Red-Line

Well, if it gets him the girl, then he could do it. Then say he over estimated his abilities and couldn't race on Ice as well as he though, and she's helping him learn.

Get the girl, save your rep, and hey, maybe the back of the Spoon will be busy...

No, unacceptable. Losing on purpose is very uncool. Unless you did something bad to the other driver (accidentally rammed them off?) and you lose as a sign of apologies and respect kind a thang.

Besides, does the Spoon Civic even have rear seats? :lol: Unless he borrows Kyosuke's Evo. :P

But then I don't think =drifting24/7= wants to make this an (18) rated story. :sly:

I think if Tori does end up racing on ice, we'll either see some amazing driving or a plot twist. 💡

Besides, does the Spoon Civic even have rear seats? :lol: Unless he borrows Kyosuke's Evo. :P

But then I don't think =drifting24/7= wants to make this an (18) rated story. :sly:

I think if Tori does end up racing on ice, we'll either see some amazing driving or a plot twist. 💡

Or a new team member...

No update for nearly a month... we can only assume 3 things.

1. =drifting24/7= has been kidnapped by a hopeless author and is being made to write stories for them.

...OR...

2. =drifting24/7= is being a meanie and is purposefully making us wait for the next chapter so he can watch us all suffer withdrawal symptoms.

...OR...

3. =drifting24/7= has been abducted by aliens who wanted someone to play GT4 with.

Those are my theories, anyway.

Yeah, i'd say the 2nd option is most likely :). But if there were aliens seeking GT4 players, it'd be safe to say they'd cheat. I can see it now...
"What car are you using Earth guy?"
'Ahm, the Spoon Civic EK9. You?'
"This car called a... Mercedes SLR...

But then =drifting24/7= would take them to Citta and hand the aliens their butts!! (If they have butts that is) :lol:

"MERCEDES SLR is superior to SPOON CIVIC EK9. How are we losing?"
- It's called technique and familiarity with the course.
"But MERCEDES SLR is superior. I cannot understand how it is losing!"
- On the touge, it is more about the driver than the car.
"TOUGE? What is TOUGE?"
- Well, you see...

*2 hours of explaining later*

- And thats what a touge is.
"..."
- Any further questions?
"Grab the PROBE."

But then =drifting24/7= would take them to Citta and hand the aliens their butts!! (If they have butts that is) :lol:

"TOUGE? What is TOUGE?"
- Well, you see...

"..."
- Any further questions?
"Grab the PROBE."

:lol:

Another option is a Spoon Civic drove past his house and for the last month or however long he's been gone for he's been chasing it like an excited dog chasing a cat.

Another option is a Spoon Civic drove past his house and for the last month or however long he's been gone for he's been chasing it like an excited dog chasing a cat.

THAT is another very possible option 👍 Let's hope he doesn't re-enact his stories on some Italian Marketplace if he gets it. :nervous:

"TOUGE? What is TOUGE?"
- Well, you see...

"..."
- Any further questions?
"Grab the PROBE."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I was thinking a track like Fuji, but when you put it that way, it does take more than a 'Oooh, 626bhp compared to 60bhp? Easy, more power equals more win'. That would make a great race report. Shall I repeat that? :lol:. Just like driving backwards for fun... i still don't know why I did that *shakes head*. PLEASE RETURN RED-LINE!!!

Hahahahaha! :lol:

I can see him chasing after it now...

"Spooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

*the next day*

...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

*ironically the day before the next chapter of Red-Line is released*

...ooooooooooooooooon! I got you! :D"

Those pictures of you driving backwards were hillarious, mcsqueegy. :P

Thanks. :)
Roj, when you posted that above, I laughed so much i 'fell' off the chair, knocking out my internet cable (which is meant to be wireless) AND my power cable. Then my mother yelled at me for a while :lol:. So by the time i fixed it all up, it was bedtime, according to my mother. I say: how many 14 year-olds go to bed at 10.30? She replies by turning off the 🤬 computer again. Me thinks you to blame :lol:. And let's hope they don't sell EK9's in the Phillipines, for the threads' sake!

Damn, if I had known that would happen I wou... would of still posted it. :P:lol:

I blame you since you knocked out your wireless cable by finding my post funny. :dopey:

We want Redline! We want Redline!

*Holds up picket sign that reads:*
"We want Redline
Not story decline"

I want my Redline!

excuuuuuse me, YOUR Red-Line??? :irked: :lol:

Hahahahaha! :lol:

I can see him chasing after it now...

"Spooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

*the next day*

...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

*ironically the day before the next chapter of Red-Line is released*

...ooooooooooooooooon! I got you! :D"

oh please, i'm not that desperate.............or am I??? :D

We want Redline! We want Redline!

*Holds up picket sign that reads:*
"We want Redline
Not story decline"

sorry for the inconvenience.., :indiff:

drifting24/7, you've got some people fiending here mate it looks like. You're the dope fiend pushing that GOOOOOOOOOD redline stuff, getting them hooked then going dry on them for so long, making them hang out like an addict and suffer withdrawl symptoms. :lol: That's cruel mate, what's next...charging them subscription fees to read the next chapter so they can get their fix?? :P:lol:

drifting24/7, you've got some people fiending here mate it looks like. You're the dope fiend pushing that GOOOOOOOOOD redline stuff, getting them hooked then going dry on them for so long, making them hang out like an addict and suffer withdrawl symptoms. :lol: That's cruel mate, what's next...charging them subscription fees to read the next chapter so they can get their fix?? :P:lol:

look man, i don't mean to go dry on all of you for so long, :indiff: it's just that, you know the life of a college student.., there were some days where i didn't get a hold of the PS2, because of obvious reasons.., i don't want to disappoint other people, especially my dad, he expects me to study hard.., :indiff: but i am trying my best to work on Red-Line..,

look man, i don't mean to go dry on all of you for so long, :indiff: it's just that, you know the life of a college student.., there were some days where i didn't get a hold of the PS2, because of obvious reasons.., i don't want to disappoint other people, especially my dad, he expects me to study hard.., :indiff: but i am trying my best to work on Red-Line..,

Look man, you know we're only joking.:sly: Do your study, and only ever wok on Red-Line if you have spare time, don't cut study time to do this. Anyone who tells you otherwise is an A-Hole anyway.:) Good luck with your college, I'm glad I have an apprenticeship, but it does involve a college course or few which hasn't started for me yet.

Don't feel bad, College is WAY more importin than Red-Line, and we can wait for the next chapter.

drifting24/7, exactly as Holdenboy said, I am SOOO joking around mate, hence all the laughy emoticons. ;) College/University is more important and big props to you on making it a priority. 👍

:lol: @ Parnelli, you're cruel mate. :D

Look man, you know we're only joking.:sly: Do your study, and only ever work on Red-Line if you have spare time, don't cut study time to do this. Anyone who tells you otherwise is an A-Hole anyway.:) Good luck with your college, I'm glad I have an apprenticeship, but it does involve a college course or few which hasn't started for me yet.

i'll try, thanks for understanding..,

Don't feel bad, College is WAY more important than Red-Line, and we can wait for the next chapter.

thanks a lot..,

College smollege! We want more Red-Line!

maybe i didn't make myself clear on my previous post.., PLEASE READ IT..,

drifting24/7, exactly as Holdenboy said, I am SOOO joking around mate, hence all the laughy emoticons. ;) College/University is more important and big props to you on making it a priority. 👍

:lol: @ Parnelli, you're cruel mate. :D

i know you're joking.., :)

DKX
Great Story! We can all wait for the next chapter

thanks for taking the time to read my story.., :)

i apologize if i am a bit too serious and not taking all your jokes.., homework gets me lack of sleep, and lack of sleep gets me out of mood.., to lessen your "impatience", i now have the pics for Chapter 13..,

i apologize if i am a bit too serious and not taking all your jokes.., homework gets me lack of sleep, and lack of sleep gets me out of mood.., to lessen your "impatience", i now have the pics for Chapter 13..,

Yeah, Parnelli was most definitely joking around.

I know how it feels to not be getting enough sleep: try 2 hours a night for a week and not being able to do squat about it. Oh, and then sleeping for about 12 hours a day for the next few days... :crazy:

Anyhow, next chapter of Fury isn't getting worked on until the next chapter of Red-Line is out...

PUT MORE PRESSURE ON HIM!!! J/k mate.

You've just started college and your losing sleep? Woah, woah, woah! Unless this is "hand-it-in-the-next-day" sorta homework, I would suggest doing half one day and half another. You got a whole year of this yet before the holidays, don't put yourself in a position where your losing sleep because of homework this early, your work may suffer due to lack of proper rest. 👍

Remember it's college not high school. Its supposed to be a more relaxed environment than high school. So relax a bit. :sly:

But for now, put down the pencil and paper and write up chapter 13, 14, 15, 16 &17. :D:tup:

Naw I'm kidding, 13 & 14 will do. :dopey:

Red-Line - Chapter 13 : Tori's Test of both Skill and Heart

"Zinaida........Zinaida......................I must meet her again!!"

We got to the tire factory thanks to the police officer. A few minutes later, Kairi and Yamato also came, then we told them what happened.

"Kyosuke, can you tell me why the local police brought you here?"
-"Hai. As we were taking a drive, we stopped for a while. Then, a police car pulled over to the side and checked our car. After that, he told us that he would accompany us to this tire factory because we were supposed to use the tires required by the town."
"I see. Well then, let's get two sets of those. You and Tori wait here. Yamato, let's go inside."
-"Heh, talk about tire restrictions....."

As they went inside the factory, Kyosuke approached me, "Say Tori, after this let's get ourselves some hot chocolate. Whaddya say??"
-"...huh....wha.....huh? Yeah sure..."
"Tori, you're blushing!!"
-"What?? Who?? Me??"
"Yeah! Your face is like a tomato!"
-"Really?? You must be joking..."
"No I'm not! Hmmm....is it because of that girl.....wait, what's her name again?? I think it was........Zinaida??"

My heart beat rapidly.

"Haha!! I'm right! Why Tori? Is it 'love at first sight' ?"
-"Stop it!"
"Hahaha! I'm just joking man....no, really, do you like her??"
-"..................."
"Look Tori, this is just between you and me, I'll keep this a secret. Do you like that girl we just met?"
-"......uh huh....."

Kyosuke smiled.

"Well that explains everything. You sure you can race with her tomorrow??"
-"............."
"I believe in you, you can win against her."

*the next day*

My Civic now has the required set of tires. After I fixed myself and ate breakfast, I immediately got on to my car. I told Kyosuke that I would be going out by myself because I need to get a feel for the tires if I am to race properly. I had a few test runs....

TakeADrive.jpg

After that, I went to the same spot where Zinaida would be waiting. I saw her and her car there, waiting. I pulled over.

"Oh, you came! I'm very glad."
-"You're welcome....i-it's no problem at all."

She smiled. Man, i missed that smile over the course of 24 hours.

"Where's your friend?"
-"You mean Kyosuke? I told him that I would be going out by myself."
"Oh I see..." She fixed her hair behind her ear. My God is she beautiful....

"So, are you ready for the race?"
-"Yes, I am."
"The course here is set around the snow at the base of the mountain. Two laps, on an anti-clockwise direction. We'll be having a stop start. Do you have any questions?"
-"No, it's all clear to me."
"Well then, let's get going, shall we??"

She led me to the place where we would start the race. I was still getting a feel for the tires, but I thought I should be okay. Race 7, begin!!

[POV Shift]

"I want to see how good a racer he is. Let's see if he can beat me."
"A new terrain, a new challenge."

IMG0000-1.jpg

*needle hits the redline"!!! Gotta remember what Kyosuke told me, let the needle bounce off the redline. Man, almost forgot my Civic has wheelspin..."

IMG0001-1.jpg

"Hmmm...he's right on my tail. Let's see how you'll do later."

IMG0002-1.jpg

"All right, this is where the asphalt section ends. The real race begins now."
"The snow section is coming up."

IMG0004-1.jpg

"Whoa! It's slippery!"

IMG0005-1.jpg

"Man, my car just keeps on sliding!"

IMG0006.jpg

"Whoa!! This is hard!! Man, she's fast.......Wait, gotta keep my concentration.."

IMG0007.jpg

"This is even harder than I thought it would be. That Celica's AWD drivetrain is perfect in these conditions."
"He's keeping a fixed distance between us. He's good...."

IMG0008.jpg

"This race is going to be a very tough one."

IMG0009-1.jpg

"C'mon, turn!!"

IMG0010.jpg

"She's having no problems at all........Hey! This isn't the time to think about things like those!"

IMG0012.jpg

"Whoa.....her drift looks cool......."

IMG0014.jpg

"Aww man, what to do, what to do??? I want to let her win, but at the same time I have to win....."
"Hmmm, he's quite a driver..."

IMG0015.jpg

"What the heck?! What am I thinking?? Of course I have to win!"

IMG0016.jpg

"Oh no, I'm about to hit her car!!!" (slams on the brakes)

IMG0017.jpg

"Phew, that was close!! But that cost me, I have a lot of ground to catch up."
"Huh? Why did he slow down??"

IMG0018.jpg

"We're at the asphalt section again...this is where I'll catch up."

IMG0019.jpg

"Here comes the snow road..."

IMG0020.jpg

"Huh? What did I just do??"
"He's slowly picking up pace....that's good."

IMG0021.jpg

"Hmmm, if I let the car slide around the corners, is it faster?? I'll try that again."

IMG0022.jpg

"Hey, I caught up! Man, this is not good for Zinaida..."
"He caught up on this snow section?? He's a lot better than I thought."

IMG0023.jpg

"He easily discovered the trick on how to navigate this course??"
"I think I'm getting the hang of this race...."

IMG0024.jpg

"I can't shake him off!"

IMG0026.jpg

"There! There's enough room for me to pass!!"

IMG0027.jpg

"Oh no! I lost concentration and opened up a big enough gap!"

IMG0029.jpg

"Sorry Zinaida....please don't hate me for this....."

IMG0030.jpg

"He passed me......this is the first time someone passed me...."

IMG0031.jpg

"But I won't give up! It's not over yet!"
"Passing her is quite easy, maintaining this position is a real challenge, especially on this terrain."

IMG0032.jpg

"Almost there....."
"The final corner!"

IMG0033.jpg

"I won! Phew, that was hard!"
-"..........." (smile)

IMG0034.jpg

[POV Shift]

As we pulled over, she got out of the car and walked towards me. I hope she's not angry...

Oh no! She's giving me a mean stare!!

(mean look, then calm look and smiled)"You're quite a race driver. I'm very impressed."
-".....uh.....thanks...." *hope she's not angry....*
"This is the first time someone has ever beat me on my home course."
-"Really??"
"Yes. I don't know, but it feels......refreshing......knowing that someone could beat you after a long time of racing in your home course."

I just returned a smile. Then suddenly, Kyosuke came. He got off his car and went running towards me.

"Tori! How're the tires?"
-"They feel great on snow, thanks for asking Kyosuke-san."
Kyosuke noticed Zinaida. "Did you two already race??"
-"Uh huh."
"Who won??"
-"He did."
"What?? Really?? You won, Tori??"
-"Yeah...."
"Haha! Kagiyama-san's going to be pleased when he knows about this. Let's go right now. Or is there somethin you want to do first?"

Zinaida uttered, "Say Tori.....now that this is over....would it be okay to you if............if......"
-"What is it?"
".....If we could.......meet again tomorrow........and.........go around town........you know......."
-".....uh.....sure.....it's fine..."
"Really?? You won't be leaving tomorrow??"
-"No, we decided to stick around for a little while longer. So it's okay, I have got nothing to do tomorrow."
"I see, thank you....let's meet again here, at this same spot."
-"Sure you got it."

She smiled...again...... I think I'm in heaven......

After that, she left. "Nice one Tori, you got yourself a date!!"
-"uh, yah, hehehe......"
"Hey, you're blushing again!! Hahaha!!"
-"............"
"Haha.....you know what, let's just go back. We still have to tell Kagiyama-san about your race. You explain to him what happened, since I didn't get to see your race."

I can't believe it......she, no, Zinaida......asked me to go out with her........This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!! I can't wait!

Next on Red-Line - Chapter 14 : Zinaida

don't miss it!!

(Deep breath) Awwwwwwwwwwww........................... (Deep Breath) Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.:lol: Nice chapter, hope the next one isn't all about the date.:scared:

Back