Regarding Spammers - USE IGNORE BUTTON

  • Thread starter Thread starter niky
  • 43 comments
  • 1,975 views

niky

Karma Chameleon
Staff Emeritus
Messages
23,800
Philippines
Philippines
Okay, maybe I shouldn't make a thread about this, but here goes:

Don't reply to spam. Simple as that. I know there aren't any mods on at times that are convenient to some of us, especially for European, Asian and Australian users, but they'll see the stupid stuff eventually and delete it.

Replying in kind to spammers just wastes bandwidth... hell, this post is a waste, too, and I'll remove it when the problem is gone... so save your breath and stick the guy on your ignore list. I have already. But it bugs me that everyone else is still reacting. Don't get worked up. Just click on his name, and use the ignore option.

:) Stay happy :)

And Smiths, I can't read a thing you're saying. :lol:
 
Yep I agree. One of the threads is getting a ridiculous amount of replies.

I admit I replied once to each thread, but you don't have to over and over making things worse. It may be fun to make fun of a member in the wrong, but it's stupid and a waste of bandwidth. 👎

Really, in a way, it would make you as immature as Smiths is.
 
I just noticed the other threads you were talking about, and this "Smiths". 👎 Pretty sad, man.
 
I am new to this forum but some of the stuff that sad smiths guy said were affensive and were racist. On other foums I have been on, the mod or admin can give them 3 warnings and then they will be banned for good. I am not sure if thehy can do this on this forum but it would be a dam good idea. It also gives the forum...well...a bad reputation I guess. This guy is obviusly a WASTE of SPACE.
 
Thanks for the tip mate! ^^" I was pretty annoyed by this geezer... Too bad there are people on this planet who appearantly like to mess-up nice forums like these... Sad, sad, sad...
 
Toni Babelony
Thanks for the tip mate! ^^" I was pretty annoyed by this geezer... Too bad there are people on this planet who appearantly like to mess-up nice forums like these... Sad, sad, sad...

Vermin will always exist—it’s just unfortunate that all of the pest controllers are sleeping soundly on the other side of the Atlantic.
 
Yes , thank you for the tip.
I'd like better the Ignore Button to hide any whole thread that has been started by a spammer , not his posts only.
Anyway , this is helpful.
 
Noooooooooooo! Damn it! it can be fun entertainment at 3:00a.m. ! :dopey:
 
no people like smiths should be allowed to freely express their views, and if you think smiths is sad, you are on a video game website at three in the morning
 
Alright... play while you can... but thank God I won't have to see all that in the morning when it gets deleted. :lol:

Carry on, people. :D
 
Where are the mods hiding? I can't believe this has gone so much without his threads being deleted and him being banned.
 
Because it's about 4am EST, would you want to be moderating a board at that hour?
 
This sounds trivial... but all these threads are in the wrong place :P
 
thebindley
no people like smiths should be allowed to freely express their views, and if you think smiths is sad, you are on a video game website at three in the morning

Yeah, if you think he's sad, you should see this guy!
 
ultrabeat
This sounds trivial... but all these threads are in the wrong place :P

👍


::cough:: opinions section ::cough::
 
stumpydino
i think this place needs some moderators 👍
Agreed. There are none online around this time, and many around later. 👎
 
We should have a couple of more european mods.
 
PM'd mod, he says they're being locked. 👍

Edit: Deleted.
 
BTW folks, "thebindley" is actually "Smiths". He'll be gone soon, too...
 
...and indeed he/they is/are.

On the subject of the Ignore feature, it does work well. Also, there is the Report to Moderators button which is effective as well.

We used to have a little better coverage of time zones until recently, when a few of our mods ended up having real life interfere with their jobs here. A mod from Australia has left the forum; one from South Africa has been hobbled by his company's IT department, and one from Scotland has been active but not as active as before.

The rest of us are doing what we can when we're on (not that I think anybody is complaining), and we'll do what we can to improve the coverage.

In the meantime, ignoring trolls rather than giving them any satisfaction is the best bet; coupled with healthy use of the Report button.

Thanks for the help from everybody who did those things.
 
Duke
...and indeed he/they is/are.

On the subject of the Ignore feature, it does work well. Also, there is the Report to Moderators button which is effective as well.

We used to have a little better coverage of time zones until recently, when a few of our mods ended up having real life interfere with their jobs here. A mod from Australia has left the forum; one from South Africa has been hobbled by his company's IT department, and one from Scotland has been active but not as active as before.

The rest of us are doing what we can when we're on (not that I think anybody is complaining), and we'll do what we can to improve the coverage.

In the meantime, ignoring trolls rather than giving them any satisfaction is the best bet; coupled with healthy use of the Report button.

Thanks for the help from everybody who did those things.


OK i see that there a lack of mods, and i heard that it is invitation only to become a mod.
How does someone get invited???
 
I don't think it works like that. You have to prove yourself to Jordan.

You need to show that you are trustworthy and helpful.

I hope you find this information helpful.
 
Back