Realism

• Thread starter chunder27
  • 5 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
England
Stevenage
chunder34
They call this the Real Driving Simulator yes?

Ok this is a real situation.

15 minute races on the Inter A licence.

My car a Vette C6 race car. Tuned to over 700hp, about 630PP Hard tyres, increased aero for more grip at Nordschleife.

Last race at above track. Clearly going to have to do 3 laps as in this car a lap takes about 6.30 to 6.40.

So, start whatever 15th and as usual Polyphony pick a bunch of blockers in front of you who just brake in a straight line into corners and due to the narrowness of the track, make it very hard to pass clean, so you have to be a bit rough and ready.

Front group is 3 cars, a McLaren F1, a Citreon thing and the duck tail McLaren F1, how this can be in a 650 PP group I am not sure but anyway.

So, you get close, the group is close. You get past one, he drops away about 10 seconds, you get past the second he drops away about 10 seconds so it's just me and white McLaren. I pass him fairly easy, and then he just sits there, right up my chuff for the entirety of the rest of the race, going 10-15 seconds a lap faster than he did when he was leading on his own. Any mitskae he is barging past, spinning me round.

To reiterate, you make up a huge gap in 2 laps, taking seconds a lap out of the other car, then as soon as you pass, he is magically able to lap at the same speed as you?

You catch up again, pass again, and there he is, nudging your back end, sitting right there.

Real driving Simulator eh?

In my Corvette that sounds like a Capri all of a sudden, I am thinking not.

Now, I sympathise with the making a game challenging deal, but surely they can do better than this. For a start if this was REAL, and Yamauchi knows it to be the case, as he drives there, you can't pass anywhere around the track unless someone makes a mistake as it's too narrow. That's not REAL.

I struggle with this I really do, aspects of it are very good, but the sounds, AI and difficulty are literally more all over the place in this game, than perhaps ANY other game title I have ever played in my life on any format.

around the track you are talking about this would probably be about right because of the long straights he would be able to sit in the slipstream which would make him faster than he was when he was leading because there was no slipstream

around the track you are talking about this would probably be about right because of the long straights he would be able to sit in the slipstream which would make him faster than he was when he was leading because there was no slipstream
That does make a certain degree of sense, but it's due to GT's rubber band that this happens, otherwise the AI car in question would have been going at the pace he was after being overtaken for the whole race. Slipstream wouldn't account for such an increase in pace. Check out the thread Johnny posted above. It is a good thread. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back