Real-time HUD display removal during race?

• Thread starter amar212
  • 18 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
We have buttons for many real-time functionalities during racing:

- wipers
- horn (in GT5)
- lights flash
- QT menu
- change view
- look left-right

However, the HUD elements - position, lap count, map, times, positions, tyre status - are not possible to remove in real-time, but only through pausing the game and manually turning them ON or OFF.

Gran Turismo is a beautiful game which looks even more beautiful and feels more immersive when HUD is OFF. However, in both A-Spec or multiplayer racing, it is inconvenient - and impossible in online - to remove HUD when desired.

Adding HUD ON/OFF button as assignable button to real-time in-race functions would dramatically increase the enjoyment of the game for many of players.

And it would also save hundreds of thousands plasma-screens from nasty burn-ins.

Is there anything you can do about it?

Ah yes, this is one of the things I like in SHIFT 2. You can change the HUD appearance with just a button. No need to pause the game.

This is one off my wishlist, I want it so bad!

VBR
7) HUD Configuration: Why are the HUD options so restrictive? Is there any reason for the lack of options? Please, allow us the option of turning On or Off every single item of HUD individually to our liking, then give us the ability to toggle all the HUD on or off while racing via a simple button press. Having to pause the game & go to an off screen menu to do this is clunky, & cannot even be done while racing online without compromising our lap time/position. Also, why can we not turn the wrong way indicator off? This is something that is needed, especially by the drifting community. Besides, many of us know the tracks very well & do not need to be patronized with a flashing red symbol. More Feedback For PD.

Source.

What about making the whole HUD configurable? We need to be able to turn each individual piece on/off and move them all around for our viewing pleasure / racing comfort.

Some of us just want RPM and lap counter.

Umm... Isn't this way, way more of a Suggestion for a feature than an actual question?

They could assign it to the UP button on the D-Pad like the blue lines. Just keep tapping the UP button to cycle through blue lines and HUD.

The only problem I see in using the up button is how many different menus will you go through with all of these requests...

Maybe it could be assignable through quick options or driving options... (shrug)

Back