Really... Does anyone drink beer and race ?

My friends and I have a drinking game. We set time trial lap times (not in GTS yet) and then start drinking. The worst drivers in our group are usually able to keep the same times at least 6 beers in, but the fastest does not have a chance to follow up the sober times after drinking.

I think the reason why the fast drivers are not able to hold the time after drinking, is because the driving is on the edge. Nobody have the same reaction time when drunk, so their times fall down to the slower drivers.

However, we never race online while drinking.

Drinking while driving/race ..no way .. you can spoil it ....:lol:

Seriously... it's better don't move some habits from the game to the real life ...

IR

Pretty much all the time... It is a video game.
I take what my friends take seriously... Though I would like clean good racing. but telling coltsjugg to shut up and smashing him are a completely different lollypop

Usually on the weekend.

I've said it before but I actually worked from SR B to SR S all while completely hammered. Brake earlier and give everyone space are really the only adjustments I make while I drink. If you already know the circuit and aren't pushing the envelope most of it is pretty automated. Adjust for the body lag and it tends to work out fine.

Usually on the weekend.

I've said it before but I actually worked from SR B to SR S all while completely hammered. Brake earlier and give everyone space are really the only adjustments I make while I drink. If you already know the circuit and aren't pushing the envelope most of it is pretty automated. Adjust for the body lag and it tends to work out fine.
Haha body lag. I like that :lol::P

Happy new year ! For me its just a fun game but last night was a mess, too many beers... Sorry but true.
Just checking the results of showing friends (some with beer instead of scotch) my cockpit and new game during new years party. Knocks the old sr quite a bit.lol

Absolutely. I also prefer scotch. Usually have 1 (sometimes 2, -one fingers) before getting the game fired up, then, only a sip here and there between races/qualifying.
Never get "drunk"... but would not head out in the real world either... a light buzz if you will.
I'm just as fast with a couple in my belly as I am sober, but have much more patience and am much more tolerant... kinda get an "oh well" attitude.
Any more than that, and my consistency falls off, making me a liability (to my Dr/Sr and others), so, I stick to off-line.

Drunk driving is extremely dangerous, especially at racing speeds. That's why it's illegal.

To those who admitted having more than 3 drinks before playing - don't bother deleting your posts, I have already taken screen shots and the police are on their way to the thread.

.....thats what im doing while racing....

got one opened, and one ready. four ways on the straights means im taking a sip :)

im pretty good at keeping it together, but when i cant, ill just stay out of the way.

...its a video game...no ones gonna get hurt :)

Same here

81BDB0F6-680A-43E3-8871-8A2CB896B271.jpeg

Get it while you can before it goes bye bye!

We have a beer room every Friday night. Some of the best memories in the game for me, racing with my friends while a bit intoxicated. The best part is the banter back and forth. One night I got out of my race chair and into my easy chair about midnight, fell asleep with headset on and treated my friends to my snoring :lol:. For real races, maybe 1 or 2 beers to loosen this old guy up.

When I was drinking, I would drive better until about #3 or 4. Then it wasn't my skill that suffered, so much as my focus (attention) and my attitude. LOL
Nowadays, I don't drink. At all.

When I was drinking, I would drive better until about #3 or 4. Then it wasn't my skill that suffered, so much as my focus (attention) and my attitude. LOL
Nowadays, I don't drink. At all.
I used to play pool at the local bar. We learned that the best pool was always played after 4-5 beers. Any more than that saw diminishing returns. Thus we dubbed it "The Pabst Curve":cheers:

I've raced on a few beers deep. Also some other substances that are legal here in WA State. I'm definitely off the pace a bit under those circumstances

Oh yes I do this.

When driving in Real Life I will drive after 2 beers, but a 3rd and its a no go, even if I feel alright.

In GT Sport the consequence is not there, so I have no issue in doing it. I won't intentionally drive like an idiot though might just miss a braking point or apex. The more you drink the harder it gets. The faster the car the harder it gets. Most of the time it is when I have mates around and we decide to play, or after getting home from a big night with a few people and we just want to see how bad we are.

I absolutely drink while I’m racing. I usually keep drinking until I notice I’m losing control a lot more. Then I quit the game and put on Netflix. I only race single player anyway

I used to play pool at the local bar. We learned that the best pool was always played after 4-5 beers. Any more than that saw diminishing returns. Thus we dubbed it "The Pabst Curve":cheers:
If you’re at a bar that has Dragon’s Milk on tap, you’d be blacked out after four! Lol

When using a wheel I find that a couple of drinks and I'm much more relaxed and focused, so I can see some consistent lap times and usually they're even faster.

If I have more than a couple, I'm lucky if I can finish a lap.

Back