Red-Line

Nice, nice. Keep it up, I'm really enjoying this. Any idea how many chapters there will end up being?

I don't know.., i will try to find more "races".., BTW, a few of the races will happen in world circuits.., :)

Rnngh... Need more!

take it easy, man..,

👍 The warm-up to the race episode.

I like it. ;)

BTW, Holdenboy.....back to your Torana comment with an episode here in Australia, that would take about 4 lines of writing and would go like this.

"G'day mate, wanna run??"
"Aww, what car is that"
"It's an SS mate, V8 powaaaaaaah!!"
"Okay, let's race"
Red light, red light, red light, Green light hits, Evo takes off.............
............Evo wins.

Evoboy looks for SS, only to find he turned off 400m back up the road after getting munched off the line. :P

^i don't get this last sentence.., sorry for being a noob, Mafs.., :lol:

:lol: It's not drugs, it's called lack of sleep and you must be suffering from it too. :P Obviously you forgot about the SS Torana. ;) XU-1 would be good aswell, but the L34 came straight into my mind when I thought about it. :)

And, an SS Commodore won't eat the Evo in a straight line.......but the R8 will. :embarrassed: And seeing the Evo X is slower than the Evo IX, it will be easier for them to be eaten.

@ drifting24/7 - It's a common thing here in Sydney where if the person is getting absolutely beaten off the line, he does a quick left turn in the nearest sidestreet to avoid humiliation. And it happens a lot with those cars because people line up the Commodore SS vs WRX's and Evo's here all the time in traffic light grand prix's. ;) It's a common V8 vs 4cylinder lover thing.

More racing next chapter! Cant wait! :D

Civic vs Evo, and Evo vs Evo? Someone likes to be different from the other kids. :lol:

Are the upgrades for the cars actually for real (like tweaking them in GT4) or are they simply for the story? It would be a massacre if the EvoV got any faster. :lol:

:lol: It's not drugs, it's called lack of sleep and you must be suffering from it too. :P Obviously you forgot about the SS Torana. ;) XU-1 would be good aswell, but the L34 came straight into my mind when I thought about it. :)

And, an SS Commodore won't eat the Evo in a straight line.......but the R8 will. :embarrassed: And seeing the Evo X is slower than the Evo IX, it will be easier for them to be eaten.

@ drifting24/7 - It's a common thing here in Sydney where if the person is getting absolutely beaten off the line, he does a quick left turn in the nearest sidestreet to avoid humiliation. And it happens a lot with those cars because people line up the Commodore SS vs WRX's and Evo's here all the time in traffic light grand prix's. ;) It's a common V8 vs 4cylinder lover thing.

And normally they are modified V8s that beat the 4cyls. Still on the streets it's a question of who has the most money really.
I chose the XU-1 for touge for better weight distribution and less wheelspin. The SS is fine though for anything else ;) The R8 wins on brakes too, I've seen it in races on the tele.

Just do what you want to =drifting24/7= as far as continuing the story goes. You could easily send them to France. Costa and Renault.

I reckon a nice winter snap in the story would be good as they drive across Europe to get an excuse for some snow action. :cool:

Oh, the XU1 vs SS Torana debate Holdenboy....looking at the stats, the SS was the quicker of the two, in pace and top end, and was only 100kg heavier for the 308 version. ;)
I'll send ya a PM of the info I found, you'll love the video of how they turn a Torana into a 3 person tent/camper! :lol:

1/4 mile vs touge Mafs, I'm talking touge and touge only. The SS would indeed be better everywhere else, or just get an SL/R 5000 ;) But work the XU-1 a little and it will be best on touge probably. That video sounds evil.

This is where the problem lies for all Torrie fans N4HS. The XU1 is iconic because it is the only 6 cylinder Aussie car to win at Mt.Panorama and being Brocky's first victory it will be in our folklore, and that's where it starts a good argument for Touge.
However, forget about straightline, I'm talking around corners and the lot with this argument!! The LJ XU1, LH SL/R & LX A9X are all Bathurst winning models, and as the other two went through the same amount of laps in a lot better time, I give the edge to them. The A9X was the only one of the lot to have 4 wheel disc brakes + the RTS system. ;) And a GENUINE L34 had enough power to tear people's heads off, the factory hp figures were a joke!! :mischievous:

Anyway, we'd better keep this to another thread otherwise we'll stuff up redline's story. Let's continue this in PM.

Carry on redline. :D:tup:

I reckon a nice winter snap in the story would be good as they drive across Europe to get an excuse for some snow action. :cool:

:rolleyes:

*edit - I will try to find as much races as I can, so that Red-Line will have a long story.., :tpu:

expect Chapter 7 to come out today, I'm still uploading the pictures.., :D

hmmm, looks like Chapter 7 will have to wait.., I thought I could finish the story in a day.., sorry for the inconvenience, please bear with us..,

Chapter 7 : Struggling from More Power

Editor's Note: When you see an italicized dialogue with this symbol "~", that means the dialogue is a radio transmission. Enjoy reading!

"I'll watch from the esses right next to the long back straight. We'll just radio to each other what happens in the race."
-"Better hurry Guiseppe, or you'll be in their way. The race is going to start soon."

We are to race in the counter-clockwise direction of the track. I can hear clearly the new sound of my Spoon Civic's engine. Race 3, begin!!

Start03.jpg

[POV Shift]

~ "Hey Marcus, can you hear me over the radio?"
~ -"Loud and clear, Guiseppe."
~ "Okay, you tell me what's happening on your side of the course and I tell you what's happening on mine."
~ -"Got it. Forgot to tell you Guiseppe, my location is now in the hairpin."
~ "That's okay, as long as you tell me what's happening on your side. I'll be watching from the rooftop of a house."

"I can easily note the change in performance after my car had been tuned. It's gone faster all right... but, is it better??"
"So, the Honda is up first.., piece of cake, my AWD Evo won't lose to a mere FF... I'll finish this race quickly."

TheDescent.jpg

"My Civic feels heavy, or is it just me??"
"He's right on my tail?? I must be having a nightmare..."

Soooooclose.jpg

Hairpin-1.jpg

(looks at binoculars) ~ "Marcus, they are now exiting the chicane and coming in to the long straight."

"Hmm, corners that lead onto a straight... If I take a proper racing lane, I will have a greater exit speed..."
"I can't shake him off, he's faster than I thought."

ProperRacingLine.jpg

~ "The Civic is keeping up with the Lancer on the straight!"
~ -"What??"

"What the?? That Civic is keeping up on this long back straight?? No way I'm gonna let you pass!!"
"Whoa!! This guy clearly doesn't want to get overtaken. This races gets tougher and tougher every second."

LongStraight.jpg

~ "The Civic is right on the Lancer's rear end!"
-"Hmmm...(looks at Team MUGEN).. ~ Guiseppe, keep an eye out for that Civic in the esses."
~ -"You got it."

"These esses are much tighter when tackled uphill. This is hard."
"My AWD traction has an edge over uphills. You won't stand a chance!!"

~ "Marcus, the Lancer is pulling away on the esses!"
"Just as I thought, that Civic became much harder to control on tight uphills."

UphillEsses.jpg

"(looks at side of the road) ...There are sidewalks on the edge of the road. If I could use those to shorten my cornering distance, I'll catch up to him."

PullingAway-1.jpg

"All right, let's try it. Ikkeeee!"

CuttingCorners.jpg

"One more time, go Spoon Civic!"

CuttingCornersII.jpg

~ "Guiseppe, the Civic caught up on the corners before the hairpin!"
~ -"What??"
~ "The Civic is right on the Lancer's tail again! This is unbelievable!"

"What in blazes?! I know for sure there was a huge gap between us. How'd he catch up?!?!"
"Good, I caught up to him."

ShorteningtheGap.jpg

(looks at rear view mirror) "Hah, wheelspin!!"
"Aaaaggh! Wheelspin!!"

Wheelspin.jpg

"Just as I was about to catch up, dammit! Is it because of that increased power that my Civic encountered wheelspin??"
"That's the problem with FWD's. Can't have too much power, or you will just smoke your tires."

Wenttoowide.jpg

(meanwhile, on Team MUGEN)

"Say, Kairi.... how much power did the Civic gain after tuning?"
-"I think the Civic now generates 250hp, so that makes about a 40hp increase."
"I see. But, wouldn't that extra power just create more wheelspin??"
-"Yes, why??"
"Wouldn't that make Tori-san have a harder time driving the Civic, considering he's already having a hard time with the course??"
-"That's the plan."
"What plan??"
-"You'll find out, soon..."
"Okay... Kairi, you're always like this."

*back on the race*

"He instantly regained his lost momentum?? This guy is very good. This tension feels great, now this is a race!"
"I don't have much time left. I must find a way to overtake him quickly."

ShorteningtheGapII.jpg

"My car certainly feels heavier. What did Kairi and the mechanics do to my car??"

TheDescentII.jpg

"I'm starting to think this guy is better than me. No, I must not get intimidated, or I will lose."

HeavyBraking.jpg

~ "Hey Marcus, they are now approaching the straight again."

"These sequence of corners. I must focus on the road, not on the car on front of me."

ProperRacingLineII.jpg

~ "The Civic is gaining on the Lancer!!"
~ -"!!What was that?!"

"!!WHAT THE?!?! (looks at side)"
"All right!"

Sidebyside.jpg

~ "They are now neck and neck!!"

"No way, this isn't happening. I'm losing to a Honda on a drag race?!"
"Come on, just a little more..."

DragRace.jpg

~ "The Civic just passed the Lancer!!"
-"Unbelievable..."

"Great, now I passed him!!"
"I don't get this!!"

Leading.jpg

"Better be careful in here, got to maintain my position."
"I need to catch up! No way I'm gonna get humiliated by a mere FF!!"

~ "It now just out-paced the Lancer in the esses!!"
-"......."

MaintainingtheLead.jpg

"He's pulling away?!?! No good, he's too fast!!"

PullingAwayII-1.jpg

"All right , I won again!"
"I....lost....to a Civic....."

Finish.jpg

[POV Shift]

"Raphael, you lost??"
-"I don't know what happened. All of a sudden, that Civic got faster after he passed me on the back straight."
"He passed you on the back straight??"
-"Yeah. I know it's hard to believe, but he did."
"Hmm, these guys are better than I thought. Well, looks like I'm up next."

"Tori, you did great!"
-"Thanks, Kyosuke-san."
"So, how did your car feel back there??"
-"I don't know, Kagiyama-san. I'll be blunt, I don't like my Civic being tuned."
"So, you're saying you prefer your Civic the way it was before it was tuned?"
-" Well, yes, Kagiyama-san."
"I see... Kyosuke, it's your turn now."

Kyosuke approached our opponents, "The second race is up next. Who's driving on your side?"
-"I am. Giovanni Botello."
"Kyosuke Maiyuki. Which position will you take??"
-"Leading."
Kyosuke nods his head, "Let's get started, shall we??"

Next on Red-Line - Chapter 8 : CP9A vs CP9A - Evo V vs Evo VI

don't miss it!!

Another epic chapter! :D:tup:

Using the kerb to take the corner faster? Sneaky. :P

Why is the Evo suprised at the Civic being faster on the straight? He obviously doesn't know of the EG6 that terrorizes the Japan 90's Challenge. :D

Cant wait for chapter 8. The battle of the CP9A's!

What's the problem with that?? :odd: Besides, it was only a suggestion, sheesh. :irked:

no no, it's not like that.., you guys are mind-readers, i already have a save replay of Chamonix.., :)

my personal favorite pic in Chapter 7 is when the Spoon Civic is very very very close to the Evo VIII.., just a few more inches and their license plates would have touched..,

"I can get soooooo close....." :D

*edit - @ VTiRoj - those are sidewalks, not kerbs, so I call that the gutt.....errr....sidewalk run.., :D

Please do not double post! :grumpy: You have received a warning about this already.
Use the edit button to edit new information into your last active post in the thread, as you did when you edited things into your subsequent post. 👍
Posts merged.

Please do not double post! :grumpy: You have received a warning about this already.
Use the edit button to edit new information into your last active post in the thread, as you did when you edited things into your subsequent post. 👍
Posts merged.

Sorry Smallhorses to ask......

Is that directed at myself, roj or drifting?? I have had a double post or two recently myself. :nervous:

Sorry Smallhorses to ask......

Is that directed at myself, roj or drifting?? I have had a double post or two recently myself. :nervous:

Cant be me, I didn't double post. :sly:

I am pretty sure he meant =drifting24/7=, although it could be you Mafs, you naughty boy. :dopey:

that's me.., i apologize for double posting and thread bumping.., i didn't mean to do it.., apologies..,

Cant be me, I didn't double post. :sly:

I am pretty sure he meant =drifting24/7=, although it could be you Mafs, you naughty boy. :dopey:
It's only been one off's to include new info in the 1/4 mile thread, not deliberate bumping. ;)

that's me.., i apologize for double posting and thread bumping.., i didn't mean to do it.., apologies..,

So it's you drifting, cool.....atleast I know. 👍 Also I didn't realise I did a nostradamus on you mate with the Chamonix thing so I apologise for that. :embarrassed: Was just something I thought of seeing you were at Costa, and thought drive from Italy to Hong Kong via there, go for a marathon cruise. :sly:

On that note I would like to write a letter to roj for his naughty boy comment. ;)

,,l,,

Yours Truly,
mafia_boy

I can't read sign language. And being deaf means nothing when you are writing a letter. All you need is your vision and hand movements. ;)

*waits patiently for the next chapter of Red-Line*

You're kidding! You're gonna leave us hanging like that?!?!?

This is just a wonderful picture also:
Sidebyside.jpg

sorry for the big delay guys.., i just finished Chapter 8 a few hours ago and i'm still uploading the pictures.., i didn't have time yesterday because of, "special occasions/personal reasons".., Chapter 8 will be posted up later, I just hope i can finish uploading the pictures..,

*edit - \/ thanks :)

man, uploading my pics is going to take forever, the internet connection in my house is super slow.., i think i've already ranted about every "nice" word/phrase that can come out of someone's mouth, 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 Chapter 8 has been delayed :grumpy: and it's going to be delayed yet again :grumpy: sorry to keep you guys waiting.., again, apologies, sorry for the inconvenience, please bear with us.., :indiff::indiff:

What a coincidence, my internet connection sucks too. It takes about 20mins to upload one photo from a digital camera on to the internet for me.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my reasonably fast internet as always. :D

Although I know what its like to have slow internet (AOL, BLOODY AOL), so I know how you guys feel. :P

Dont feel too bad about the delay. 👍

Chapter 8 : CP9A vs CP9A - Evo V vs Evo VI

Kyosuke nods his head, "Let's get started, shall we??"

~ "Hey Marcus, I'm going to change my position. I'll watch from the chicane right next to the hairpin, so that I can have a good view of the straight."
~ -"I'll move too, I'll watch from the sweeper near the arch. Better get a move on now, the next race is about to start."
~ "Sure thing."
-"Two Lancer Evos... this should turn out to be an exciting race..."

I looked as the two Lancer Evos roll out to start the race. The crowds must be getting excited, I can tell by the noise they're making. Someone even shouted, "This race looks like a WRC duel!". Race 4, begin!!

[POV Shift]

"So, he's using a black Lancer Evo V.., let's see which driver is better at using the CP9A!"
"He's driving an Evo VI Tommi Makkinen Edition.., he has good taste."

StartII.jpg

"I can feel the change in performance. My Evo V feels great!"
"Let's see how good these foreigners really are."

Firstcorner.jpg

(muffler bangs)
"What was that sound?? Was that from him??"
"Nani?? Was that from the new exhaust?? Whatever it is, it sounds intimidating."

Atthehairpin.jpg

~ "Guiseppe, they are now coming at the sweeper."

"I'm not gonna waste any more time. I'll overtake him from the outside."
"He's passing me from the outside?!"

TheOutsideLine.jpg

~ "The black Evo is trying to overtake from the outside!!"
~ -"The outside?? That's impossible!!"

"Do you think I'm that stupid enough and weak to get passed on the outside?! Not a chance!!"

SidebySideII.jpg

~ "Did the Black Evo take the lead??"

"Hey, what the??"
"I'm not gonna let you pass me !!"

Shunttowardsthewall.jpg

"He tried to push me towards the wall by blocking me! For a sore loser like him, I'm definitely not gonna lose!"

~ -"(runs toward the track to see the two cars) No, the white one blocked him."

Forcedtoslowdown.jpg

~ "Overtaking on the outside of that sweeper is almost impossible to do. You'll most likely smash on the arch if you try to do it."
~ -"Yeah, but he almost managed to pull it off."

"He's tougher that I thought. After I blocked him back there, He's still on my rear end."

MaintainingtheLead-1.jpg

"I'll catch up to him on the straight after these esses."

~ "Guiseppe, your side's coming up next."
~ -"I know, I can almost hear their engines."

TheEsses.jpg

"What the?? Are you insane?? we can't drive side by side on this narrow course!!"
"Come on, just a bit more speed..."

~ "(looks at binoculars) Marcus! They are driving side by side on the straight! They're neck and neck!!"

Neckandneck-1.jpg

"Let's see if you can block me here..."

~ "They are now coming in at the chicane!! They both braked at the same time, they're still neck and neck!!"
-"These guys are amazing......"

NeckandneckII.jpg

"If I try to block him, our lines will cross and we'll both crash. Dammit!!"

~ "None of these guys just won't give up!!"
-"(speechless)......."

NeckandneckIII.jpg

"This guy IS insane... I'm having a hard time driving side by side with him..."

NeckandneckIV.jpg

"Hah! The road got narrower, I got the clear track ahead of me!"
"Oh no, not again..."

GiveupII.jpg

"Just when this race is about to get exciting, I'm about'a had it with these orange walls..."

ForcedtoslowdownII.jpg

(meanwhile, at Team MUGEN)

"Kairi, this is turning out to be an interesting race."
-"I agree, Yamato. Both of them are using the CP version of the Lancer Evolution."
"Ah yes, proclaimed by most people as the best Evolution. They say it has a greater feel and drive than the newer CT9A."
-"Great AWD traction and acceleration, powerful brakes, and to top it all off, an Active Yaw Control for superb handling. The CP9A is just perfectly balanced."
"All those factors make it a force to be reckoned with on the touge. It's all up to which driver is better."

(Tori comes in and talks to Kairi) "Uh, Kagiyama-san..."
-"Yes, Tori?"
"About my Civic..."
-"Oh yes, you say you want to have it de-tuned?"
"Yes, I don't like the new feel of the car."
-"I see... we'll do it right after the race."
"Arigato, Kagiyama-san."

*back on the race*

"He's fast, he's still keeping up with me."
"After this hairpin, comes again the sweeper. All right, better get as close to him as I can."

SecondLap-2.jpg

"That trick again? I'll just block him..."

~ "Guiseppe, the black Evo's going to try to overtake on the outside again!"

TheOutsideLineII.jpg

"He took the bait, good."

~ "No, wait..."

Fooledya.jpg

"?Huh?? Where is he?? He's not on the outside. Could he be....?"

~ "Guiseppe, their lines crossed!!"
~ -"What??"

Linescross.jpg

"Fooled ya..."

~ "The black Evo now has the inside! He's taking the lead!!"

LinescrossII.jpg

"!!Dammit, He tricked me!!"

Tookthelead-2.jpg

"One second he was on my left side, then he's now on my right?! How'd he do that?!"
"That trick went better than I expected..."

TooktheLeadII.jpg

"Time to pull away. Sayonara, you sore loser."
"He's fast!! He's pulling away from me!"

LeadingII.jpg

"I can't keep up...he's too fast..."

Cantkeepup.jpg

[POV shift]

This is interesting, the crowds cheered as Kyosuke crossed the line first. Maybe they like us now... Haha, just kidding.

"Congratulations, Kyosuke-san. You were so great back there."
-"Well, not really, but thanks anyway."
"Good job, Kyosuke. Keep it up."
-"Arigato, Kagiyama-san."

"Raphael, these guys are incredible... I even tried to block him, but still he passed me... these foreigners, who are they??"
-"That I would like to know."

I saw the guy in the red Evo, or Raphael, walk towards us and said, "You beat us fair and square, you have our respect. (looks at me) You there, the one driving the Civic. What is your name again??"
-"Tori Akawa."
"I'll remember your name, and your car. I look forward to racing with you again." Then he went to his car and our two opponents took off.

As they took off, we saw Twin Delta coming in. As they got off their cars, they approached us. Marcus was the first to speak, "So, you beat them, huh?? You guys are amazing."
Guiseppe followed, "Well, it's good to know you're the only ones that can beat us, haha!"
"By the way, since I was interrupted yesterday, I'll continue. There is another group of racers in Southern Italy by the Mediterranean Sea. You should go there and challenge them."
-Kairi replied, "I see... we now know where to go next. Thank you."
Guiseppe followed, "You guys surprised everyone around here. I agree with Guiseppe, you guys are....amazing."
Marcus said, "So, the races here are now officially over. They will come up again next month. You guys have a safe trip, we still have to go to a post-meeting, because we helped organized the race."

As they took off, Kairi said, "Well, you guys could sure use a good rest and a good meal, I bet you're tired after all these races. A job well done to the both of you."

So we left and got back to the hotel. Kairi allowed us to stay one more day to go around & see the city. Next day we would leave for our next destination.

"Say Marcus, you didn't tell those Team MUGEN guys about that white Impreza Wagon you lost to some time ago??"
-"No. That driver is way too good for them. If I tell them, they'd probably come look for it and just lose."
"I see..."

The day has come. We had to get the cars in the plane and hook them up as soon as possible. We would leave early, so that we could arrive early. Next stop: the Mediterranean Coast.

Next on Red-Line - Chapter 9 : Bayside Blau

don't miss it!!

Back