Customizeable HUD

• Thread starter Paolosev91
  • 33 comments
I think that one of the features that spoils the gameplay and immersion is the hud.
Have you ever tried removing it? The cockpit view is fantastic. If only it was possible to see the car's dashboard in all conditions, I would play many races without the hud.
However, it would be nice to have more option:
for example: what about the possibility of removing/adding the names/cars of the opponents list, as well as other parts of the HUD? It is an easy update, it would take polyphony 1 day to add this feature.

What do you think?
If you have doubts: take your favourite car, take it to Nurburgring or to another track with day/night cycle and rain and remove the hud. I think that it is a fantastic experience. Without the hud you can see more and appreciate the little details such as reflections on parts of the cockpit, raindrops reflecting the colour of the lights surrounding the circuits at night and so on.

I agree with all the above, more options would be welcome. I sometimes used to set all HUD off except the speed, rev counter etc in GT5, tried to do it in GT6 & it wouldn't let me. :(

Last edited:
What in the WORLD happened to our HUD options? Can I use the word "broken" here? It's broken. Like @MasterFocus states above, the cockpit view of standards automatically changes the Tach into a little tiny bar, and moves it down to the lower right corner! I'm relegated to driving in 'Bumper' view just so I can see my tach!

What would be so difficult about giving us FULL options here? We should be able to toggle On/Off every single little part of the HUD, and move them to wherever we want on the screen.

It's hard enough to control a car at the limit, we don't need to be distracted by all of this wacky info, or searching around for the info we want (rpm) - by the time you look back up at the road the A.I. have already brakechecked you and you're in his trunk!

:ouch:

It was more flexible in GT5, you could Toggle the drivers list on and off. You can't zoom in/out on the map anymore either, yet you could in GT5. I'm hoping an update brings it back to how it was in GT5.
This is what i found annoying, Why doesnt gt6 have these options at launch rather than having a massive outcry to get pd to add them like we had to with gt5, Its all simple stuff too you dont have to be Einstein to think this stuff up

This is what i found annoying, Why doesnt gt6 have these options at launch rather than having a massive outcry to get pd to add them like we had to with gt5, Its all simple stuff too you dont have to be Einstein to think this stuff up

To me it's clear that they completely overhauled the infrastructure of the game for GT6, possibly even starting from scratch. That means they can't just carry over everything from GT5 and copy/paste it into GT6, they may have to rewrite/reformat some code and that can take time. I have to presume that all the simple missing features from GT5 will eventually make their way into GT6 but it might be on drip-feed for a little while. I think the old GT5 infrastructure was probably too cumbersome and complicated and in the 3 years of its life they figured out more efficient ways of doing things and just started all over.

for example: what about the possibility of removing/adding the names/cars of the opponents list, as well as other parts of the HUD? It is an easy update, it would take polyphony 1 day to add this feature.
This would take 1 second...

I don't want the opponents list.

To me it's clear that they completely overhauled the infrastructure of the game for GT6, possibly even starting from scratch. That means they can't just carry over everything from GT5 and copy/paste it into GT6, they may have to rewrite/reformat some code and that can take time. I have to presume that all the simple missing features from GT5 will eventually make their way into GT6 but it might be on drip-feed for a little while. I think the old GT5 infrastructure was probably too cumbersome and complicated and in the 3 years of its life they figured out more efficient ways of doing things and just started all over.

Oh no, it's way too similar to be from the ground up. They rewrote some of the code, but used a lot of GT5, A LOT.

Wish PD would allow for more on/off features for the HUD. I like to play using the speedometer/rpm gauge view, but would like to disable everything else on screen for a more immersive experience. There's no option to disable individual items. When you set it to "Display Off", then it also gets rid of the gauges. Hope they fix this.

Wish PD would allow for more on/off features for the HUD. I like to play using the speedometer/rpm gauge view, but would like to disable everything else on screen for a more immersive experience. There's no option to disable individual items. When you set it to "Display Off", then it also gets rid of the gauges. Hope they fix this.

I'm with you on this, the more options the better imo. It would be nice if we could choose what HUD items to display individually, & then toggle it all on/off with 1 button during gameplay.

Last edited:
I don't know about others, but I find the HUD to be really bad. So much useless information taking up space and pulling me out of the experience.

• I don't want a g-meter in the middle of the cockpit, it's distracting.

• I don't need an instrument to show me how much throttle/brake I'm pressing. My finger/foot is on it, I already know.

• The tire and fuel indicators take up so much space, only to be used in 5-6 races in the entire game.

Why can't we choose which things to turn on/off? Why does it have to be everything or nothing? Thank god we can at least turn off the driver names list. How the HUD options allow you to disable the rev meter but not any of the superficial ones is beyond me.

Same reason we weren't given a number of options that people made threads about with GT5 like more online options that still haven't happened. GT isn't a true sim, a true sim has multiple options for just about everything even with what you've suggested, it's too much detailed clutter work and PD does that only for visuals on a limited scale.

This may belong in the "reviews and feedback" subforum, but I am behind this 1,000,000,000%. That's one Billion percent.

We should be able to toggle on/off and move every piece of that wacky HUD. But, I think bs like visionGT cars and other non-racing crap is really taking the lead now. PD studio has gone off the deep end more than ever before, and that's really saying something.

Gaming PC, you are closer to entering my life than ever before. This causes great sadness within old research..

Why can't we choose which things to turn on/off? Why does it have to be everything or nothing?...How the HUD options allow you to disable the rev meter but not any of the superficial ones is beyond me.

They really need to start give us more options via game updates. When Project Cars comes out on the PS4 & gives us all content on day 1 with loads of options to tailor the game to our liking, will everyone on here still buy GT7 as well?

would be nice to have a 900 degrees of rotation on the wheel in game to match the steering on my wheel. I love driving in cockpit view but not in GT because of that very reason.

VBR
They really need to start give us more options via game updates. When Project Cars comes out on the PS4 & gives us all content on day 1 with loads of options to tailor the game to our liking, will everyone on here still buy GT7 as well?

I think PD is in for a hard time with pCARS. Had they of listened to the community it would have been avoided but oh well, easy come easy go as some would put it.

Last edited:
I would love to be able to change light intensity of the HUD and all race info.
It is really too bright and disturbing while night racing...

That's a great idea! It would also be nice to make the HUD more transparent as well as less bright, if we had two sliders we could tailor the look of it to our own liking.

I always turn everything off.
But I would like a NFS shift 2 HUD style. BTW, if NFS shift had good physics it would be a great game.

Would be great to get the round gauges in cockpit view when in a standard car, like in GT5, now that you can choose the color of it! :(
i get that view with some standards, alot actually. Noticed it last week. Don't know if it was in an update or something. They still need it as an option however, like in gt5.

Definitely. It would be great if there were more HUD options. Having a bar tachometer is pretty bad for me, would much rather a standard circular face.

I would actually use cockpit view more with my HUD disabled if I could adjust my field of view and reposition the camera. At the moment in almost every car, the field of view is just way too narrow to be playable and the camera locks me into a position where I can barely see the track or other cars.

Back