REAL Race Team for the 24-Hour Enduro - Live Report

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brend
  • 43 comments
  • 4,214 views

Brend

Premium
Messages
11,772
Scotland
Scotland
Messages
GTSophy-Lapos
Messages
ClassicBrend
Tomorrow, at 3:30GMT Me and 4 friends will embark on a journey to complete the 24Hour race within 24 Hours (no pausing). Taking hourly shifts we will drive the 787B and aim for glory.

In this thread, I will update on an hourly basis how the race is going on.

I remember a few people being interested on how our race will go, so I will make live reports of how it's going. ;)


We will be using the Driving Force GT!
 
Good luck.👍 I wish I had four people. I just did the Nürburing 4 hours today and I'm starting 24 hours of Le Mans tomorrow. I hope to do it in 6 days or less.
 
Do a livestream with a webcam and livechat and stuff lol
 
Very cool. But this belongs in the Race Reports forum.
 
Very cool. But this belongs in the Race Reports forum.

Yes indeed ;) Someone should move it to it's proper place...

Good Luck!!!
 
Best of luck, look forward to the updates.👍
 
This is a good idea 👍 Go for it.
 
👍👍👍

This really is the correct way to enjoy the endurance races! Goodluck!
 
Crack open a bottle of beer and enjoy!
 
Good luck. 👍 Wish I had some friends who could drive the 24hour endurances with me. Actually, I just wish I had friends.
 
Good luck, if you have a webcam broadcast it live on Justin.tv and I'll watch :D
 
I was thinking of doing this but my friends are horrible at GT5 (and everything PS3 related) so there's no point in doing it with friends [unless I use X2010 (which I wont)].
 
Livestreaming would be interesting.
 
Good luck, its a great race to run :) I managed to do it solo in around 50 hours (id finished uni exams and had weeks to spare) and that hurt lol.. Now iv got the r89c in my ucd and only enough money for me to get it if i do the 24hrs of le mans & nurb so im gonna do both of those before anything else (I lost save data after i did lemans before and im back to lv39 now, both 24hrs uncompleted)
 
Just remember not to take a leak in the racing seat like real racing drivers do!


;)
 
VBR
Just remember not to take a leak in the racing seat like real racing drivers do!


;)

Should wear nappies just in case LOL
 
I am 2 hours 30 mins into my race, using the 787B. The only upgrades I have given it are R2 and R3 tires and also adjusted top speed to 250mph. I'm on lap 42 with a 21 second lead. Taking a break now to workout and then I should be back for more later. I hope to do another 3-4 hours by the end of the night. Top lap is 3'29.639.

So far I'm really enjoying it, the car is enjoyable to drive and the race itself is a challenge. It's been sunny the entire race but the shadows are starting to set in. I have little night driving experience in game so I'm excited for that but nervous. I've been as far back as 10th place and 1'50.00 behind. I've never used these types of cars before so it took about 10 laps to get used to it and to stop spinning the rear tires. Using racing softs right now but may switch to mediums or hards if I build a decent lead.
 
Sounds like your doing better then I would, good luck guys
 
Okay guys! Sorry bout that, here's the 8-hour report:

So far we are 9th in the stock 787B, 2 of our drivers have never played GT and therefore we have surrendered a 2 minute lead, however, we are coming on very very far. The pit-stop strategy has worked great and actually cracking open a few beers has helped us out!

Feel free to ask questions!
 
Okay guys! Sorry bout that, here's the 8-hour report:

So far we are 9th in the stock 787B, 2 of our drivers have never played GT and therefore we have surrendered a 2 minute lead, however, we are coming on very very far. The pit-stop strategy has worked great and actually cracking open a few beers has helped us out!

Feel free to ask questions!

You should stream this, it would have been a lot more fun.

http://www.justin.tv

That site is easy to get setup on, and has a strong community.
 
I would love to but my webcam sucks. :(
 
I knew the beer would help! Hahahaha. It is good you are having fun.
 
I knew the beer would help! Hahahaha. It is good you are having fun.

:lol: Recommend this to anyone!
 
I will if nobody beats me to it :lol:
 
How's it coming? Everyone still alive?

(ot: Only an hour and 15 minutes until Bob finishes my first B-Spec Le Mans.)
 
Are you guys using Cockpit view only? That would be so fun I will do that when I do my 24hr race when I get 1.21 gigawatts to power my PS3 for 6 days straight :lol:
 
Back