Real or Fake GT5 Mods

United States
Iowa, USA
The_Urban_Saint
Terra Hawk 5
So my GT brothers, I rarely post on here, let alone start completely new threads, but tonight, I needed a question answered and maybe the fine people of GTP could help.

So tonight I was messing around on some dudes server just having a ball with the Option Z that is in the online dealer and this player by the name of "SLF96x" joined the game. Right away he stated he was a "moderator for Gran Turismo USA".

That sounds fishy to me.

So I just continue doing my thing when out of nowhere he starts yapping about he has every car and they are ALL maxed out and completely broken in because he was a mod. So he sets us up a challenge and says "if we pass him or race him, we will be given high level tickets". So I took up his challenge, placed, and he promptly "wrote" my name down.

Tomorrow "or today" I am supposed to be receiving said car.

Does any of this sound fishy to you guys?

mattythedog
AFAIK there's no such thing as "GT5 mods", so he's almost certainly lying.

That's what I was thinking too, for that matter even, their is not even a Polyphony USA is there? I'm like 90% sure their isn't but I've been surprised before.

GT5 mods... :lol:

As if it's possible to keep control over such a huge community. It's just like asking a man to limit the number of fish in the ocean.

GT5 mods... :lol:

As if it's possible to keep control over such a huge community. It's just like asking a man to limit the number of fish in the ocean.

By most accounts, we're doing a pretty good job of that. But you're right, it takes more than one guy.

Well I'm pretty sure he was not but tell us if he is and we can all add him for tickets. If he is a mod then I'm sure he will be able to send more than 1 ticket per day....

The Urban Saint
So my GT brothers, I rarely post on here, let alone start completely new threads, but tonight, I needed a question answered and maybe the fine people of GTP could help.

So tonight I was messing around on some dudes server just having a ball with the Option Z that is in the online dealer and this player by the name of "SLF96x" joined the game. Right away he stated he was a "moderator for Gran Turismo USA".

That sounds fishy to me.

So I just continue doing my thing when out of nowhere he starts yapping about he has every car and they are ALL maxed out and completely broken in because he was a mod. So he sets us up a challenge and says "if we pass him or race him, we will be given high level tickets". So I took up his challenge, placed, and he promptly "wrote" my name down.

Wow.... hmm... ok so you should have said:

"GT5 Mod? Nah mate you're no mod you're a GT5 wanker!!"

Then leave the room and PSN block the Richard Cranium out of principle alone!!

Honestly.... Words cannot express the fail 👎

Heathenpride

Dude, it was 3 a.m here, I am about to pass out anyway, plus, it was fun to just race a little with the prick, he knows his **** so it was pretty interesting to talk to him.

Ha... Good one

It seems he's saying he can get any car he wants in game. If so, ask this.

"Since you can get any car at any time. Can you get me (then name some really rare but tradable cars), and I want two of each. I mean, the only reason you couldn't do this would be if you weren't a Mod."

And yeah, do that. Even though he is almost definitely lying.

Tell him you want a stealth NSX as only mods can give them out!

Watch the excuses come, call him a delusional lying **** and laugh in his idiotic face!

The Urban Saint

That sounds fishy to me.

Often times the number in someones name is the year they were born in, like myself, my PSN is dylpro98 because I was born in 98. Guessing by the 96 I'm going to say he was born in 96, just a guess, not always true. But it sounds childish for him saying that so 96 is still only, what? 15? Next time you see him to "ban" you from GT and see what he says.

I'd love to be the guy laughing at this tool. Hope I see him sometime. Lol.

I don't think there is a such thing as GT5 moderators, so he is most likely lying. If you want to test the person's loyalty on his/her statement, ask him/her to set up another race, and bet for valuables. For you however, you can bet for extremely rare items, maybe a car voucher. Usually that will make the entire race intense. If you are able to defeat the person, he/she will probably admit they are lying about their special status and escape.

I've met till now only 1 moderator in my whole gaming live, that was "Mr. Horten", a Steam admin. Nice & funny guy. And believe me, he's a mod. Just look at his games list (2.268 games). :D

And I've heared about a bad ex-X-Box admin, "The Pro". You might know him from Youtube, there are tons of video's from banned guys. Yea, he abused his mod power. Then he got fired. :)

Here's one for example:

I've never heared about PSN admins. But I am sure there are some around, maybe "undercover". Try PS Home, there are some suspicious guys sneaking around. For sure the best place to met one. :sly:

ZeGermanBastorD
I've never heared about PSN admins. But I am sure there are some around, maybe "undercover". Try PS Home, there are some suspicious guys sneaking around. For sure the best place to met one. :sly:

He's not saying he's a PSN mod, he said he was Polyphony one, and those people don't exist (not in the US at least), either way, I didnt get anything from him or anybody at all so if you guys want to mess with the guy and start asking for mod only items or something, his PSN ID is in my original post.

He's not saying he's a PSN mod, he said he was Polyphony one, and those people don't exist (not in the US at least), either way, I didnt get anything from him or anybody at all so if you guys want to mess with the guy and start asking for mod only items or something, his PSN ID is in my original post.

Blacklisting now.

:lol: I'm going to send him a FR right now. If he is a "moderator" :lol: he probably has his friend list maxxed out in which case the request will bounce back straight away... If he does have room on his friend list and he accepts my request I'm gonna ask him some pretty searching questions... This sounds totally fake and he deserves a good roasting from everyone here at GTP. I have never even heard of PD moderators. I'll let you know 👍

Edit: The FR bounced straight back, so the account name is accurate but his friend list is full.

phil_75
He does have max friends!

[Insert Ghostly music]

Gives a little cred to the claim but not a lot because it's pretty easy to get a maxxed list 👍

Gives a little cred to the claim but not a lot because it's pretty easy to get a maxxed list 👍

yep, I've come across a few guys here who have the maxed list from trading... not hard to do at all... I reckon he needs a good flaming.

Edit: Flamed. Good and proper. 👍

Last edited:
So tonight I was messing around on some dudes server just having a ball with the Option Z that is in the online dealer and this player by the name of "SLF96x" joined the game.

His nickname says it all. Which Gran Turismo moderator would call himself SLF96x? I think the 96 stands for the year of birth. So to answer your question, yes, it does sound fishy to me.

Back