Really... Does anyone drink beer and race ?

.....thats what im doing while racing....

got one opened, and one ready. four ways on the straights means im taking a sip :)

im pretty good at keeping it together, but when i cant, ill just stay out of the way.

...its a video game...no ones gonna get hurt :)

I don’t do any on line racing after alcohol on GTS. I wouldn’ want to interfere with some else’s good time. I did drink and play Dirty NASCAR on GT6. In those rooms, racers openly spoke of their activities. :cheers:

.....thats what im doing while racing....
In
got one opened, and one ready. four ways on the straights means im taking a sip :)

im pretty good at keeping it together, but when i cant, ill just stay out of the way.

...its a video game...no ones gonna get hurt :)

That's what I'm talking about, have fun

Yeah probably about 20 units(5 pints & 5 whisky) in and can still lap at my quali time.. might lose a couple of places because I break slightly early but just feel the car is pretty unstable. If I mess up I just wait and rejoin at the back.( I don’t drink and drive IRL. That is something completely different)

Last edited:
I've done this a couple of times and noticed the difference. After Christmas and a litre of Captain Morgans, thought I'd go for one quick online race to do my daily miles. Man was my lap times completely off. My braking was earlier or way too late. I'd say I'm a decent driver but this was way off normality.

Try not to go online if I've had a drink now. Like others have said, stick to GTL of I have

I used to occasionally pop a bottle of apple cider. It didn't affect my gameplay too much expect if i got rammed... then i get pretty irritated lol. On the other hand, last year on Forza 6 i would get a good buzz on half a bottle of wine. This was after a long, stressful day at work while playing hoppers online. I was not pulling my fastest laps (i at least got podium finish) but my laps were more consistent. I felt that forza was fast paced and alcohol just kind of helped my brain slow down and hit apexes better.... weird.

I drink and race most weekends. Have a bottle of wine during a Friday night, and then hop online when most of the rammers are asleep. Racing is pretty clean; from me and the fellow nightowls!

On the weekends I like to drink some beers. Anyone else ? I race Ok until about #7. I know I shouldn't drink and drive, but what about drink and race ? I play this game to have fun and also enjoy the forum...happy brew year.
Now we know how you made that other thread, Steven.

All the best in the new year,
— MikeTheHockeyFan

Mate on a a saturday i get at least 8 stella in me. I have set some of my best laptimes on it.
In the week soft drinks only and thats fun too.
Do what you please your not in a real car.

Last edited:
I did... Until last night!
I can d&d with a ds4 just fine, but with a wheel, not yet! I was all over the place. Noticed in my quali, started at the back and stayed there. I even drove off track and waited when I passed the odd victim of a mid pack battle. Best not get involved!
DR down, SR up.

I drink light beer when racing. I prefer "real" beer, but I see my coordination falling off after too many. Light beer keeps me competitive much longer. I love beers and sim racing, just so stress relieving.

Does anyone drink beer and race ?

I don't anymore ever since I developed a drinking problem.
oAxVD.gif

giphy.gif

It's mid day & iam just about to have a beer & play a game project cars 2 career or gts career it's new years eve the wife told me to

That's a new say dirty drivers will use to excuse their behaviour on track - "Sorry, I have been drinking, I didn't mean to do it!"

People drinking would explain some of the wreckless racers I have seen. I would hope people do not choose to drink. Could end up ruining someone else's race...

Back