Recommend a car

• Thread starter TurboSmoke
  • 22 comments
Special Conditions - Rallye De Umbria - Hard

i cant beat this evo. What should i be using (except massive amounts of skill, tried it, it ditnt work.)

its having a bad effect on my my childs upbringing...where does she learn all those swear words?

Any quite powerful track racer will do, I used the BMW M3 GTR race car with R3 tyres. It has great handling and enough speed to beat the opposition. 👍

- R -

German car. CLK 55,set up is crucial with a big wing.Use close gear ratio and soft tires. High downforce. MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR is to get the lead early. If you take the lead early in any of thse SPECIAL CONDITION races you competition will just follow you, albeit closely. If you do NOT get a lead early on,then the competition will keep pulling away eventually kicking your butt.

Another thing to remember is that these races have no tyre wear issues, so running R5s may lower your A-spec points, but it also makes life a lot easier.

Regards

Scaff

Everyone likes something different of course, but my solution to the road rallies is grace, not power.

I've won all the road rallies with the Alpine 1600s tunes to 257 (253?) horses with Stock suspension and no wing (so no downforce). I do add the fully customizable LSD to this car but set it to 10, 5, 5, just enough to settle the rear of the car a tiny bit as it tends to get away pretty badly at any speed over about 100 mph.

I also love to drive the Lotus Elise, Ruf RGT, Lotus Elan, Lancia Stratos, etc. around these courses. Yes, sometimes at the hard level the AI car pulls away like crazy on the straights, but with a light, nimble car with exceptional handling, you'll slaughter the rally cars through the corners.

Because you can use any tires you want in these races, you can go with as soft a tire as you like, but I personally like to go with Racing Super-Hards or Racing-Hards.

Good luck!

I dont remember the car that I used on this specifically, but I'd recomend one of these:

Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car

And if youre feeling lazy:
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM
Pagani Zonda LM

chinny
Suzuki GSX/R. Mod this little beast and it will beat anything bar the FGT car on most circuts.

I LOVE that little bouncer. Yes, I belive it could win Umbria hard, although I haven't done it, I've come close a few times. That car is so unfair in some races, it so outclasses the competition, you can just play games with them. It can easily win 172 point races.

Alas, I finally tried the Minolta for Umbria (actually as a joke) and found it was very easy. Took it both ways first try. Just take it easy, and open it up on the straights.

But the Suzuki!!!! Ah! I've run the race where the lead would change hands 4 times! The car just zips and zags so fast down the stairsteps! It just bangs and bounces around without hitting the walls... It's so small there are lots more places to pass. I like it in Seattle too. Just wish I could get dirt tires for it.

That car is so much fun!

UPLATE
MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR is to get the lead early. If you take the lead early in any of thse SPECIAL CONDITION races you competition will just follow you, albeit closely. If you do NOT get a lead early on,then the competition will keep pulling away eventually kicking your butt.

Not necessarily. I've won lots of races where the lead changed hands more than once. The key is learning where to pass, and to hang back and plan your approach to the pass.

At Umbria, there are several places to pass. One of the best is the right turn with a wide apron that has an abutment just before a steep uphill sweeping left-right. It's a turn you always overshoot when you're learning the track because you don't see it tighten up until it's too late... Anyway, if you know about it, you can enter the turn slow enough to take it tight, instead of instinctively wide, and pass with ease. There are other places that you just have to learn an alternative passing line. Straightaways are not necessarily the best place to pass, because the tendency to overshoot the end.

The point is to study the track for passing opportunities, and to NOT try to pass until there is a viable opportunity. Patience!

And once you get ahead, watch your rear view -- it's Umbria, after all. Chill out and "own the line".

Back