Regarding Spammers - USE IGNORE BUTTON

  • Thread starter Thread starter niky
  • 43 comments
  • 1,975 views
futuredrifter
How does someone get invited???

You get asked by PM from anyone in the modstaff after they discussed and evaluated pretty much anything that gets visible here about you, to meet their standards.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)
 
futuredrifter
OK i see that there a lack of mods, and i heard that it is invitation only to become a mod.
How does someone get invited???
You have "to show a great amount of leadership, self-control, and helpfullness." Quoted from Jordan himself.

He also said there is no guarantee to become a mod no matter how good of a member you are.

If so, you will be invited with a PM.
 
Jugend
You get asked by PM from anyone in the modstaff after they discussed and evaluated pretty much anything that gets visible here about you, to meet their standards.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Actually, Jordan observes the boards a lot, even if he doesn't post too much. He makes mental note of who the productive, contributing, and mature members are, and who he thinks would be helpful on the staff.

He usually pays the rest of us the courtesy of asking our opinions, as well, but that's courtesy indeed and not required. Then Jordan will PM an invite to the member in question and wait for their reply.

The current situation is under consideration; we're still trying to deal with the loss of a couple really helpful folks on the staff, but I know Jordan has a plan.
 
Duke
Actually, Jordan observes the boards a lot, even if he doesn't post too much. He makes mental note of who the productive, contributing, and mature members are, and who he thinks would be helpful on the staff.

He usually pays the rest of us the courtesy of asking our opinions, as well, but that's courtesy indeed and not required. Then Jordan will PM an invite to the member in question and wait for their reply.

The current situation is under consideration; we're still trying to deal with the loss of a couple really helpful folks on the staff, but I know Jordan has a plan.

Well, good luck to you guys. Thank God all that stuff is gone. thebindley is smiths? go figure... looked sorta like the attack the other day from "liebschitzpony" that got quenched fast enough.

If you need new mods, better make it a couple. I think at least two Aussie / Asian time zone mods and two British / European mods should suffice. Otherwise, well, we'll just have to keep telling people to use the button.

Thanks for the action, Duke. :)
 
Thank God that smiths dude is off... it's one thing to give your opinion... but it's another to be a racist pig without a life.. i know that we discuss things on a videogame forum, but that kind of garbage does not belong where little kids can read it...

yay for the mod who deleted the thread and possibly perma-banned his IP address
 
Duke
Actually, Jordan observes the boards a lot, even if he doesn't post too much. He makes mental note of who the productive, contributing, and mature members are, and who he thinks would be helpful on the staff.

So, it still is him who has the main leadership here..

I guess the lack of his appearance in posts made me think that he somehow, partly had passed on some of the rights to decisions to the modstaff collective.
 
Glad someone's watching.

And thankfully, it seems there are no lurkers around anymore. Two spam attacks in one week is quite enough.
 
Samberto
Vermin will always exist—it’s just unfortunate that all of the pest controllers are sleeping soundly on the other side of the Atlantic.
Woah!!!
Where'd you come from?

Sorry for off-topic.
But in my personal opinion, if any one from Europe needs to be a mod, its Scaff. 👍
Again, imo.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Woah!!!
Where'd you come from? Sorry for off-topic.

Whoah? McF1, I’m afraid that you will need to clarify your question.
 
McLaren F1GTR
But in my personal opinion, if any one from Europe needs to be a mod, its Scaff. 👍
Again, imo.

👍 Yup, he's a decent sort. And he's on a lot. But I think it needs to be a couple of guys, for good coverage.
 
Samberto
Whoah? McF1, I’m afraid that you will need to clarify your question.
I thought you were going to be gone for a few months, a year at most in South Africa...Or did I confuse you with someone else?
 
McLaren F1GTR
I thought you were going to be gone for a few months, a year at most in South Africa...Or did I confuse you with someone else?

I was in PNG for four months. You must have missed me terribly. :lol:
Ok, back to topic.
 
Back