RedBull X2019 Endurance Race 5

• Thread starter arboureal
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Race 5 seems impossible to beat, best I do is finish 3rd. Placed last to start 20/20, leader has huge advantage, any suggestions?

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wik...e_Series?file=X2019_Competition_Endurance.jpg

Interlagos

put in a tune. i used HSG on every track... also put final gear as max speed plus say 10kmh for the tow

you can also cheat turn 1 if you liike

also i would think that in *most* cases you need to be faster in the long sweep corners, you can chain these and not brake in some

also i feel like the AI cheats hard at interlagos, they have magic boost on the main straight... in that i know i have less fuel, better tyres and shorter gearing and they still PULL me on the straights

i have nothing for you on the hairpins except to say that 2nd gear may be ok to avoid wheelspin

Last edited:
https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wik...e_Series?file=X2019_Competition_Endurance.jpg

Interlagos

put in a tune. i used HSG on every track... also put final gear as max speed plus say 10kmh for the tow

you can also cheat turn 1 if you liike

also i would think that in *most* cases you need to be faster in the long sweep corners, you can chain these and not brake in some

also i feel like the AI cheats hard at interlagos, they have magic boost on the main straight... in that i know i have less fuel, better tyres and shorter gearing and they still PULL me on the straights

i have nothing for you on the hairpins except to say that 2nd gear may be ok to avoid wheelspin
Thanks for that, I'll try all this, although I have been using the short cut and bend 1 and tuned up to max.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my attempt, I simply watched where the AI was slower and made the most of the corners and got them where they were the weakest. Also, gotta mind the tire wear as (at least at the time) it was very brutal, even with the Hards.

In my attempt, I simply watched where the AI was slower and made the most of the corners and got them where they were the weakest. Also, gotta mind the tire wear as (at least at the time) it was very brutal, even with the Hards.

Thanks for the advice and video. Can I ask you what gear ratios you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, what gear ratios are you using?

I was on controller at the time using automatic so didn't really have a setup. It really just came down to driving the car the best I could and seeing where I could take advantage of the AI. I will admit that I did a Custom Arcade race that simulated this race to gather the information so that helped abit.

Last edited:
I didn't use a tune and was P1 by the first pit stops. Make sure you are using a good tyre strat. So long as you drive o.k. you should beat the AI easily. The A.I. do cheat sometimes to grab a fastest lap but their race pace is still poor.

Latest Posts

Back