New Redbull X2019 Competition

• Thread starter FRR35H
  • 26 comments
Australia
Australia
frr35h101
Just noticed the 2019 World Tour hosted a race featuring what looks to be a new Redbull car. The X2019 :
upload_2019-6-23_10-51-32.png

upload_2019-6-23_10-52-18.png

This is a new car am I right?

Yeah they were talking about upgraded aero and engine. So maybe we will see this in a future update. It doesn't look super different, then again, the Redbull cars rarely look too different from previous models.

I'd argue that the X2019 Competition does a lot for keeping the GT franchise's brand of e sports fairly unique, on top of that the cars make for some seriously cool racing as we saw today and we've seen over the course of previous events. Its Like Gran Turismo's very own brand of top level formula, an evolution of the Formula GT concept we saw in Gran Turismo 4 if you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd argue that the X2019 Competition does a lot for keeping the GT franchise's brand of e sports fairly unique, on top of that the cars make for some seriously cool racing as we saw today and we've seen over the course of previous events. Its Like Gran Turismo's very own brand of top level formula, an evolution of the Formula GT concept we saw in Gran Turismo 4 if you will.

They already have that car in the form of X2014 Standard. Saying it now has a V12 doesn't really mean much when it's a fictional car in the first place. It could run on a fusion engine for all I care. IMO, if they want to bring a new X car, make it have a hybrid system to follow F1's natural evolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
They already have that car in the form of X2014 Standard. Saying it now has a V12 doesn't really mean much when it's a fictional car in the first place. It could run on a fusion engine for all I care. IMO, if they want to bring a new X car, make it have a hybrid system to follow F1's natural evolution.

It's got a V12 for the entertainment value. Everyone loves the sound of them. We're not trying to meet emission regs here. ;)

It also has shorter gear ratios, 1-4.

The car has completely different aero. It has generally lower aero and moves around much more, but with more drag so lower top speeds. Actually really fun to drive. Which is saying something considering the boring the new physics. :P

I get that some people dont like these RBR spaceships but its a bit long in the day to complain about this.

They debuted in GT5 w/ the x2010s?

There's about 10 of them now? It is what it is, like the VGT program.

I would love to see what their x2019 version is like... no doubt they will spin a hybrid one soon.

I'm not sure how we got from "new GT Sport car" to "SENNA DEATH CONSPIRACY" in under 20 posts (Edit: Oh, it's by the usual, tedious "I don't want that, I want this" that we have the Suggestions forum for) , but let's get back to "new GT Sport car", kay?

Even with the more powerful (I may be wrong though) V12 engine and reduced drag, it feels somewhat slower than the X2014 Standard.

Isn't this just a duplicate? Are there any visible differences? I can't see anything different from past models.

Isn't this just a duplicate? Are there any visible differences? I can't see anything different from past models.

It would not surprise me if they didnt change the visual model at all.

They only changed the engine note and the driving parameters.

Which is fine. I mean what did you expect?

Back