Redout II compling to a gaming platform of your choice on June 16th on All platforms! (new info)

Wales
Wales, UK
Snake55wildcat

Yes, a sequel to 2016's Redout futuristic racing game (and not a prequel unlike 2019/2020's Redout Space Assault) is getting a sequel, first announced last december by original game developer 34BigThings, with the aptly named Redout II coming this year.

Personally, this is the game im most excited for in 2022, even above GT7, with comphrehensive customisation (both visually and performance wise), many ways to tailor the game to a player's preference in terms of vehicle assists and 12 racing teams to act as your base your own ship 'plans', this game is looking very much like a milestone for the futuristic racing genre.

And while it will have seasonal content, none of it will be tied to performance of the vehicles, and they have said there will not be a battlepass for this kind of thing, either (take that, Hotwheels Unleashed and The Crew 2) and a majority of the content will be available in the singleplayer campaign and its 250 event strong singleplayer campaign.

THE WORLD IS SAVED.png

The game is set to arrive on all major released platforms, PS4, PS5, Xbox OneS/X, Xbox Series S/X, PC and Switch later this year.

Previews:
Rock Paper Shotgun
The Sixth Axis
Noisy Pixel (with video!)
Shacknews Youtube Video of the first 3 tracks

Anyone else here looking forward to this ferociously fast racing game?

Last edited:

Release Date is now May 26th June 16th (the game got a small delay), which is (still) sooner than many people expected, including me!

And we got some additional launch details from a dev in the official Redout Discord

Redout2 Launch Info.png

Last edited:
Redout 2 is a day 1 for me, easily.
same here! i'll be getting day 1 on PS5 Deluxe Edition,

Speaking of.. also I know the pricing details now

Pricing Details
$/€ 30 for Base Game
$/€ 45 for the Deluxe Edition (contains base game + DLC season pass)
$/€ 50 for Ultimate Edition (PC only, contains the above and the 42 track OST*, with 9 licensed tracks)

*The soundtrack can be bought seperately on steam/EGS from the ultimate edition.

The devs have also further stressed this game will NEVER have MTX (microtransactions) or Battlepasses, and that their monetary model is strictly DLC Packs

Last edited:
NEW NEWS:

for those unaware, the game got Delayed from May 26th to June 16th... HOWEVER new game footage has been spotted as of a May 20th interview (in italian) with the developers of the game, video below.

Well today we got a new twitter clip:

(Click Here If the embed doesnt work)

And now thanks to today's twitter clip all the licensed songs the game will have - these can be toggled off in the game too 👍
Zardonic - Raise Hell (instrumental) [? - this is the only one im still unsure of] (used the Tartarus Mines location)
Zardonic - The Takeover (Ft. the Qemists) (used in Mars Memorial location)
Kalki - Japan (used in Mount Fuji location)
Dance with the Dead - Riot (used in Neo Tokyo)
Ticon - 1987 (used in the floating mountains course, which i'll refer to for now as Richard Wotan)
Matteo Tura - LARSEN (used in the new clip above, the course with the Black Hole, IRIS Station[?])
Technical Hitch - The Strings Theory (Used in Old Cairo)
U-Recken - Lost Paradise (Used in the Mariana Trench courses)
Giorgio Moroder - 74 is the new 24 (used in V.E

been playing through on the PS5 version so far since release, have had NO issues and/or crashes at all, though i've seen one report of it overheating their PS5 but i've had my PS5 for a year already and that isnt having issues, the game's difficulty is my only major gripe being absolutely brutal in the A league, but the gameplay and the sheer amount of content it provides to the player is unmatched in most modern racers (aside from probably the original redout surprisingly) - this game is easily my Game of the Year... maybe even of the generation

Loving this game - but it needs to be patched on PS5, as the HDR doesn't work properly causing it to be way too dark. Although as a quick fix I turn the HDR 'off' in the PS5 video options, then the colour is great!

Apart from that, it runs perfect. Amazing tracks and speed.

Back