Reefer Madness: Last Orders, Sat 10 March - All Welcome

• Thread starter reefer
  • 47 comments
S2000 '06 is great and the interior view will please those who prefer the inside view - I know Tooma does - so I've made the changes to the specs above.

Strangely enough in GT6 I just did the current street car time trial which just happened to be at Mid-Field. Even stranger the car you win for getting gold is a... Alfa 8C!
It's a sign from Kaz that it's meant to be. :P

Re the track: The 8C is brilliant at Midfield P but runs better with the soft racing suspension so add that (without changing any of the settings tho). Also it's a quick lap so I've upped the laps to 15 which should take around 20 minutes and allow for a bit of strategy and variety. Tyre wear for this, the last race, will be on "Fast".

UPDATE: 14 laps in the 8C not 15. And tyre wear "Very Fast". I ran out of gas just as I crossed the line starting my 15th lap. The 14th lap was a bit hairy with my rear left down at 2.. to pit or not to pit..

Last edited:
I'm glad you liked the 8C Mid-Field combo. They did seem to go together well.
With my notoriously miserly fuel usage I'll probably still have half a tank left.

The S2000 is all maxed out! Although it's still placid. Well quite placid. :)

With my notoriously miserly fuel usage I'll probably still have half a tank left.

Your ability to save tyres and fuel is legendary Paul and I can see this being your race! The S2000 '06 at Sut's Spa is Qualifying>Fastest First Grid but the last race in the 8C at Mid-Field is Reverse Grid. There was only 3 seconds between pitting and not pitting when I ran with Jeppe the other day so it should will be close.

Sorry for a double, but I've just thought - I wonder if @Conformation would be interested in these races. He's still GT6ing.

A last blast Mallet?
I'd love to but I'm not going to be near a PS3 very much at all before the end of online service. I won't be able to make it. :(

If my wife okays my evening of running cars, I'm in. She holds tight to her evening time. But I hope I can make it. so I'm kinda a reserve last option for now.

hope to make it, lads:gtpflag:

If my wife okays my evening of running cars, I'm in. She holds tight to her evening time. But I hope I can make it. so I'm kinda a reserve last option for now.

hope to make it, lads:gtpflag:

Jump in on this if you can Lilium, it should be great and a fitting end to racing online in GT6.

I will not be able to make it Saturday because of work. I need the overtime anyway as I am still waiting on my tax return.
Have fun u guys.

After looking at the thread for a few weeks now I've only just noticed the start time of 8.45! My brain was assuming it was around your old time of 10.30, good job I was a bit more alert this morning. Which is unusual. Anyway it's not a problem; I've set up a reminder alarm to er, remind me.

It'll be a little on the early (late) side for you Joe!

Hope all the others have spotted it.

start time of 8.45!

Hope all the others have spotted it.

Last orders at the bar so it"s an earlier than usual start Paul. Any car is fine for the fun race, the Caterham seemed like a laugh on the corner-cutting Stowe though..

Obviously the 2 Feature Races are the biggies. But of course it might take the Support Race for you Sporty Project boys n' girls to get your finger/foot/eye in again, hence their inclusion. The RX-7 is the easier drive. For the Z8 set power limiter to 98.5% - all details in the specs on page 1.

Then we move on to Spa and Mid-Field for the Features. The fun race is just that, no real need to turn up so early though..unless you want to get your eye in.

We've had a few, let's go for Last Orders!
:cheers::cheers::cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the turnout lads. There were thrills 'n spills and some great overtakes. We've had some good times on GT6, but time moves on...

Look after yourselves, stay fast and maybe we can catch up again sometime!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Joe and all

Brilliant fun racing with you all last night. A fitting send off for GT6. Great fun to race on tracks that we might not see on GTS. :lol:

I seemed to get slower and more lairy as the night wore on!! Shame I couldn’t do “suts” Spa justice Joe. However I have left you with a 140mph spin corner before the bus stop as well as my start /finish line evolving crash on TMr just cause I got spooked!!!:dopey:

Take care joe and others not over on GTS. I’ll see the GTS guys on Tuesdays.

:cheers:

Echo what Suits says @reefer. Thanks for organising the fitting send off.

It was indeed good to get back in the GT6 saddle and to ride off into the sunset with the old posse. The magnificent seven ten.

Congratulations on your race wins. Even with a dicky shoulder you've not slowed down.
(How is the shoulder after the races?)

Your ability to save tyres and fuel is legendary Paul and I can see this being your race!
Almost. Nearly had you. :)

However I have left you with a 140mph spin corner before the bus stop...

Renamed to Sut's Spinning Spa (Bus) Stop. It needed christened before it could be renamed.

(How is the shoulder after the races?)

The fishing line, cellotape and chewing gum trick is doing wonders Paul. There's hope for me yet.

I was just glad the PS3 held up well to see the evening out. Now it can retire in peace.

Almost. Nearly had you. :)

It would have been too beautiful had you pipped me crossing the line on an empty fuel tank.

If it hadn't been for the various spins I'm sure we'd have had a different winner for each race. The replay did show some good battles midfield though.

The fishing line, cellotape and chewing gum trick is doing wonders Paul.
That cellotape trick seemed to work especially well, you certainly stuck to the track alright. :P

See you over on the PS4. Go on you know you want to. ;)

Back