• Thread starter reefer
  • 47 comments
Scotland
Glasgow
joe__kerr
g4803.png

LAST ORDERS

SATURDAY EVENING,10 MARCH 2018

The Classic Car Club's Madness Series on GT6 will have its last event on10 March and all clean drivers are welcome to join in whether you're a club member or not.

8:45PM: FUN RACE AT SILVERSTONE THE STOWE

Caterham Seven Fireblade

stock
CS Tyres
560pp
157hp
369kg
FULL TRANNY SET MAX SPEED TO 112MPH

9:30PM: SUPPORT RACE AT TRIAL MOUNTAIN REVERSE 1x10 laps

GRID FASTEST FIRST

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 Vs. BMW Z8 '01
your choice - pick your favourite

Specs for the RX-7
489PP
307HP
1039KG
OIL CHANGE
SM Tyres
All weight off
100% Power Limiter
FULL TRANNY SET MAX SPEED TO 168MPH - don't alter individual gears
Standard Suspension, Brakes (5/5), Drivetrain, no Power parts

Specs for Z8
501PP
389HP
1289KG
NO OIL CHANGE
SM Tyres
All weight off
98.5% Power Limiter
FULL TRANNY SET MAX SPEED TO 168PMH - don't alter individual gears
Standard: Suspension, Brakes (5/5), Drivetrain, no Power parts

At the above specs, these cars are running exactly the same time at TM - 1:32.0 offline. The Z8 is a tiny bit faster on the straights and the RX-7 a tiny bit better in the corners. They're both great drivers and will make for an interesting race.

FEATURE RACES

RACE 1

FASTEST FIRST GRID

QUALIFYING STARTS AT 10:15PM

SPA FRANCORCHAMPS 1x8 LAPS

HONDA S2000 '06

Specs:
535PP
475HP
1047KG
NO OIL CHANGE
SPORT: SOFTS
All weight off
100% Power Limiter
FULL TRANNY SET MAX SPEED TO 186MPH (300KPH) - don't alter individual gears
Standard: Suspension, Brakes (5/5), Drivetrain,
ALL Power parts but Exhaust should be Sports Exhaust

ALL CARS WILL RUN WITH EXACTLY THE SAME SPECS

RACE 2

REVERSE GRID

TRACK Mid-Field 1X14 LAPS

ALFA ROMEO 8C COMPETIZIONE '08

Specs:
518PP
442HP
1268KG
NO OIL CHANGE
SPORT: SOFTS
All weight off
100% Power Limiter
FULL TRANNY SET MAX SPEED TO 186MPH (300KPH) - don't alter individual gears
Racing Suspension: Soft, Standard Brakes (5/5), Drivetrain,
NO Power parts

Tyre wear on Very Fast for the last race

ALL CARS WILL RUN WITH EXACTLY THE SAME SPECS

Room Settings
Tuning allowed (but we're only taking off all weight and adding a full transmission so we're NOT really 'tuning' the car)
Tyres: SPORT: SOFTS
Feature: Race 1 Grid Order is fastest first
Second race Reverse Grid
Tyre Wear/Fuel usage is normal
ABS is available
Driving line is available
All other Driving Aids are prohibited
Require Tyre Type Change is off
Start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
Penalty is off
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge is real
Visible Damage is off
Mechanical Damage is off
Slipstream Strength is real
Nitrous is prohibited
Boost is off
Voice Chat will be enabled

Last Bell!
Many GT6 racers have moved on to GTS or PC2 or other similar games, however, I invite you back to PS3 and GT6 one last time before the online servers shut down for good. Anyone who wants to have good clean fun is welcome. The races will be held in the GT6 Classic Car Club lobby. Community Club (ID: 1042717). My PSN username is joe__kerr

- joe

==============================

Last edited:
I'm getting my PS3 ready...
IMG_20180226_104433_284.jpg

Not so sure about my headphones though, they've fallen apart. I'll have to get some sticky tape out and do a quick fix. :)

I have run into a problem. my year subscription for online play is about to run out and I don't have the money to renew it. i was expecting my tax return to be here by now but I just learned my wife gave me the wrong routing number to the bank and now I have to wait for a paper check in the mail. and who knows when it will get sent. so I might be off ps4 for a while till it comes. I hope not. this was not good news this morning. like my psn id says nolucktoday.

hahaha I just remembered I don't need playstion plus for ps3. that just brightened my day up. I might be off ps4 for a while but I still have ps3 until they shut down gt6 servers.

Really looking forward to this.

Spa is our feature race in the Lotus Esprit Sport 350 Suts. I love how it drives but am a little worried that the lift-off over steer may be horrible for others, especially those on sticks. We can always make the perfectly matched Mazda and BMW the feature race? Anyone got 5 minutes to try out the Esprit Sport at Sut's Spa?

Lads, I've updated the OP above with some changes. Apologies for the lateness. We'll be running the S2000 and the Alfa 8C instead of the 350 ice cream van. I'm looking for a venue for the 8C so please suggest a track you'd like to run it at. I've also changed the specs of the cars in the Feature Race to reflect the changes so make sure to check them out.

A track for the 8C anyone?

I think I will dust off...well, everything (including myself) to join in on this. There were a lot of fun times in GT6 (with many of you), so although dusty I will have to give it a proper send-off.

Yes, looking forward to doing battle again mate ;)

ps. make sure to get the S2000 '03 and not one of the other versions.

Lads, I've updated the OP above with some changes. Apologies for the lateness. We'll be running the S2000 and the Alfa 8C instead of the 350 ice cream van. I'm looking for a venue for the 8C so please suggest a track you'd like to run it at. I've also changed the specs of the cars in the Feature Race to reflect the changes so make sure to check them out.

A track for the 8C anyone?

Yes, looking forward to doing battle again mate ;)

ps. make sure to get the S2000 '03 and not one of the other versions.

Your new avatar looks a lot better than the old pot-head, JK. How about Brands Hatch?

How about Brands Hatch?

The 8C likes to stretch its legs and Brands Hatch didn't work well. Anyway I think GTS has Brands so maybe a different track is better?

I vote for Deep Forest - a GT favourite.

Deep was too bumpy for the 8C Longbow. I tried it with different suspension settings but it wasn't fun so no dice there.

Silverstone GP - where the Madness kicked off - was a good drive though and might be a good place to finish up? If there are any other suggestions, I go test. If not, we"ll go back to where it all started for our last race.

Mid-field? Good for leg stretching.

(Normal or reverse)

make sure to get the S2000 '03 and not one of the other versions.
There's three '03 versions to choose from. Any preference?

Last edited:
The 8C likes to stretch its legs and Brands Hatch didn't work well. Anyway I think GTS has Brands so maybe a different track is better?

Deep was too bumpy for the 8C Longbow. I tried it with different suspension settings but it wasn't fun so no dice there.

Silverstone GP - where the Madness kicked off - was a good drive though and might be a good place to finish up? If there are any other suggestions, I go test. If not, we"ll go back to where it all started for our last race.

Silverstone sounds good to me.

Actually Mid-Field forward is best. The 8C jumps on the reverse layout, I think it would cause a few crashes.
Your gearbox settings work well there too.

Except for the multi choise S2000 the cars are all ready to go. It's actually good to get back to GT6. There's a sense of familiarity.

You sure about the '03 model? It's a standard but there is a later '06 model that is premium. Since it's a one make race...

Last edited:
Strangely enough in GT6 I just did the current street car time trial which just happened to be at Mid-Field. Even stranger the car you win for getting gold is a... Alfa 8C!
It's a sign from Kaz that it's meant to be. :P

I just wish I'd done the TT before I bought the car.

Last edited:
Yes, it would be great if mallet could join us.

I"ll jump on ps3 in 30 minutes and test the 8C at Mid-Field and try out the S2000 '06. Cheers lads.

Back