United States
alefin
Real Racing Sim - Sunday Endurance Race

Super GT GT500 GT-R '08
@
Nürburgring GP/F
in

img.php

Thanks to asdfg11 for the countdown timer!

General Info About Races: Our goal is to provide a racing simulation experience for everyone. Real off-road grip, weak slipstream, tire wear on, and yes, heavy damage! ABS is optional.

The potential for damage encourages respect and sportsmanship among everyone, making penalties unnecessary -- GT5's penalty system is easily gamed, often penalizes the victim and does nothing to further the "racing simulation".

The races are usually long enough to require at least one pit for tires and/or gas depending on the car. We also enjoy racing real life cars, and offer a wide range of racing experiences, from VW Buses to F1's, some tuned, some untuned, you name it. Feel free to check out the Facebook page ( http://tinyurl.com/GT5-LPP ) to post race suggestions and say hello!

Date & Time:
Sunday November 3, 9:00 PM EST
Sunday November 3, 6:00 PM PST
Monday November 4, 2:00 AM GMT
Click here for time zone converter

Race Officials: alefin, kirtrkeks or anyone designated by them

Host: Private lounge of alefin, kirktreks or wherever designated by race officials

Race Length: 70 minutes (not including qualifying)

Requirements: Fun, clean and fair drivers

Qualifying Times & Race Results: Click here or scroll down

Course:
Nürburgring GP/F
Length: 3.20 mi, Longest Straight: 0.39 mi, Elevation Change: 186.0 ft, Corners: 17
16bx306.jpg

Room & Car Regulations:
Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) '08 (Premium)
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER GT) '08 (Premium)
Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUPER GT) '08 (Premium)
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) '08 (Premium)
Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R (SUPER GT) '08 (Premium)

Tuning Prohibited lounge
(Engine rebuilds, chassis maintenance etc are allowed as long as you can get on the track)
Unrestricted tires, but you must qualify & start on racing hard tires

You must pit at least once before the race timer reaches 55 minutes

• Standard race quality
  • Standard microphone quality
  • Collisions on
  • Heavy damage
  • No penalties
  • Weak slipstream
  • Tire wear/Fuel consumption on "Fast"
  • Real grip reduction on wet/edge
  • Visual damage on
  • ABS available
  • All other assists off
Qualifying & Rolling Starts:
  • Qualifying begins promptly at 9:00 PM Eastern (refer to the countdown timer above if you're not on the east coast) and will last 15 to 30 minutes.
  • Qualifying will have collisions off and be on light damage.
  • When you have a time you like, pull over to a secluded spot or drive into the pits, while we record your time. If you exit the track, you will forfeit your qualifying time!
  • Once qualifying is over, I will type out the qualifying order. When the race timer counts down, and the race START message appears, DO NOT START RACING.
  • Once everyone is lined up in the correct order, the driver in the pole position will set a pace not exceeding 60 MPH / 96 KPH, and begin the race by breaking that pace. This is not a pace lap! Please do not overtake other drivers until the pole/pace car breaks pace and begins accelerating to race speed. Then, THE RACE IS ON.
Full Course Caution Until Clean Start:
  • This policy applies until we complete one continuous clean lap or two continuous minutes of clean racing on longer courses, without multi-car incidents. Cautions will only be available at the beginning of the race. We will repeat it as many times as necessary to get an incident free start.
  • If there are any multi-car incidents, where any driver is knocked well off the track by another driver, we will call a FULL COURSE CAUTION. The policy does not apply to individual drivers losing control, even if an offending driver has minor contact with other drivers who continue racing.
  • Once a caution is issued, please do not overtake any drivers, even if you are heading to the pits.
  • All drivers (not in the pits) will form-up for another Manual Rolling Start behind the current race leader, who will maintain pace speed until everyone is in formation again, and restart according the approach used at the beginning of the race.
Prizes:

• First place (Coupon 1000 car ticket, 5 car paints)
  • Second place (5 car paints)
Other Notes: The GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines applies with some changes/additions.
  1. Bump drafting is allowed where it makes sense.
  2. Keep racing on the track, regardless of incident, unless cars behind you are approaching. Time, depending on severity of incident, will be added to your final race time once complaints are filed and replays checked. If you decide to allow the other driver(s) to pass because of a collision, be absolutely sure that you will not be in the way of other drivers. When in doubt, keep racing.
  3. Drivers that are to be lapped are under no obligations to move out of the way, as long as they are not intentionally blocking. Most tracks have many sections to overtake. If you're faster, you'll find a way to pass.
  4. There will be no race restarts for people that disconnect, unless something extreme happens like half the room disconnects at the same time. Common sense will dictate what's appropriate. People that disconnect will still earn points (where applicable) depending on when they disconnected.
  5. Anyone found violating the car regulations will be harshly penalized, i.e. dropped into last place in the race results. "I didn't know" is not a valid reason.
  6. Track boundaries are generally the same as those enforced by the GT5 penalty system and as defined by section 16: Offline Racing in the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules linked above. See the illustration below. Occasional unintended infractions will be tolerated, particularly if you visibly attempt to correct a bad line by braking, etc. or you have lost control of your vehicle. Patterns of abuse will not be tolerated, and complaints will be investigated as noted in #2 above.
2mhufxe.jpg

How to Sign-Up: Just post > GTPlanet username (Playstation Network username)

Current GTPlanet Participants:
** This race is open to all Real Racing Sim regulars and past participants on a first come basis. New sign-ups are welcome, but signing-up on this thread does not guarantee entry if the room fills up. Please be on time. **

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Last edited:

Reserved for race results, qualifying times & other notes

Variation of one of Kirk's earlier races
Please note that daylight savings time ends earlier in the day

Last edited:
Opening a practice room in about 10 minutes or 10:50 PM ET or 7:45 PM PT 10/30 (2:45 AM GMT 10/31)

(Does anyone know how to edit the font colors with all the changes?)

Now open - Room name RR Sim GT500 GT-Rs

or 1472-4711-0038-4891-2367

Abandoned 0:30 AM ET - but got a couple of good hours of practice in. Best time on softs just under 2:00.00.

Last edited:
As I shared privately with alefin, I think we should postpone or substantially reduce the frequency of further race scheduling, as the GT Planet forums are dead. The last post IN THE ENTIRE SPOT RACE FORUM was from me on Wednesday (above), when I tried to run a practice room for our Sunday set up. No posts in 3 days. Dead, dead, dead. Let's not forget last week's no show room (technically 1 showed - me).

I think we are going to have to wait for GT6 to create renewed interest in the GT title. I am willing to run regular or semi-regular public no-tune, spec/garage, or shuffle rooms with the typical Real Racing Sim regs but with light damage on shorter races. Envisioning shorter races of 10 to 20, or occasionally 30 minutes.

And I am always down for dirty shuffles -- had a ball last night with General_JED and others. JED apparently does a lot of Karting, and knows elmo.

Anybody out there?

102wf2u.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry guys I've been busy with college stuff so I might not be able to race consistently until mid-December.

I will be ready to race if we can muster at least 4, which now seems likely.

I'll show up, I guess I'll need to send an FR right?

I've sent some FRs but no response.

Race Results
(alefin should deliver any gifts/prizes sometime this week)

28 Laps (slightly shorter due to low turnout)
1. phil0214
2. boy_wonder_2000
3. kirktreks
4. race_emhard (DNF)

We had a botched start, with a multi-car wreck almost at the one lap point that should have generated a caution, but we realized at that point that I had failed to put damage to heavy, and we did a full race exit/restart (my bad - sorry).

I avoided getting lapped and would have crossed the finish, if I had not run out of gas about half way through the last lap.

IMAG1573.jpg

Qualifying / Start Order

IMAG1572.jpg

Next week is usually my week to put up the Sunday Endurance race, but due to waning interest (as I explained in an earlier post above), I am going to post a public room RRS Friday Sprint races event -- should be up early this week. I will try to have the room up by 8:30 PM EST, but 9:00 is still better for me. I should be be good for a couple of hours of racing or more.

Last edited:
I'm better at sprint races anyway.

Back