of laps you can buy. They used to offer 8 laps, not 9 :confused:

@ no1pal I think they give the 9th lap like an extra. Buy 8 + 1 for almost free.
I can also remember it being 8 laps in 2011 / 2012.

I think the price got raised (alot) after the bad financial news for the whole Nürburgring wich includes hotels, village, F1 track and coaster) The annual ticket was around 1200 that time.

@ no1pal I think they give the 9th lap like an extra. Buy 8 + 1 for almost free.
I can also remember it being 8 laps in 2011 / 2012.

I think the price got raised (alot) after the bad financial news for the whole Nürburgring wich includes hotels, village, F1 track and coaster) The annual ticket was around 1200 that time.

Yeah, you are probably right. Thanks :)

I've done some laps in Spielberg at the RedBull Ring with my 2005 Honda S2000 AP1 Facelift. H&R Springs and 18' O.Z. Ultraleggera with 225 and 255 Bridgestone Potenza (tires were old and hard but on the track, grip was better than on normal streets anyway) My fastest lap was about 2:05,???. That was before the Ring was avaliable in GT6. When it was, i put CS tires on my S2000 '03 (EU) and lowered the engine-power to 240 HP. In GT6 my laptime was 1:53,773. Well in RL i didn't want to kill my brakes or damage my car of course. That was my last drive before winter. At spring i hat to buy new tires (Pirelli PZero) and they are much better than those old Potenzas.
Friend of mine in his '01 S2000 was on semi-slicks that day. He has much more expierience with racing the car. His best lap was 2:03,???. So far about laptimes.
The looks of the Ring in GT6 compared to RL are quiet accurate. Don't know what else to say about that ^^ they've done a good job in GT6.

I've done some laps in Spielberg at the RedBull Ring with my 2005 Honda S2000 AP1 Facelift. H&R Springs and 18' O.Z. Ultraleggera with 225 and 255 Bridgestone Potenza (tires were old and hard but on the track, grip was better than on normal streets anyway) My fastest lap was about 2:05,???. That was before the Ring was avaliable in GT6. When it was, i put CS tires on my S2000 '03 (EU) and lowered the engine-power to 240 HP. In GT6 my laptime was 1:53,773. Well in RL i didn't want to kill my brakes or damage my car of course. That was my last drive before winter. At spring i hat to buy new tires (Pirelli PZero) and they are much better than those old Potenzas.
Friend of mine in his '01 S2000 was on semi-slicks that day. He has much more expierience with racing the car. His best lap was 2:03,???. So far about laptimes.
The looks of the Ring in GT6 compared to RL are quiet accurate. Don't know what else to say about that ^^ they've done a good job in GT6.
Sounds like your times were pretty spot on in comparsion as well. CM would probably replicate even closer.

How does everyone think the accuracy of off track stuff is? I've seen some tracks where it appears that some buildings and things may be missing.

I think this is all you need to look at when you wonder about how different the Nurburgring Nordschleife feels in-game versus real life. The sensation of dropping and climbing alone would be staggering. 1000 ft of elevation change over a lap!
Nurburgring Elevation Chart.gif

Real Life There is a Respect for the Limit. You don't push your car to the absolute limit every time you are on a track. In GT we can pass the limit wreak,and hit restart. In real life the day is done, or your life might be over. You approach the limit and push the car a little harder the more comfortable and familiar you get withthe track.

In Real Life, NO Driving Line to show how to drive the track what side to enter corners, when to brake and accelerate.

In Real Life there is no shift point indicator and gear predictor telling you what gear to drop to and when to start braking/downshifting.

In Real Life there is no ABS stability assist

In Real Life there is no HUD

In Real Life time on the track is limited, and breaking the car requires repairing. There is no driving until your time is where you like it with endless hours of laps. You have a very limited time to put down a lap, with no unrealistic assist.

In Real life dirt, dust, rubber, the track surface is always changing and is somewhat different from day to day in GT its the same day everyday and the cars run perfect, the track is exactly the same.

Real Life things are always a little different & if your using any of the assist in GT including driving line, suggested gear & HUD for endless numbers of laps, restarting every time you push the limit too far, or no damage anyways, so just keep on going until you get that lap time your after, it's not very comparable to real life.

In real Life much of racing is in plotting braking points and adjusting these to the changing track conditions. Using the assist in GT kills much of what makes racing, racing. Its cool being all supper fast, but most people use one assist or another to be as fast as they are... When any are used they are not driving as the guy drove in Real Life, partly why comparing lap times is so comical.

Last edited:
I do race in RCN & VLN at the Nürburgring, first season in proper racing this year. And first time at the Nordschleife back in 2006. First time impression was quite different than GT4. I learned the direction of curves, used a lot of photos and videos + maps, books etc. to learn the layout. I think the GT6 is quite exact how the track look, the surrounding environment etc. For a newbie it will always be quite different, the track is a bit wider, camber, altitude differences etc. are different than in a sim. When I race I'm so focused, concentrated that I can't differ laps from the other during the race... it's just so many cars out there, accidents, high speed, handle and be "ahead" of my race car etc.. But I think the GT6 is a nice introduction to how the track layout is. Driving Nordschleife BTG above 9 minutes is easy.. but when the speed gets faster, the track can have some nasty surprises due to bumps, camber change, slippery parts etc. which those of us who know the Nordschliefe know what can happen, since some corners can easy be taken at 180 Km/h, but at 200 - 210 Things start to get nasty if you are some inches of line, off throttle, steering wheels direction when the bump hits you etc... Just go out there and threat it like a narrow slippery mountain road first time, take it easy, have fun, and use mirrors.. The real fun starts when you can drive with a a certain "flow" so the traffic behind don't catches up with you to fast, and you will also overtake. Plan ahead, be ahead of your own car, and know the cars limits, and beyond. ;) The race team which I occasionally drive for have Porsche Cayman with 390 BHP, Opel Astra Cup with 320 FWD BHP and Renault Clio RS 204 BHP ;)

Last edited:
One more thing: Nürburgring Nordschleife is like getting a blow job from a fantastic gorgeous photomodel with elipsy..... sooner or later it will end in tears ;) ;)

Real Life There is a Respect for the Limit. You don't push your car to the absolute limit every time you are on a track. In GT we can pass the limit wreak,and hit restart. In real life the day is done, or your life might be over. You approach the limit and push the car a little harder the more comfortable and familiar you get withthe track.

In Real Life, NO Driving Line to show how to drive the track what side to enter corners, when to brake and accelerate.

In Real Life there is no shift point indicator and gear predictor telling you what gear to drop to and when to start braking/downshifting.

In Real Life there is no ABS stability assist

In Real Life there is no HUD

In Real Life time on the track is limited, and breaking the car requires repairing. There is no driving until your time is where you like it with endless hours of laps. You have a very limited time to put down a lap, with no unrealistic assist.

In Real life dirt, dust, rubber, the track surface is always changing and is somewhat different from day to day in GT its the same day everyday and the cars run perfect, the track is exactly the same.

Real Life things are always a little different & if your using any of the assist in GT including driving line, suggested gear & HUD for endless numbers of laps, restarting every time you push the limit too far, or no damage anyways, so just keep on going until you get that lap time your after, it's not very comparable to real life.

In real Life much of racing is in plotting braking points and adjusting these to the changing track conditions. Using the assist in GT kills much of what makes racing, racing. Its cool being all supper fast, but most people use one assist or another to be as fast as they are... When any are used they are not driving as the guy drove in Real Life, partly why comparing lap times is so comical.
not necessary the hud to be fast

Back