Reasons for rally penality

  • Thread starter Thread starter milen
  • 15 comments
  • 1,403 views
Messages
29
Why are there penalities in the rally races? I find them not only disturbing, but wrongfully attribuited. I explain: why the hell do I get a penality it I get hit by the opponent?
 
I think it's just if the front of your car hits something then there's a penalty.
 
^^nope, i've had cars ram me in the side and i get a penalty. one time i was in a really important race and i spun out and the other car came and ram my side door and i got the penalty and he just drop off. you try ramming them in the side, or even touching their rear, you're gonna get it
 
Try not not hit cars or walls thats all,drive with respect.



Edit: "try not to hit"
 
Reasons are probably because in real-life, if you break your car, you need time to repair so sometimes you have time penality. PD maybe wanted to include these ''penality'' without the actual damages.

My opinion :)
 
I think its if you hit something with the front of your car, from about the b pillar forward you get a penalty.
Its a great idea, just executed very very poorly.
 
Actually, the reason Polyphony put these in Gran Turismo 4 is the fact that drivers will learn not to try to ride or colliding with walls due to a 5-second penalty, although Polyphony actually didn't go as far as they first intentionally were. :)

It shouldn't be much of a problem if you just let your rear section of your car hit the walls as the penalty will not effect you, Although thats if if you are a cheap racer who likes colliding rides the walls:odd:👍

End of this thread for now as Christmas is in 22 minutes!👍

 
Yeah, well they should have implemented that better, in real life, you drive alone on the track with a copilot telling you the corners.
In gt4, not only ou get penalities for hitting walls (which I agree with), but there are tracks where you simply have to fight for your position, why then do they put a penality in car-contact, and why just to me, the opponent never get's it (I have tried, breaking in front of the opponent, and still, I get rammed in the a$$, plus get 5 secs, he nothing)
 
Because it's stupid, half-arsed and stupid.

Did I mention that it's stupid?
 
Famine
Because it's stupid, half-arsed and stupid.

Did I mention that it's stupid?

that's brilliant, and MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS... and GIRLS! :) :) :)
 
if ure gonna hit a wall.... make sure its the back portion of the car.. u wont get a penalty. but learn to control the car so u DONT hit the walls/other car(s) :p
 
I can do it, but where is the race, when i need a 750 hp car to pas a 200 hp car in the beginning and then stay in front?
and yes, when i hit a wall, i manage to hit it with the back of the car.
 
milen
I can do it, but where is the race, when i need a 750 hp car to pas a 200 hp car in the beginning and then stay in front?
and yes, when i hit a wall, i manage to hit it with the back of the car.

There can't be a race against AI while AI have no brain and cars suffer no damage. It's indeed just a matter of getting ahead as soon as possible.
Hotlaps are the greatest part of the game.
 
Me I enjoy it to the fullest, makes the game "challenging"(200 a-spec point race against the celica gt-4 Casta di Amalfi reverse,now thats satisfying) if you want to avoid it sooo badly, just gameshark or something:sick:
 
The 5 second penalty is really a PITA. The rally "races" are hard enough when trying to share the road with that other car that is on rails. Passing almost guarantees you a penalty, especially on Grand Canyon.

For a quick stress release, nail that AI car in the slow, technical section at over 100mph. It will give you a nice braking effect and the penalty won't be noticed too much because of the slow section.
 
Back